Things I hate about being incontinent

@enthusi would setting a regular timer help? Every 4hrs etc you change?
Of course you would have to do it and not click snooze 😉

Reactions: Diprs2, enthusi and Edgewater
SparkyDog said:
Actually, I’ve been doing this sort of thing, in combo with higher quality diapers, and I’ve cut back on leaks. Im not using a timer, but I’m changing at set points during the day rather than when I’m soaked. It feels wasteful to toss a diaper that’s not fully saturated but it’s better than leaks.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and smnapp
enthusi said:
Actually, I’ve been doing this sort of thing, in combo with higher quality diapers, and I’ve cut back on leaks. Im not using a timer, but I’m changing at set points during the day rather than when I’m soaked. It feels wasteful to toss a diaper that’s not fully saturated but it’s better than leaks.
Yes that's fair
what diaper did you go from and what did you upgrade to?

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
SparkyDog said:
Unfortunately ADHD doesn't work like that. You can set a timer, but that doesn't mean you won't get sidetracked before completing your change. It's not about being lazy of forgetful. It's a brain working totally different from yours. It's like asking someone with incontinence if they could make it to the toilet if tried harder. ;)

Reactions: Diprs2, jaredc3 and Edgewater
I'm not incontinent and I'm very grateful for it. Although, I would probably trade with someone who absolutely hated it.

You peeps are legends, tho. Don't be fooled otherwise :) mad props

Reactions: AshtonFreecss, Ceary, Diprs2 and 1 other person
HalMidLife said:
I'm repeating a lot, but for me:

-the days when the leaks are worse than usual (higher work stress, too much coffee, extreme changes in the weather, or all three combined?) because I can also feel it on the inside...if that makes any sense? It's like I can feel the higher internal stress on those days
-I use the washroom normally for the most part, but it drives me nuts when I pull everything down to pee and I end up somehow dribbling a bit on my pants...I mean, for frig sakes, I'm wearing a diaper, and I've still managed to wet myself 😐
Fully understand! But those can be managed; I figured out that with wearing the according protection that's not an issue, I know that even on worse days I usually have to change only once, seldom 2 times over the day, even if I only rarely can use the restroom. So, if the urge hits and I feel it might be critical to reach a toilet right in time I prefer to use my diaper instead of trying it with the result that I might pee on my pants or on the floor.
HalMidLife said:
-having to bring my "special kitbag" for travelling
-when we sometimes stay with my son's friend's family, and I need to be 100% discrete...which means using a thin pull up for sleeping. Not my preference at all. I don't sleep well without the feeling of a real diaper.
Well, I also try always to be as discreet as possible and avoid to involve others as less as possible, which works for 99%. On the other hand, I have a medical condition to wear my protection, and I see no reason to desperately hide this - I'd wear my usual night diaper and simply state that I have to for my IC if any question rises up... without making a big deal out of it! Who should blame you for that?

Reactions: HalMidLife, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Petya217 said:
Unfortunately ADHD doesn't work like that. You can set a timer, but that doesn't mean you won't get sidetracked before completing your change. It's not about being lazy of forgetful. It's a brain working totally different from yours. It's like asking someone with incontinence if they could make it to the toilet if tried harder. ;)
Oh I Understand I have ADHD my self and easily get off task / distracted but mom worked with me early with timers and trained I have to do it right as the alarm goes if I say ill finish this task I will totally forget

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
Petya217 said:
I love it when people tell me that I need to think before I talk, or take a moment to organize my stuff before leaving a room. Ohhh! I never thought of that! (/sarcasm).

That said routine absolutely helps, which I think is what @SparkyDog was getting at.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and SparkyDog
SparkyDog said:
@slimjiminy oh yes all the extra garbage
we have limited bin size & pickup
it's really tricky to dispose of everything
and the smell hoowee
I forgot how much I hate that too
Yep. It's not bad now but give it another month when the weather warms up then the magic aroma starts. Ick!

