Diaperman95 said:
sculpted the way they want.
"Fakebook: Be all you wish you were." 🤭🥰

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Edgewater, LittleAndAlone, BBBen and 2 others
sissygirlpink said:
Hello,

Given that this is off topic, I’m quite happy to put my two penneth in.

I believe society as a whole has been eroded since the ‘50’s with the baby boomers, the swinging sixties, liberal parents, erosion of the police powers and teachers to chastise with removal of corporal punishment.

We’ve handed over control to the minority and our children who through the internet very quickly learn how to blackmail us to get what they want.

I am glad that we have the internet but in my view, as is yours, it comes with a massive price along with all the other liberal changes that have been made over the last 60 or 70 years.

Jenny x ❤️
That as the best answer yet. You are in no way wrong on that. It is only getting worse. We have not been a majority rules democracy in years. The lobbyest buy off our elected official's & the media is constantly driving a wedge down the middle of the country. Covid, BLM, right vs left, gender choice vs reality... you name it. It is only going to get worse and the internet gives them the tools to do this!!!!!

Reactions: Pelusos and Edgewater
I remember the pre-inet days very well. Growing up and learning hobbies like electronics was done by books and "elders/elmers" (if you had access to them). I always wanted to build a crystal radio in my earliest days but all the literature said you needed a "cat whisker" to go with the crystal. So I tried to figure out a way to get one, from a cat. But my grandmother's cat would hiss and scratch at me if I got close. It was only as an adult that I happened to learn (perhaps from the internet), that the cat whisker was just a wire, that poked into the crystal. Who knew?

My grandfather thankfully got me some good books as he was a book club member. That was my biggest help growing up, that and several subscribed magazines when I got older. More recently, I finally had to toss my set of world book encyclopedias that served us so well in our public school days.

For hobbies, the Internet has been the greatest thing yet. Who's got time to fritter away on social media?

• Haha
Reactions: dous, Edgewater, Freddie07601 and 1 other person
I have mixed feelings. A lot of good has come from advancing technology, especially medical. Having grown up in the '50s and '60s, medical procedures were a lot more painful and not as successful. Now, doctors can share information via the internet. X-rays get send via the internet so that different doctors in different hospitals can see the same set of x-rays and help make diagnosis.

I retired from teaching at a junior high school ten years ago, so not that long and the kids were very similar to the kids when I was in school. That said, I don't envy kids today because of social media. When I was a kid, if someone wanted to bully you, they had to do it in person and that risked getting your faced punched. As a kid, I was in countless fights. But today, a kid comes home from school, goes to the social media sight his classmates are all one, and reads something horrible said about him/her along with the likes and other comments. I'm not sure how I would have lived with that other than finding the poster and posting my fist into his face.

I don't see many if any kids playing outside. As a kid, we had so much fun playing games outdoors. That can be very bonding with your friends and I think today's kids are missing out on that. That said, some kids are involved in sports, after school activities and private group activities. My one grandson is into rock climbing and does that with a friend, so there are some outlets for bonding.

Reactions: Diaperman95, Edgewater, Freddie07601 and 1 other person
Wow I had no Idea my late night early morning rambling would draw such a crowed. Lots of good answer. I know it is not all bad and I am as guilty as anyone using it. I had my first mobile phone in 1994. It cost $45 a month and I got a whole whopping 50 min a month or peak time use and 150 a month of off peak use. 45 cents a min after that peak time and 24 cents off peak. So it was more of an emergency device for emergency use. iI was also a small duffle bag as heavy as a brick and you could talk a entire 30 minute without plugging it in. I will say as a now disabled person that cant get out and go as much as I like it has been nice to have all the members here to talk too.

Reactions: Edgewater, Freddie07601 and BobbiSueEllen
slimjiminy said:
I remember the pre-inet days very well. Growing up and learning hobbies like electronics was done by books and "elders/elmers" (if you had access to them). I always wanted to build a crystal radio in my earliest days but all the literature said you needed a "cat whisker" to go with the crystal. So I tried to figure out a way to get one, from a cat. But my grandmother's cat would hiss and scratch at me if I got close. It was only as an adult that I happened to learn (perhaps from the internet), that the cat whisker was just a wire, that poked into the crystal. Who knew?

