Fanfold disposables for adults?

That's how the early adult diapers were as well even after infant diapers went to the fitted shape. You can still find some as the "Kendall Ables" diaper.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Diprs2
willnotwill said:
You can still find some as the "Kendall Ables" diaper.
Interesting, I've never seen a diaper that was advertised as being able to be used as an underpad, as well.

Dollar Tree has a 2 pk of a undepad. Plastic backed. Has the right dimensions to be crafted in a fan fold diaper. To really make real. Use hot glue gun or safe for skin glue to make inner middle fold. Use white duct tape as tabs
At Dollar Tree. Located in Women's hygiene section. Or with cotton balls

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and Deleted member 56273
Eclectic said:
I wore vintage style Pampers growing up (fanfold). They leaked and messes were also prone to falling out. Early adult disposables were also fanfold with one tab per side (Surecare and Ambeze, to name a few of the brands). They were much thinner than Pampers and prone to leaking and tearing.

I don’t know about others, but I wear diapers to keep in leaks and messes. if you want fanfold, try a cloth prefold and plastic pants, otherwise the disposables available today are way better than those of the 70’s and 80’s.

Larger underpads were available with two pairs of side tabs.

I had a Catalog given to me at a medical supply store it was a thin flyer type catalog for Whitestone Medical and on one page it showed the adult Ameze diapers on the opposite page was the Ambeze Junior diapers it showed the package and a boy who looked to be about 10 years old kneeling on one knee and all he had one was n Ambeeze Junior I once saw the same photo of the boy in an ad somewhere I don't remember where I would love to find that ad that was the first time I saw someone older than a Toddler in a disposable diaper

Attachments

• 119059503_10158279396201928_7164527736744713638_n.jpg
    119059503_10158279396201928_7164527736744713638_n.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 84
  • mLk3jr02mnaVVtndYInxtoQ.jpg
    mLk3jr02mnaVVtndYInxtoQ.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 64
  • s-l1600 (18).jpg
    s-l1600 (18).jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 60
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 79
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Diprs2, Cavvet8993 and 3 others
Ambeze was one of my goto diapers back in the early 80's.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and Deleted member 56273
As a parent who had to deal with fanfold diapers for my children I can definitely say that they were terrible. They leaked frequently and were absolutely terrible for #2. It is understandable why they are no longer manufactured.
I still have one plain white fanfold baby diaper from that era that I keep as a historical artifact. Considering its size it is very bulky compared to today’s diapers because they were filled with pulp and no SAP.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and Deleted member 56273
Neither me nor my sisters were in fanfold pampers style (weren't really a thing yet). My brother was (he's seven years younger than me). Mom still put rubber (probably plastic but she always called them rubber) pants over them. Still it was how I remembered infant pampers (before the days of "baby-shaped kimbies and the more modern hourglass ones) so I kept wearing the fanfolds for as long as I could get them. Yeah, they didn't work real well functionally compared to what we have now.

Reactions: Diprs2
dpcare said:
I had a Catalog given to me at a medical supply store it was a thin flyer type catalog for Whitestone Medical and on one page it showed the adult Ameze diapers on the opposite page was the Ambeze Junior diapers it showed the package and a boy who looked to be about 10 years old kneeling on one knee and all he had one was n Ambeeze Junior I once saw the same photo of the boy in an ad somewhere I don't remember where I would love to find that ad that was the first time I saw someone older than a Toddler in a disposable diaper
Hey, check it out! That last photo of an adult in the baby blue T-shirt and fanfold diaper is me! Here's another few shots from that same set just to prove it:

Favorites40.jpgFavorites41.jpgFavorites42.jpgFavorites43.jpg

PS. The diapers are vintage 70s fanfold Pampers Toddler size, two or three glued together to fit the 50-year old me!

• Love
Reactions: Ranma, Diprs2, MetalDan86 and 3 others
I for one would love to wear a fan fold diaper made in adult size.
As I have not seen or worn any since 1985.

Reactions: Diprs2 and 70sPampers
lonnie said:
I for one would love to wear a fan fold diaper made in adult size.
As I have not seen or worn any since 1985.
Fanfolds are the ONLY diapers for me! I have no desire for hourglass diapers with elastic gathers, etc. However, those thin, flimsy Ambeze, SureCare, and other "glorified changing mats that are supposed to pass off as adult diapers" never did anything for my diaper fetish so I took to attaching a few vintage baby sized 70s Toddler Pampers to achieve, for me, what is as authentic a diaper feel as I can. No, the result would probably NOT serve any functional wetting or messing purpose, but then again I NEVER wet or mess my diapers so I am okie-dokie!

