Things I hate about being incontinent

SparkyDog

Full Time U-IC DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
1. Leaving the shower and having a pee trail follow you to your room.

2. Changing and more pee comes out getting on things you don't want pee on.

3. Constantly having to think about it, where can I change. Will I leak or will it hold a little more.

4. Skin irritations.

5. Getting in a dry diaper and its wet all of 30 seconds later. Common really? I just changed.

What's on your list?

Reactions: Bombyx, sport1, NewLeaf and 7 others
I try to focus on positive. But...The biggest thing I don't like is having a very big load when I awake. Taking off that messy diaper. Everyday. Another is having a leak. Sucks. And I hate it when my partner teases me in the morning. Feeling my bottom. Why? Actually I don't hate it. I admit I like her attention. But still? Why? I haven't let her change me. At least not messy ones. Other than that, it's really not that bad. I'm used to it. If only.

Reactions: rennecfox, Babynie, RestrainU4Me and 7 others
- Having to assure that all the storage places (carry-on, computer bag, car bag, etc. are rotated and ready.

- Changing what is in the bags based on time of year.=, i.e. freezing /over-heating and date codes.

- Change in plans regarding being out and about, especially when already out and about and calculating whether the lighter combination will support the change.

Plus your stuff.

It is not an overwhelming thing, but it just more that needs to be done to stay-out in front. With great luck, my dear wife helps and makes the process simpler.

Reactions: scaifester, Jonnythepony, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Peeing on my carpet or myself when I'm changing, and the chaffing i get sometimes.

Reactions: AshtonFreecss, EcoIncon, Edgewater and 2 others
Soggy247 said:
Peeing on my carpet or myself when I'm changing, and the chaffing i get sometimes.
Oh the carpet is the worst
I'm slowly removing all my carpet 1 room at a time

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
  • Taking used diaper(s) to the garbage shute every morning ("walk of shame")
  • Deciding if I can wear a guard or need a diaper for today (decisions first thing in the morning)
  • Keeping my closet stash and plastic pants hidden away from visitor's eyes
  • Washing plastic pants and hoping nobody visits when they are still drying in the shower
  • Fecal accidents
  • Skipping my morning coffee to avoid IBS-d, and saying no to coffee when we go out for breakfast/lunch/dinner
  • Buying diapers at Walmart
  • Trying to avoid all the "noise" of opening a diaper to wear (it's embarrassing, even though my wife knows)

Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, scaifester, Edgewater and 3 others
@slimjiminy oh yes all the extra garbage
we have limited bin size & pickup
it's really tricky to dispose of everything
and the smell hoowee
I forgot how much I hate that too

Reactions: Constantlydamp, AshtonFreecss, NannaAnnabelle and 4 others
SparkyDog said:

3. Constantly having to think about it, where can I change. Will I leak or will it hold a little more.

4. Skin irritations.

5. Getting in a dry diaper and its wet all of 30 seconds later. Common really? I just changed.

What's on your list?
1. Getting out of the shower to calm your stomach down you step out put a fresh diaper on then instantly to realise you need to repeat these steps...FUCK YOU 🖕 STRAIGHT FUCK OFF! 😡💔

2. Being in the car and pooing your pants 😡 first times ok second time isn't ok by the third time i'm definitely swearing like a damn sailor.

Explaining to the whole table I got to go to the bathroom and being call rude... Ok! Let me swarm your head in my own shit do you fucking understand now! No? Good GOD.. You don't want to piss that side of me off👀😈!

(Does not apply : When something falls the third time it's staying there (oh well you dumb bitch fuck you then) Jamming my toes into a wall and because I've been taugh to hold my emotions bottled up! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! Except erupt in a angry rage! I absolutely hate to CRY! SOMETHING isnt right when that happens.

Knowing your Canadian I could be the next TREVOR actor! But all above isn't acting that's completely legit!

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and SparkyDog
BlameBaby said:
Explaining to the whole table I got to go to the bathroom and being call rude... Ok!
Why on earth would someone say that is rude?
incontinent or otherwise

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Dribbling, I have done it between diaper changes and I gave also left a trial of dribbles on the way or back from the shower. I manage it with keeping a used diaper under me while I clean up.