My grandfather thankfully got me some good books as he was a book club member. That was my biggest help growing up, that and several subscribed magazines when I got older. More recently, I finally had to toss my set of world book encyclopedias that served us so well in our public school days.

For hobbies, the Internet has been the greatest thing yet. Who's got time to fritter away on social media?
My dad got me a electronic kit from radio shack once. It was one of my best gifts ever. Came with a book how to build a radio a alarm and so much more..

Reactions: dogboy, Edgewater, Freddie07601 and 2 others
dogboy said:
I have mixed feelings. A lot of good has come from advancing technology, especially medical. Having grown up in the '50s and '60s, medical procedures were a lot more painful and not as successful. Now, doctors can share information via the internet. X-rays get send via the internet so that different doctors in different hospitals can see the same set of x-rays and help make diagnosis.

I retired from teaching at a junior high school ten years ago, so not that long and the kids were very similar to the kids when I was in school. That said, I don't envy kids today because of social media. When I was a kid, if someone wanted to bully you, they had to do it in person and that risked getting your faced punched. As a kid, I was in countless fights. But today, a kid comes home from school, goes to the social media sight his classmates are all one, and reads something horrible said about him/her along with the likes and other comments. I'm not sure how I would have lived with that other than finding the poster and posting my fist into his face.

I don't see many if any kids playing outside. As a kid, we had so much fun playing games outdoors. That can be very bonding with your friends and I think today's kids are missing out on that. That said, some kids are involved in sports, after school activities and private group activities. My one grandson is into rock climbing and does that with a friend, so there are some outlets for bonding.
well said. My happiest times was playing outside. Especially living in the country. I had a 5 gal bucket of hot wheels and we had a little dirt pile that we built hotwheel cities in and played for hours. If you told a kid to go do that now they would tell ask you why you opened the package on all those cars. They damn sure would not get their hands dirty. I will say this too kids was healthier back then too because we played in the dirt. These parents that spray hand sanitizer on their kids hands every 5 min are always the ones with the sick kids.

As for medical tech I have to agree. If not for medical tech I would most likely be dead. My gastroparesis was so bad I almost took my life. I never did because of my wife and kid but man had I lived alone I would of 100% of killed myself. Then Looking on the net I found out about gastric pacemakers and I found a doctor 5 hours from my house that helped me to to get it put in and saved my life. Sure I still feel like shit many days but I do not feel so bad I do not want to live. I also have a brand new year old titanium hip and a Iv port in my body as well as plates and screws holding my ankle together. My hip surgery was done with the use of a robot.

Reactions: dogboy, Edgewater, Freddie07601 and 1 other person
The tech is fine. The people who use it to create and worship "celebrities" and engage in providing and consuming flex/brag culture need to go. Too many kids sit on their butt idolizing idiots and think rapper, NFL, or "youtuber" (omg I hate that term) are the only valid career choices now. Setting up poor life expectations and low self worth by constantly comparing themselves to endless social media braggarts. It's disgusting.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater, Diaperman95, Freddie07601 and 2 others
Well, back in my day, we had trouble too. I mean right here in River City! I mean we had trouble. Not internet, but pool! Yes, pool! Oh the evils of such! Such degrading of morals and work ethic! But don’t take it from me, see the clip below.

• Love
Reactions: KendallP, Edgewater, Diaperman95 and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
Whst scares me about AI is how digital photography is increasingly losing its credibility and validity as objective evidence. Anything can be faked now, and look actual, so long as it's on digital media. Ya can't do AI on Kodachrome so it just might make a comeback. :unsure:
Vinyl records have made a comeback and so have cassette tapes. I doubt we'll see 8 track tape players become popular again, though.

