Things I hate about being incontinent

sport1 said:
I might add when my wife and I go on vacation must pack enough diapers for the trip.My wife says its like traveling with a small child. Hā
When traveling with a small child, you can purchase quality diapers pretty much anywhere. As an adult, to have to take them with you. It would be nice if good adult diapers were widely available in stores.

Reactions: AshtonFreecss, Diprs2, sport1 and 4 others
smnapp said:
When traveling with a small child, you can purchase quality diapers pretty much anywhere. As an adult, to have to take them with you. It would be nice if good adult diapers were widely available in stores.
Absolutely but at this time good quality isn't available everywhere. It's a big deal. Diapers take up so much room for travel

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, NannaAnnabelle and 1 other person
SparkyDog said:
Absolutely but at this time good quality isn't available everywhere. It's a big deal. Diapers take up so much room for travel
The last trip I took I scouted out the closest medical supply places to my destination I could just in case I went beyond my brought supply. Fortunately I didn't need to resupply that time but it is annoying that I have to add that step into trip planning.

So yeah add the above to the list.

Reactions: Diprs2, smnapp, Edgewater and 1 other person
sport1 said:
I might add when my wife and I go on vacation must pack enough diapers for the trip.My wife says its like traveling with a small child. Hā
You brought up a very valid point I totally forgot about - traveling! We have a Ram pickup with a truck bed camper and a limited stowing space (compared to a RV), so it's a little challenging (but doable) to find the space for a few weeks diaper supply... Fortunately we have a quad cab Ram, so all the backspace behind the front seats is stowing space! (but for sure not only for diapers :) )

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, SparkyDog, sport1 and 2 others
enthusi said:
I resonate with so many of the things people posted.

For me personally, the combo of ADHD and incontinence makes diaper leaks, and accidents between changes so common that they’re basically expected.

If I had a nickel for every time I got side tracked when I meant to change, leading to a leak, or for every time I replied to an email or text between changes, leading to a puddle…
Omg, this is my freaking life!

Reactions: Diprs2, sport1, Edgewater and 1 other person
Having clean diaper covers on hand !
Making sure my diapers inventory is up to stuff !
Trying to finger out what brand of diaper to wear ! 🥰
Leaking around the diaper & diaper cover leg holes !
Trying to find a decent place to change when needed ! :cautious:
Making sure packing plenty of diapers on a weekend get away trips !

Reactions: Diprs2, smnapp, Bombyx and 2 others
Liddlefoot said:
Omg, this is my freaking life!
That is like me if my wife wasn't on top of things it would be a mess.

Reactions: Diprs2, Liddlefoot and Edgewater
Uncertainty.

Uncertain that you smell, that you cannot tell if you smell, that someone's dog can smell .
Uncertain that you show, laughter behind you, walking up crowded stairs.
Uncertain of quiet spaces, bathrooms with multiple stalls.
Uncertain that you are certain.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, DreamerBenenedicte, Diprs2 and 2 others
daylight said:
Uncertainty.

Uncertain that you smell, that you cannot tell if you smell, that someone's dog can smell .
Yea very valid points those are big issues we face all the time we do become nose blind to our own smell
which is why i hyper focus on hygiene

Reactions: AshtonFreecss, Jonnythepony, Diprs2 and 1 other person
SparkyDog said:
Yea very valid points those are big issues we face all the time we do become nose blind to our own smell
which is why i hyper focus on hygiene
It's also why I pay particular attention to my wife's comments, when she does make them.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and SparkyDog
daylight said:
Uncertainty.

Omg this spoke to my soul.

For me it’s uncertainty if my diaper is poking out, and if so, can people tell it’s a diaper? And if so do they care? Should I care?

I have onesies for the times I need to be extra cautious. But I’ve never been a huge fan of them. I personally don’t think underwear or boxers over a diaper hides them any better, especially if the waistband isn’t the same color as my diaper.

Instead I just live with the uncertainty. So far it’s worked out okay.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
@enthusi boxer briefs absolutely help hide things and keep things more discreet. Not just regular boxers has to be boxer briefs style.
also after putting your diaper on fold down the top inch of your diaper this will help keep things from poking out. Also wearing tall shirts hide your waist line

• Love
enthusi said:
I resonate with so many of the things people posted.

For me personally, the combo of ADHD and incontinence makes diaper leaks, and accidents between changes so common that they’re basically expected.

If I had a nickel for every time I got side tracked when I meant to change, leading to a leak, or for every time I replied to an email or text between changes, leading to a puddle…
oh my gosh that's the same thing I do and like a puddle right next to your chair

Reactions: sport1, Diprs2 and Edgewater
NannaAnnabelle said:
Yep. It's not bad now but give it another month when the weather warms up then the magic aroma starts. Ick!

Dealing with diapers is almost tolerable in cooler weather but during the summer it's nothing but suck
so I live on my sailboat and I'm Mooring ball out so when I bring the trash to the marina.to do that I loaded onto my Boston Whaler then I drive a 15 minute to 3 Mile Drive on the water then load all that heavy shit hopefully the bag doesn't break into a cart loaded into the dumpster hopefully it dumpsters empty and not overfilling .

Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, Diprs2 and Edgewater
littleK1626 said:
so I live on my sailboat and I'm Mooring ball out so when I bring the trash to the marina.to do that I loaded onto my Boston Whaler then I drive a 15 minute to 3 Mile Drive on the water then load all that heavy shit hopefully the bag doesn't break into a cart loaded into the dumpster hopefully it dumpsters empty and not overfilling .
it's already over 30° Celsius with 70 to 80% humidity down here eddit for my Imperial users 86 Fahrenheit even though I was born and raised in the US and still live in the United States I prefer the metric system and my phones all in it my weather is in it

Last edited:
littleK1626 said:
it's already over 30° Celsius with 70 to 80% humidity down here eddit for my Imperial users 86 Fahrenheit even though I was born and raised in the US and still live in the United States I prefer the metric system and my phones all in it my weather is in it
that's instant sweating in diaper weather
ugh 😰
One downside of summer weather

Reactions: Jonnythepony, Diprs2 and Edgewater
SparkyDog said:
that's instant sweating in diaper weather
ugh 😰
One downside of summer weather
I'm actually very used to the heat down here I consider anything below 25° C cold

littleK1626 said:
I'm actually very used to the heat down here I consider anything below 25° C cold
that's a nice warm day
Everything under -18C is cold for me

• Love
I got pretty thin blood

Calico said:
Dribbling, I have done it between diaper changes and I gave also left a trial of dribbles on the way or back from the shower. I manage it with keeping a used diaper under me while I clean up.
I usually put my diaper on when I'm still in the shower after I turn the water off so don't dribble

Back