Those born pre-internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleAndAlone said:
Social media like: "hey look at this wierd bug I found (with my house and Lamborghini in focus in the background)".

"Hey this picture I'm about to post on the internet of my dog would look so much cooler with my BMW keys and iPhone cropped in the corner."
That's called "influencing". Influencers suck. Get your #Influenca shot here!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sealander, Edgewater and LittleAndAlone
Edgewater said:
Looking deep into the darkness, it did not surprise me when this thread rapidly changed into new age politics and anti-religion!

The sad reality is that the direction is already set! Locked in, if you will! As the old past on and the World continue on leaving this trial of democracy in the ruble of the past! Communism will rule and mankind will transition quickly into some version of Cyberdyne Systems Skynet Corporation, but there will be no unconnected cop that saves humans from the future.

Such a world will not need humans and it will only be a short time before the New World will be Cyber Based Only.

To those who have never seen Communism up-close, you really need to take a close look, a very close look at what is not allowed or tolerated!!

Enjoy
Cannot agree with diatribe from the anti-democratic lunatic right. Vote Trump in 24 and see Putin/Xi piss all over the USA in 2025.

US corrupt capitalism has destroyed the west and our freedom with it.

Government could control AI for the benefit of the people, instead they rim the likes of Elon Musk to concentration all the wealth in a few hands, completely missing why Capitalism has benefitted so many (spread wealth - more people spend, keeping money moving round the system).

Reactions: BBBen
To a few members here i could be there son or even more. And iam thankful of all, that older ones did for us younger ones. But yeah iam also in mid of my life and had to get used to be part of the older ones. And sometimes we a part of everything whats going on in the world. In german we would call it "Weltschmerz". With getting older we realise, some of our dreams were only illusions. Some hope has gone. We see wars come and go. We loose friends and family not only if the die. And we realise, that things we thought that we done good arent that good either. Ideas get older and there are some ideas and dreams from younger ones better than our owns. And we know, they have their life before them and we are going to loose more and more.
Our changes to help shape the world gets lesser and lesser. And for that we seek the times, that evrything was ok and when we were young.

Its good to have the best remembering of old times also there wasnt evrything better. And force, war and violence were in the world, aswell. But at this time our life was before us.
So i think most challenging in our lifes is to get older and see evry age as a present were you always can experience good without all bad and darkness we have. Its not the world which changes, but we then we got older. The good thing is, we always would have something that remains young and little. Dont know how i would be, the i reach my 50s, 60s or older. But i hope that i always could experience peace in my soul and not fear.

Last edited:
Reactions: VanHelsing and BobbiSueEllen
Seems we're going from one illusion (or "buzz"?) to the next, most of the time... 🫢:unsure:

• Haha
VanHelsing said:
Government could control

VanHelsing said:
for the benefit of the people,

Government and the desire of people to control and force others with state violence is the source of every problem in the first place. If you think they work for or care about the benefit of the people, I have a bridge to sell you.

Instead I look to AI and swarms as a tool of force parity restoration. A force multiplier that will restore the balance of power and allow free individuals to stand up to and match the unchallenged might of the police state head on. No matter who is "in charge" or how big they are.

I don't care if 99.99% of people vote for something that still doesn't give them any power to deprive an unwilling participant of bodily autonomy and consent and threaten them with violence for non compliance.

Last edited:
BobbiSueEllen said:
That's called "influencing". Influencers suck. Get your #Influenca shot here!
"Youtuber" and "influencer" are such vile disgusting words and concepts. Can't believe so many screen zombies out there enable and encourage it even to their own ridicule and detriment. Viewers are like dogs who get their face repeatedly rubbed in poop but remain loyal and keep going back for more.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diaperman95, Edgewater, BBBen and 1 other person
If you haven't seen this you should.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
Hoksiyopa said:
If you haven't seen this you should.

Perfect! I can see an addiction group-counseling session now...

Counselor: "Okay, what addictions brought us here?"
Various: "Blow", "Food", "Meth", "'Diapers", "'Diapers'??? Hmmph, alcohol here", "Sex", "Heroin"..."Social media"...

But the food person wonders what I ate that's ending up in my diaper, the sex person just patted my padded butt with a 'knowing look' (causing me to take two good sidesteps), the alcohol person invited me out for a drink, the social media person is taking 'clandestine' pics of me & my diaper...and my baby powder vanished... 🫢:unsure:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BBBen, Hoksiyopa, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
Back before the Internet, there was drawing pictures on paper.
Coloring pictures in coloring books.
Lots of pretend toy gun play in the backyard or in the woods, either patriotic americans versus evil nazis/communists or cowboys and indians.
Playing in the dirt with steel construction vehicles and trucks.
Etc.
Lots of imagination...