One of the nicest things about being 77 is the perspective it offers. I have enjoyed everything from radio drama to the whole family gathered in a darkened room watching a 10inch black and white screen to color, then flat screen tv, and now streaming.

I was thrilled the first time I tried out an electric typewriter, a personal computer. a cell phone, and a palm pilot . I remember wondering why anyone would want to access the internet on a phone!

I remember AOL, GEnie, CompuServ, and the early Web browsers. During my first Worldwide Web session in 1994, I visited sites from four countries. I was REALLY overwhelmed!

I vaguely reerubber pants. I have so many memories of plastic pants, both pull on and snap side. I remember how jealous I was over Pampers, wishing they had been available when I was a kid. I remember how BADLY the first adult disposable diapers I wore worked, and how well quality disposable diapers work now.

I was grateful to learn what ASD is. Made me feel like much less of a freak. Also made me grateful for a family who did their best to understand me.

Yes, today's world does seem more dangerous than the world of the 1940's and 1950's when I was growing up. I know humankind has the ability, and needs only the will to change that fact.

Reactions: Diaperman95, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Freddie07601 said:
I know humankind has the ability, and needs only the will to change that fact.
Observing people full of themselves with inflated egos and finger waving and chicken necking at each other to assert dominance. Wasting every dime they don't have on gaudy nonsense to convince random strangers that they have more money than they do. These people out breed everyone else. Sex is the only thing they are good at.

From Saturn V and SR71 to eating tide pods and flexing TVs in car rims in 2 or 3 generations. Outlook for the future of humanity is poor.

Normal people don't understand us? I dont understand normal people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
The internet has been a massive net positive for humanity.

It is a new technology built upon new technologies: we are seeing clear benefits even whilst we are still learning how to use this technology.

As one of the last pre-digital natives I am sad to report that our luddite attitudes are doing far more damage than anything that can be ascribed to the technology or to younger generations.

This is going to continue to manifest in populism and the erosion of democracy in the west at least until such a time as the baby-boom generation loses its political preeminence, which may take a few decades more.

Fear fascism, not the free exchange of ideas. Both are vying to be the wave of the future and complacency is the enemy's greatest weapon.

• Thinking
Reactions: Subtlerustle and Edgewater
TeddyBearCowboy said:
Well, back in my day, we had trouble too. I mean right here in River City! I mean we had trouble. Not internet, but pool! Yes, pool! Oh the evils of such! Such degrading of morals and work ethic! But don’t take it from me, see the clip below.

I never seen that but it always nice to see a clean movie that does not drop the F bomb every 30 sec or push some kind of evil agenda. I might have to go watch the movie. Pretty funny.

Do not for get the evils of Rock N Roll

Reactions: Edgewater
Diaperman95 said:
Having lived before cell phones and internet when kids was forced to have a imagination and interact with other kids and adults one on one in person.

I didn't have any of that until I was 15, the internet came first and the cellphone came 3 years later... so here I go!

Diaperman95 said:
Do you think we have sold our soles for this tech???? Not talking so much about religion but morels in General. Do you think the human race flushed its moral values down the shitter with this internet and social media we have today. Not trying too talk politics or religion but in general did it make people dumber and more numb to each other.

In my opinion, the Internet is an excellent tool to expose information and increase visibility, so it boosts both the great and terrible traits from people.

It's true there are many children and teenagers who get misinformed and terrible role models, but it's also true that there are wise and nice people around and that, without it, we wouldn't have seen some changes in mentality nowadays.

In my case, Spain would still be a Francoist wasteland with no political force to repair victims nor concern about things, and many wouldn't be able to even strike without getting sanctioned or sent to jail.

Diaperman95 said:
Parents almost count on the internet and videos game to not only baby set but to raise their child.

I think the internet can be an excellent tool to help us raise our kids, and some videogames encourage creativity (Minecraft) and even playing musical instruments and talking to others no matter where they come from (Sky: Children of the Light).

The thing is some parents just abandon their children to a screen without setting restrictions nor monitoring them, but that's more or less like when parents let their kids stare to a silly box (TV) or go elsewhere and roam freely, bad parenting.