Dealing with diapers is almost tolerable in cooler weather but during the summer it's nothing but suck

Reactions: AshtonFreecss, Ceary, Jonnythepony and 3 others
When you have the trash can on the curb & the truck doesn't pick up your trash leaving it full, and you have more dirty diapers to throw away, so it will stink up your house, mine has a pee smell that I'm nose blind to.
Some nights in a deep sleep then wake up wet in the morning, but some mornings it's flooded to the point it's past the mattress protector & on the sheets anyway.

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and SparkyDog
For me, its not being able to take a break from wearing diapers - ever.

Reactions: Eclectic, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 2 others
scaifester said:
For me, its not being able to take a break from wearing diapers - ever.
yup
no breaks suck
sometimes I just sit on a soaker pad so things can air out

I don't hate anything about U-IC, given that it can of course be hells inconvenient sometimes. But I cope pretty well. But what I do hate is unexpected messy accidents. Rare for me but when they happen they're overwhelming - part of IBS. Pretty much every time it creates an emergency. And when it happens in public, which it has, it's horrible.

My biggest pet peeve is when I change no matter what the circumstances are I will pee before I even finish taping up the diaper. I can be fresh out of the shower or have just used the toilet and I will still pee within seconds of putting on a fresh diaper. I have gotten to the point I will do whatever it is that requires removing my diaper and then put the old one back on for a few minutes then change into a fresh diaper so it can stay that way for more than 5 minutes. I've pretty well gotten past anything else that annoys me though swimming/beach days can still be a lot to manage.

KenworthW900b said:
My biggest pet peeve is when I change no matter what the circumstances are I will pee before I even finish taping up the diaper. I can be fresh out of the shower or have just used the toilet and I will still pee within seconds of putting on a fresh diaper. I have gotten to the point I will do whatever it is that requires removing my diaper and then put the old one back on for a few minutes then change into a fresh diaper so it can stay that way for more than 5 minutes. I've pretty well gotten past anything else that annoys me though swimming/beach days can still be a lot to manage.
You're putting the old one on after a shower till you can put a new one on? Doesn't that negate the shower?

SparkyDog said:
You're putting the old one on after a shower till you can put a new one on? Doesn't that negate the shower?
Usually after a shower I'll put on some cheap diaper like a fit right or a depend. Or more often than not a pull up... Sorry guess I should have been a little more descriptive, I'm just trying to not be so long winded!

KenworthW900b said:
Usually after a shower I'll put on some cheap diaper like a fit right or a depend. Or more often than not a pull up... Sorry guess I should have been a little more descriptive, I'm just trying to not be so long winded!
Ohh ok that makes sense
thanks for clarifying
Yes it's frustrating when you can't even walk out the shower stall
I've tried changing in the shower stall but I don't get dry enough and then putting my diaper on with damp skin isn't good for my skin and feels aweful

SparkyDog said:
Ohh ok that makes sense
thanks for clarifying
Yes it's frustrating when you can't even walk out the shower stall
I've tried changing in the shower stall but I don't get dry enough and then putting my diaper on with damp skin isn't good for my skin and feels aweful
I totally agree! Like am I really asking too much to air dry my entire body for 5 minutes without having to immediately pad up! I've literally been in the shower for a half hour, stepped out and immediately pissed in the bathroom floor. It's incredibly frustrating!

@KenworthW900b
yea its infuriating. I tell my body please pee while I'm in the shower. Sometimes it listens but many times it doesn't.
Also with the running water sound you'd think you could easily void. nope

Reactions: Edgewater, KenworthW900b and Diprs2
SparkyDog said:
1. Leaving the shower and having a pee trail follow you to your room.

2. Changing and more pee comes out getting on things you don't want pee on.

3. Constantly having to think about it, where can I change. Will I leak or will it hold a little more.

4. Skin irritations.

5. Getting in a dry diaper and its wet all of 30 seconds later. Common really? I just changed.

What's on your list?
I might add when my wife and I go on vacation must pack enough diapers for the trip.My wife says its like traveling with a small child. Hā

Reactions: Diprs2, smnapp, Edgewater and 2 others
Back