Reactions: BBBen and LittleAndAlone
LittleAndAlone said:
"Youtuber" and "influencer" are such vile disgusting words and concepts.
People call themselves an "influencer" when they have no other credential to name. That always makes me gag.

LittleAndAlone said:
This isn't by accident and it's not about racism or climate or anything else, those are all just means to an end. The architects they couldn't care less. It's all means to create chaos and division, destroy personal wealth and private property, and create dependency on government. Equality = making everybody poor and standing in line begging government for bread. Power and control. This is the "Change" people have been talking about and promoting for years. Soviet Union 2.0.
It's actually wild capitalism the system which brings us to division and chaos. What thinkest thou is the objective of a company? I'll tell thee which: making profit.

Thou only needest to look what happens when a public company gets privatized: workers keep losing rights, they get fired massively and prices skyrocket.

Get this message clear in your minds: the government is chosen by the people, so if you keep begging to it for bread, maybe you're responsible and part of those who won't contribute to make a change (democrats and republicans aren't the only existing parties, you know, just as an example).

And a new Soviet Union, as long as it doesn't have Gorbachev, nor Stalin involved, but rather someone in the line of Lenin, would be glorious.

I know political debate is forbidden here, but sorry, I can't stay silent with this kind of statements.

Last edited:
That's okay, David Lee Roth still loves you. 🤭🥳

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dogboy
Let's just be clear here. Governments have no clue how to deal with A.I. let alone how to control it. Governments can't even implement decent I.T systems. It's all in the hands of big tech.
I know you guys in the States distrust government but given the fact that the govt is so small and your country so big that's no surprise. If you allow the free market to run things it's bound to go pear shaped and social media helps to spread the word that it's the govt who is to blame.
Do you know why the mafia started in Sicily? Absence of government, sitting in Rome hundreds of km's away doing very little for the people.

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95, Subtlerustle and Hemix
Sometimes you need big government. You have to pay, but in a well functioning democracy you get a good social safety net and education in return. Nowhere is perfect but in Scandinavia they are better organised than here in Europe and Britain .

Reactions: BBBen and Deleted member 39193
Gorbachev knew that the Soviet union couldn't go on as it had in the past and was brave enough to do something about it by not intervening when the wall came down in Berlin.
Lenin was a nasty piece of work and was absent when the Revolution began. Contrary to popular belief it was not started by the Bolsheviks but by women demanding bread for their families. Glad no one has mentioned Stalin.

Tenawearer said:
Sometimes you need big government. You have to pay, but in a well functioning democracy you get a good social safety net and education in return. Nowhere is perfect but in Scandinavia they are better organised than here in Europe and Britain .
Culture has a lot to do with it too. Those nations are used to a certain level of taxation and social services.
Culture in general is so underestimated in social outcomes. Take for example the tragic accident at Haneda airport a few weeks ago. That A350 jet was burnt to a crisp. No fatalities on that aircraft. The Japanese culture of order a compliance meant people left their carryon luggage and expeditiously evacuated. In North America you’d have people taking selfies and insisting on retrieving their steamer trunk size carryons first.

• Haha
Reactions: LittleAndAlone
Cynical but true! I will take you at your word.

Subtlerustle said:
Culture has a lot to do with it too. Those nations are used to a certain level of taxation and social services.
Culture in general is so underestimated in social outcomes. Take for example the tragic accident at Haneda airport a few weeks ago. That A350 jet was burnt to a crisp. No fatalities on that aircraft. The Japanese culture of order a compliance meant people left their carryon luggage and expeditiously evacuated. In North America you’d have people taking selfies and insisting on retrieving their steamer trunk size carryons first.
That's why when flying I make sure anything important is attached to my body and more of a hastle to remove than just leave it be. I can't imagine being away from home and being forced to leave behind my car/house keys, ID, etc.

I plan around the aftermath and essentials after I survive. It only doesn't matter if I dont survive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Subtlerustle and BobbiSueEllen
Tenawearer said:
If there is something I want to own and enjoy while bothering nobody and a government says I can't have it or they will end my life, nothing else they have to offer matters to me and they are my enemy.

AI applied to defensive autonomous swarm systems to me is a great tool that will allow a single individual victim the power to instantly nullify a multi agency SWAT raid. We could all use a personal pocket nuclear deterrence until people learn to live and let live and leave others alone.

Last edited:
BobbiSueEllen said:
The internet can be a terrific tool. It's just too bad it's largely promoted as a toy.
Internet and smartphones are designed to give dopamine hit after dopamine hit. I used to be someone who read for pleasure, and I still would like to think of myself that way and get back to it, but I spend a lot of time scrolling on Reddit. I deleted my Facebook and various Twitter accounts over the years because they were useless time sinks, yet when I get rid of them I just substitute them for something else. There's no question I could better use my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back