Diaperman95 said:
Everyone is into their screens they are to busy to put them down an open a door for a elderly or just to check and see how someones day is going.

As a teenager, I got abandoned over and over, even when the internet wasn't a big thing yet, so I rather see it as a catalyst.

Diaperman95 said:
Nope they do not want to interact anymore than they can do on line..They become withdrawn from society and then find other like minded people. Where is the humanity going?

Many factors going on here. Youngsters and elders were born in different generations and their mindset, even their brain strengths, have differences, so I've always seen a distance between both groups and just a little part of youngsters actually appreciating their elders.

It doesn't help neither that some elders, instead of opening their minds and trying to understand the youngsters, just complain and render something as purely negative, instead of an opportunity to get closer to them and teaching valuable lessons.

The withdrawal is really concerning and some elements of society exploit that for money and to make sure they don't get involved with the environment, nor decisions for the future (that's what we call "politics").

Diaperman95 said:
Every day just a bit more dies out and we loose eldors that take wisdom and knowledge with them.

I am just a old man rambling on along But I think we need to do better to try and get some morals back and just work harder to give back and teach our youth. Stop brain washing the our youth. What I seen happen in the last ten years I think we have devolved as a human. New tech is nice but not if it cost us our values and ability to work together an stop tearing each other down. Anyway My Abien is hitting hard and I need to get to bed.

New technology is a tool, I think the thing is driving it to a healthy and supportive direction.

Diaperman95 said:
What do you guys think. As a person who as a live and went though the good old days with out some of this tech do you think the tech and internet will be the down fall. I mean AI is coming, like it or hate the very ideal like me but it is happening. Will the benefits out way the risk

Sorry if it is too deep the meds give me the drive to share my emotions! Right or wrong.:LOL:

I highlighted one of the sentences that repel not only most of the youngsters, but other people too.

Unless thou'rt very specific about where they took place and why, the good old days don't exist at all, it's a subjective sensation, and if we're talking about society, I'd personally hate to go back to an era of ignorance, normalized violence and bullying, stereotypes and blind exploitation.

• Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater
Hemix said:
Unless thou'rt very specific about where they took place and why, the good old days don't exist at all, it's a subjective sensation, and if we're talking about society, I'd personally hate to go back to an era of ignorance, normalized violence and bullying, stereotypes and blind exploitation.
I hate to tell you this but this is the Era you are talking about we live in now not then. Normalized Violence is going on In New York city San Francisco Chicago and all other the US. right now as we speak. WE let BLM burn cities to the ground Take over half of Seattle in the name of fighting racism???. They demand we Defund the Police and let people just do what ever they want to whom ever they want.

I do not know what /rock you climbed out from under but I would suggest you take a good look around. When I was a kid we slept with the windows and doors open. No body would do that today. 2017 I had a meth head strung out looking for shit to steal and get high or stay high ,kick in my front door on Christmas eve morning at 5 am. He is damn lucky because I had fell a sleep in my chair and the door getting kicked in woke me. As he comes in he was looking down the barrel of a 410 judge with some wicked self defence ammo. He is damn lucky because he cried like a little bitch and begged me not to end him. I really did not want the mess to clean up so he went to jail. The violence is the worst it has ever been in the US besides the civil war. I would love to go back to a time I felt safe and did not need to carry a gun everywhere I go. We never had school shootings in my day. Iin fack half the trucks in the student parking at school had guns in the back glass during hunting season.

These people are born to this age of violence and if they are not physically in it violence & brain washing is not but a click away from these kids view. All their games are full of it and most of thems parents do not have a clue it is going on or how to stop it until it is too late. The minority has banned together to over take the majority and they are passing laws to do so. All of our media outlets are owned by foreign investments and are just helping to split this country and not uninte them. I am not going to get into politics because I respect the rules even if I do not agree. But the social media plays a huge part into all of this.