Reactions: Babynie, scaifester, Edgewater and 3 others
Many of the things posted above, plus:

- Walking down the stairs with a wet rolled-up diaper in my hand after a change. My family knows, but it still makes me slightly uncomfortable.

- The trial and error of finding the right diaper (fit and level of protection). Then the manufacturer changes or discontinues the diaper and the trial and error starts all over again.

Incontinence is not all fun and games!

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and SparkyDog
SparkyDog said:
Why on earth would someone say that is rude?
incontinent or otherwise
When being realistic about it my true nature it is coming in last place after people get the best & that I like being a quieter person & that means I'm a threat to alot of people.

Why?

People like people that interact with them , but when they meet someone that would rather listen to them they aren't used to it . They think the quieter person is a robot or someone of less Intelligence!

People like to be around people they feel comfortable with it which is ultimately sad.

What if the quiet voice is the most powerful in the room and it's almost 100 percently missed , underestimated , undermined, & determined before they speak a word.

it's only right and just as humans to judge each other and hate each other , but the world rejects those who do the opposite.

Before we speak.

"We must fully develop the understanding that no matter which way are voices go you can't always effect everyone around you because there will always be some critic shouting there own voice and opinion about who you are. how that small little voice that came first in the end but lived there whole lives last is the miracle itself ." Blame baby Monday , March 27th 2023 1:01 am

Last edited:
  • Love
3 and 5 for me

Reactions: Edgewater and SparkyDog
SparkyDog said:

4. Skin irritations.

What's on your list?
All of the above as well putting on a pull up or diaper and getting dressed to go out when all of a sudden you feel it leaking again. Frustrates me as I wear plastic or rubber pants over top and Lycra tights over everything. Takes a few minutes to get undressed and dressed again.

Calico said:
Dribbling, I have done it between diaper changes and I gave also left a trial of dribbles on the way or back from the shower. I manage it with keeping a used diaper under me while I clean up.
Yeah keeping the used diaper while cleaning is definitely a good idea.
Do you also put a fresh one under, so when you remove the used you only have to tape on the new?

Teddy

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Neroforte
I'm repeating a lot, but for me:

-the days when the leaks are worse than usual (higher work stress, too much coffee, extreme changes in the weather, or all three combined?) because I can also feel it on the inside...if that makes any sense? It's like I can feel the higher internal stress on those days
-I use the washroom normally for the most part, but it drives me nuts when I pull everything down to pee and I end up somehow dribbling a bit on my pants...I mean, for frig sakes, I'm wearing a diaper, and I've still managed to wet myself 😐
-having to bring my "special kitbag" for travelling
-when we sometimes stay with my son's friend's family, and I need to be 100% discrete...which means using a thin pull up for sleeping. Not my preference at all. I don't sleep well without the feeling of a real diaper.

Reactions: Diprs2, hbic60, smnapp and 4 others
There is nothing about incontinence that I like, but the only thing I truly hate about my incontinence is that it is consistently inconsistent. Whether U-IC or F-IC, I don't know what each day will bring, so I need to hope for the best and plan for the worst. What makes it bad is that because I'm retired I have the luxury of being able to stay home when I want. If I'm having a bad day, I stay home. If I'm having a great day I can go out prepared for the worst, or stay home and enjoy not having to prepare for the worst. I'm still a prisoner, whichever I choose.

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: RestrainU4Me, Diprs2, NannaAnnabelle and 4 others
@CheshireCat
oh yes it's always consistently inconsistent
that's the worst
makes it so unpredictable at times.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, smnapp, Edgewater and 1 other person
I have lived a blessed life in comparison and continue to be inspired by all of you!

We are both retired and I develop a schedule for getting out and yes medical visits remain near active, but just getting out is important to me for heathy reasons.

It so very true that one hope for the best and prepare for the worst is such a reality. Thankfully, my much better side of me has zero problem in pushing and when (not if) things go bad, she is so supportive.

Great Thread SparkyDog!!

Reactions: Diprs2, smnapp, Angelapinks and 1 other person
I resonate with so many of the things people posted.

For me personally, the combo of ADHD and incontinence makes diaper leaks, and accidents between changes so common that they’re basically expected.

If I had a nickel for every time I got side tracked when I meant to change, leading to a leak, or for every time I replied to an email or text between changes, leading to a puddle…

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: AshtonFreecss, Liddlefoot, charliee and 3 others
Back