Here is what the end result looks like (all photos are high-res so click thumbnail for larger view...)

Favorites1372.jpgFavorites1381.jpgFavorites1382.jpgFavorites1385.jpgFavorites1386.jpgFavorites1387.jpgFavorites1388.jpgFavorites1494.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Ranma, Diprs2 and 5 others
70sPampers said:
Fanfolds are the ONLY diapers for me! I have no desire for hourglass diapers with elastic gathers, etc. However, those thin, flimsy Ambeze, SureCare, and other "glorified changing mats that are supposed to pass off as adult diapers" never did anything for my diaper fetish so I took to attaching a few vintage baby sized 70s Toddler Pampers to achieve, for me, what is as authentic a diaper feel as I can. No, the result would probably NOT serve any functional wetting or messing purpose, but then again I NEVER wet or mess my diapers so I am okie-dokie!

Here is what the end result looks like (all photos are high-res so click thumbnail for larger view...)

View attachment 75293View attachment 75294View attachment 75295View attachment 75296View attachment 75297View attachment 75298View attachment 75299View attachment 75300
You are absolutely correct, they where not useful for wetting or messing, but they where the first adult size diapers I got to wear when I started my diaper training.

Reactions: Diprs2, 70sPampers and Deleted member 56273
When I think of fanfold disposable diapers, I remember leaks more than anything else. Both pee and poop leaks. And they did not fit especially well. I liked the plastic backing with its crinkling sound, though. Today's premium disposable diapers are far more comfortable and keep my clothes, bedding, and furniture dry much more reliably.

Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks and Deleted member 56273
Freddie07601 said:
Today's premium disposable diapers are far more comfortable and keep my clothes, bedding, and furniture dry much more reliably.

Luvs and Huggies with their hourglass design became the foundation for the modern adult disposable diaper which debuted in the late 1970s.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Ranma and Diprs2
BabyTweetyBird said:
Luvs and Huggies with their hourglass design became the foundation for the modern adult disposable diaper which debuted in the late 1970s.
Actually, as far as hourglass diapers go, those first line 1978 Huggies (and the early Kimbies that they themselves were modeled after) are the ONLY two non-fanfold diapers that ever caught my interest, and that is because both the 1978 Huggies (as well as the Kimbies) featured the diamond-embossed plastic like 70s Pampers--the feature I HAVE TO HAVE in a diaper. By comparison, from the beginning, Luvs hourglass diapers NEVER had the diamond embossing. The plastic was ALWAYS buttery smooth from the very beginning (something that does nothing for my diaper fetish at all).

So if an adult diaper company were to at least make hourglass diapers with diamond-embossed plastic (like Pampers, Kimbies, or 1978 Huggies) then I would buy them in a heartbeat!! I don't really need the fanfold design... I just need that damned diamond embossing!!!

Huggies toddler4.jpgHuggies toddler5.jpgHuggies toddler6.jpgHuggies toddler7.jpgHuggies toddler16.jpgKimbiesgreen15.jpgKimbiesgreen16.jpg

• Love
Reactions: mbta12, Jorelaxed, Ranma and 6 others
70sPampers said:
Actually, as far as hourglass diapers go, those first line 1978 Huggies (and the early Kimbies that they themselves were modeled after) are the ONLY two non-fanfold diapers that ever caught my interest, and that is because both the 1978 Huggies (as well as the Kimbies) featured the diamond-embossed plastic like 70s Pampers--the feature I HAVE TO HAVE in a diaper. By comparison, from the beginning, Luvs hourglass diapers NEVER had the diamond embossing. The plastic was ALWAYS buttery smooth from the very beginning (something that does nothing for my diaper fetish at all).

So if an adult diaper company were to at least make hourglass diapers with diamond-embossed plastic (like Pampers, Kimbies, or 1978 Huggies) then I would buy them in a heartbeat!! I don't really need the fanfold design... I just need that damned diamond embossing!!!

View attachment 75381View attachment 75382View attachment 75383View attachment 75384View attachment 75385View attachment 75386View attachment 75387
How about a petition to major ABDL diaper makers to include the «rubberized» plastics in their sposies?

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and theancientmariner
ADULT SIZE KIMBIES$(KGrHqF,!o0FEF9dHN0ZBRJVLzytSg~~60_57.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, toddlerPampers, Ranma and 5 others
Back