Now I am not saying being able to throw away a dictionary and encyclopedia is not nice. And I love this this little group here and all the members. But lets be real we are all above the petty shit in other social media forums. I give everyone a pat on the back for that. I do not mean any disrespect to you and I wanted every ones opinion. I mean I cant really expect people that was born in or after the 90's to understand my point of view on it. To the point of the video games I do not think they are all bad either and I understand they are just a game. But first shooter games may be fun for the most of us but their are psychopaths young in the making and it desenticides their brains further. then you also have people that pray on that and brainwash them while they are playing and talking. I mean something is making these kids flip and go do mass shootings and it is not the gun. I mean it is a fact that mass shootings never really happened until the last 20 years and every year it just gets worse and worse. Our society is more out of control now than it ever has been in my life time. I am mean I am not talking about going back to days slavery or nothing.

But it is a fact as social media grew so did violence. These people that have these weird feelings in them to do evil acts they was canceled by the culture around them, but now all of a sudden they are connected and see they are not alone. The net is used to traffic children and women in ways never dreamed of before. Any how I feel like I am going down a rabbit hole so I will stop.

Thank you for replying I do want honest opinions. Like anything some people love it some people hate it and some of us are just tolerating.

SO YEAH If I could choose between living in the US today or 20 to 30 years ago I would be happy to give up many of the modern tech

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: Pelusos, Edgewater and Hemix
😢 had a tear in my eyes, as you said: The last dinosaur died in chester zoo @Tenawearer .

@Diaperman95 : thank you for this topic.

As the others said, there are pros and cons with computer and internet. I was born in a time in between. It was a crazy time, then i think of my youth and how fast computer and internet went in our lifes.
In my childhood me and friends build forts in the woods. And my siblings and i made special shows for our parents like building with lego some things and tell about it stories. Or we crafted our own music instrument and made a concert... it was a wonderful time. But with the first computers in our household our playtime goes more and more to electronic.
one good think about internet in this time, then i was a joung adult/late teenager - i did know, iam not alone with my love for diapers.

Curios in that time was the extra to conversation. SMS, ICQ, studiVZ, EMails. More and more phone calls lost there importance. But withvthat, more stress got into lifes.

Today iam happy to have internet. I can have conversations with people i would nevere have met in my life. I can book trips, can do shopping, can do transactions, can do tv without satelite and have endless source of information. But yeah that can be overwhelming especially if you have to proove evrything. And its important to balance internet qnd reality time. But whats reality?

One problem i have seen quite a few days before: parents release their childrens and also little babies the mobile phone with internet. Not all parents are like that. But yeah there a quite a few, that give their childrens and babies to breakfast a tablet or mobile phone to get them quiet. And it seems like the parents are not interested in what they are looking qround in internet. The peak was a baby with a mobile phone in hand. Its eyes were only looking at monitor while the parents put eat in its mouth. Sorr, but i couldnt understand that. And if the baby gets older, öarents would moan, that their child dont communicate with them. But as i said, there were many parents, which benon mind with their childrend without any technic.

I think with internet it is like all - keep in balance and thqn it could be very usefull.

Reactions: Pelusos and Edgewater
BBBen said:
😢 had a tear in my eyes, as you said: The last dinosaur died in chester zoo @Tenawearer .

@Diaperman95 : thank you for this topic.

As the others said, there are pros and cons with computer and internet. I was born in a time in between. It was a crazy time, then i think of my youth and how fast computer and internet went in our lifes.
In my childhood me and friends build forts in the woods. And my siblings and i made special shows for our parents like building with lego some things and tell about it stories. Or we crafted our own music instrument and made a concert... it was a wonderful time. But with the first computers in our household our playtime goes more and more to electronic.
one good think about internet in this time, then i was a joung adult/late teenager - i did know, iam not alone with my love for diapers.

Curios in that time was the extra to conversation. SMS, ICQ, studiVZ, EMails. More and more phone calls lost there importance. But withvthat, more stress got into lifes.

Today iam happy to have internet. I can have conversations with people i would nevere have met in my life. I can book trips, can do shopping, can do transactions, can do tv without satelite and have endless source of information. But yeah that can be overwhelming especially if you have to proove evrything. And its important to balance internet qnd reality time. But whats reality?

One problem i have seen quite a few days before: parents release their childrens and also little babies the mobile phone with internet. Not all parents are like that. But yeah there a quite a few, that give their childrens and babies to breakfast a tablet or mobile phone to get them quiet. And it seems like the parents are not interested in what they are looking qround in internet. The peak was a baby with a mobile phone in hand. Its eyes were only looking at monitor while the parents put eat in its mouth. Sorr, but i couldnt understand that. And if the baby gets older, öarents would moan, that their child dont communicate with them. But as i said, there were many parents, which benon mind with their childrend without any technic.

I think with internet it is like all - keep in balance and thqn it could be very usefull.
Thank you

I for sure agree with you that parents use it to shut kids up instead of raising them. SOme of my best times growing up was my dads woodshop. He loved to make wooden toys,baby cradles, tops, yoyos, cars trucks, wooden whistles and he had like a 9 piece train set he made out of wood. He use to do craft shows when we was little and hen in 7th grade he opened a craft store they sold his things up until high school. He also did caprintry work and cabinets. But I grew up in that shop he mad me engage in what he was doing and taught me what he knew from a young age. Parents now are lets give them a tablet we will point a camera at them so I can see them every now and again and then go off and do their work. I learned so much just shadowing my dad when he was home. When we was rel young he had a job we worked nights on and I did not get to spend as much time with him but he always took the time. My mom too she would put me to work in the kitchen I would help cook super all the time until one day I would give her a brake and cook for the family on my own. How are these children going to learn to take care of themselves or survive if they do not want to put the screen down and the parents do not want to take the time to teach them.

at 8 years old I was repairing small engines for money and cutting grass for about 5 different people. I used the money to buy my own wood working tools and things I liked. I cant tell you how many thousand hours I have on a scroll saw cutting out nick nacks. We had a band we made too. I made a bass out of a old wash tub a board and some of my ads old guitar strings. I can not wait until I can do the same with my grandchild. My daughter did not care to learn all that but she is a very Amazing artist and I always encouraged that. Plus I taught her how to cook. She had video games and stuff to but her world did not revolve around it

Like you I do enjoy online shopping and 2 day delivery on most anything and you can find anything you want. You do not have to settle for a cheap socket set at Walmart, you can find hay better tools online. I am not against against it but I think we need to be better who we let use it and for what. 6,9,10 year old kids they do not need to be online unless it is school work. Of course I am against them doing home schooling online too. The kids need to go to school together and learn how to socalize respectfully with others.

Reactions: Edgewater and BBBen
The internet can be a terrific tool. It's just too bad it's largely promoted as a toy. If you want all the good stuff it's capable of, put on your bio-suit, hip-waders, your nose-plugs and be prepared to dig. You'll find it...but not without effort. There's a lot of "man behind the curtain" out there, to borrow a phrase from The Wizard of Oz.

To mirror some of the posts here: I was born in 1966, before the first moonshot, after the first Mercury flights. I was toddling around in Pampers on Earth while Neil Armstrong was waddling around in Pampers on the moon. A lot has gone on since: in 1979, who'd've known it was 16 years before we'd have phones without cords, basic electronic computers, cars with front-wheel drive & 4 cylinders, cable TV, microwaves, all of that, let alone what we have now? Or that the so-called "Evil Empire" of the USSR would crumble and we'd be left looking at ourselves? Just that much has been astonishing.

But here we are. In all of that, where can we set the needle between Practical and Vanity? How much more had it moved every year, every five years? Where are we headed? The same rally cry is blared out just like it was before WW2, before WW1, before the Civil War, before Manifest Destiny, before the American Revolutionary War: "Grab your share of the Brave New World!" It's just a tragedy that when it's all over, when the blood's been shed--including our own--we finally see the strings attached, leading from the hands of the few elite ones to the arms & hands of the rest of us. They never told us "many will enter, few will win" and that "the house always wins"...and we jumped in to the pretty rhetoric, both feet and no mind.

We've gained a lot, sure...how much more have we lost?

• Thinking
Reactions: Diaperman95, Pelusos, Sealander and 3 others
Diaperman95 said:
I hate to tell you this but this is the Era you are talking about we live in now not then. Normalized Violence is going on In New York city San Francisco Chicago and all other the US. right now as we speak. WE let BLM burn cities to the ground Take over half of Seattle in the name of fighting racism???. They demand we Defund the Police and let people just do what ever they want to whom ever they want.

I do not know what /rock you climbed out from under but I would suggest you take a good look around. When I was a kid we slept with the windows and doors open. No body would do that today. 2017 I had a meth head strung out looking for shit to steal and get high or stay high ,kick in my front door on Christmas eve morning at 5 am. He is damn lucky because I had fell a sleep in my chair and the door getting kicked in woke me. As he comes in he was looking down the barrel of a 410 judge with some wicked self defence ammo. He is damn lucky because he cried like a little bitch and begged me not to end him. I really did not want the mess to clean up so he went to jail. The violence is the worst it has ever been in the US besides the civil war. I would love to go back to a time I felt safe and did not need to carry a gun everywhere I go. We never had school shootings in my day. Iin fack half the trucks in the student parking at school had guns in the back glass during hunting season.

These people are born to this age of violence and if they are not physically in it violence & brain washing is not but a click away from these kids view. All their games are full of it and most of thems parents do not have a clue it is going on or how to stop it until it is too late. The minority has banned together to over take the majority and they are passing laws to do so. All of our media outlets are owned by foreign investments and are just helping to split this country and not uninte them. I am not going to get into politics because I respect the rules even if I do not agree. But the social media plays a huge part into all of this.

Now I am not saying being able to throw away a dictionary and encyclopedia is not nice. And I love this this little group here and all the members. But lets be real we are all above the petty shit in other social media forums. I give everyone a pat on the back for that. I do not mean any disrespect to you and I wanted every ones opinion. I mean I cant really expect people that was born in or after the 90's to understand my point of view on it. To the point of the video games I do not think they are all bad either and I understand they are just a game. But first shooter games may be fun for the most of us but their are psychopaths young in the making and it desenticides their brains further. then you also have people that pray on that and brainwash them while they are playing and talking. I mean something is making these kids flip and go do mass shootings and it is not the gun. I mean it is a fact that mass shootings never really happened until the last 20 years and every year it just gets worse and worse. Our society is more out of control now than it ever has been in my life time. I am mean I am not talking about going back to days slavery or nothing.

But it is a fact as social media grew so did violence. These people that have these weird feelings in them to do evil acts they was canceled by the culture around them, but now all of a sudden they are connected and see they are not alone. The net is used to traffic children and women in ways never dreamed of before. Any how I feel like I am going down a rabbit hole so I will stop.

Thank you for replying I do want honest opinions. Like anything some people love it some people hate it and some of us are just tolerating.

SO YEAH If I could choose between living in the US today or 20 to 30 years ago I would be happy to give up many of the modern tech
This isn't by accident and it's not about racism or climate or anything else, those are all just means to an end. The architects they couldn't care less. It's all means to create chaos and division, destroy personal wealth and private property, and create dependency on government. Equality = making everybody poor and standing in line begging government for bread. Power and control. This is the "Change" people have been talking about and promoting for years. Soviet Union 2.0.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diaperman95, Pelusos, Edgewater and 1 other person
Social media like: "hey look at this wierd bug I found (with my house and Lamborghini in focus in the background)".

"Hey this picture I'm about to post on the internet of my dog would look so much cooler with my BMW keys and iPhone cropped in the corner."

"Hey today I'm going to teach you how to do x it's so easy (as I casually stand in front of my million dollar collection of tools)"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Diaperman95, ShyBoo81, Pelusos and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back