Question for DL Seniors

Lattimore55 said:
Kellycares,
I think of you as unique, different, and not weird at all. I hope you focus on the comfortable and convenient. Good for you as well for not letting the Sweet Affliction keep you from church. Gonna think of you on Sundays wearing your Sunday's finest per a prior post. I'd be surprised if there weren't others in your town and general social circles. Seems Minnesota has more practitioners per capita than Canada. Seems there is something about cold climates and diapers?
You are not at all unusual among us here. Most of us don't know a lot of people who wear diapers except who we meet on various sites. You are not alone at all. We just all live a bit farther away.
Lattimore
Hi and thanks for your kind and encouraging words. Well, I’m never going to accept adults wearing diapers as “normal”, especially my own need to always be diapered now. But, yes, you are right, we can come here and not be “unusual” amongst kindred spirits who share our proclivity for being diapered and enjoy using our diapers as intended. While I can’t get completely over my self-conciousness of being in a diaper, especially in the company of others such as church, or, how awkward my diaper often feels, the many wonderful benefits of being in diapers outweigh any thoughts that I have to give them up. Back to the original question in this thread - as I get older I’ve become more comfortable and practiced wearing diapers, so it has become more fun and enjoyable wearing one, especially in public. My “need” (which is about 60% mental) to wear diapers is also still growing as I get older. I now feel way more awkward, sad, and extremely nervous at just the thought of not being properly diapered, than any embarrassment I get by wearing a maximum absorbency adult diaper, even to church.

Reactions: paul484819, gobphus, Lattimore55 and 2 others
69 old diapered for 12 years, wears full diaper at night time better dry or NRU and pullup day time, still love wearing diapers.

Reactions: diaperdude, TexasDiaperLover, Diprs2 and 1 other person
always desire to wear

Reactions: Diprs2
I am 95 and right now wearing and Abena MO3 pull-up diaper. I've only been to diapers seriously about six or seven years but try them on and off before that. It is like I transferred some long-standing underwear fetishes to the area of loving diapers. It looks like I'm edging now into wearing them 24 hours but I probably will not do. 24 seven because I don't care to mess much or very often. It really makes me calm and helps me sleep at night more restful. nothing feels better than a really good tight connection of diapers to my butt.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, gobphus, Diaperman95 and 3 others
I am fixing to be 48 the end of the month. I am not a senior but I have been wearing diapers for over 30 plus years now. Mine is not a choice but a need bases. But diapers are just a part of my life. When I drove truck years ago I pretty well finally gave in to the urges and used my diaper as stopping every 15 min on the days my IC was really flared up was not a option. I could not imagine not wearing. I am bowel incontinent now too. Not every day but often enough. Now that I would not miss one single bit and it has gotten worse over the last 4-5 years. But to give you a Idea how use to diapers I have had many times in my life I had Foley in place or a condom catheter before becoming bowel incontinent and I simple could not sleep without a diaper on. the security is next to none when I am diapered.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Floodingpants
61 years old and urinary incontinent and enuretic. I wear nappies all the time and have become unashamedly DL as a result. I couldn't imagine not being in nappies now.

Reactions: Karoq, TexasDiaperLover and diaperdude
olddon300 said:
I am 95 and right now wearing and Abena MO3 pull-up diaper. I've only been to diapers seriously about six or seven years but try them on and off before that. It is like I transferred some long-standing underwear fetishes to the area of loving diapers. It looks like I'm edging now into wearing them 24 hours but I probably will not do. 24 seven because I don't care to mess much or very often. It really makes me calm and helps me sleep at night more restful. nothing feels better than a really good tight connection of diapers to my butt.
I think you get the prize for oldest oldster...

Reactions: vp39 and chamberpot
olddon300 said:
I will be 66 tomorrow on Wednesday.
From your age perspective, I am still a "Little Boy".
Anyway, I have to go to the New Hampshire DMV office to convert my expiring Driver's License to a non-Driver ID.
I have not driven a car since 2018 as a physically and developmentally disabled "Senior".

I'm sorry I'm the driver in our household happy birthday again.

Kellycares said:
I have to admit that in my family, work, and social life, I do not know a single other person who also wears diapers. Just me. And this often makes me feel like the group weirdo. Wearing diapers is as awkward as it is cofortable and convenient. So, it is affirming to hear your story is similar to mine. It makes me a bit less odd. Thank you.
It is the same with me. I have since 65 overcome the sigma of using diapers within mostly myself. Now over the last 6 months I have come to accept it and finally let in to using diapers whenever it is needed. I am diabetic so the IC is slowly getting worse, but that is no longer an issue that I have to be ashamed of. I guess I have embraced my diaper love and am now enjoying the emotional comfort it gives. Wet and full diapers forever!

• Love
Reactions: Kellycares and diaperdude
Kellycares said:
Well, at 57 I don’t really yet think of myself as a senior, except when considering my diaper needs. I didn’t think about diapers or try them until my mid forties, but once I became aware that adult diapers were something I needed to try, and did, I loved them from the get go.

So, all the emotions, thrills, and positive feeling associated with diaper use still exist, what has changed, as I get older, is the ever increasing need to wear a diaper and properly use it when needed. I chuckle when I think back to “sneaking” a diaper and locking the bathroom door to wet it even while living alone, to becoming a confidently 24/7 diapered adult. While I have some OAB issues, I could get by most of the time without being diapered, but for comfort and convenience choose to live my life like I’m totally IC.

Kellycares said:
Thanks Rita for sending out some “good vibrations”. The fact I wear diapers now, like many others here, often feels a bit weird, so I feel blessed by your (and others) support and encouragement, It really helps me, and probably others, when forced to accept our diaper needs that we are not the only ones who wear a diaper daily, but most others here, like myself, enjoy wearing and properly using our diapers.
Kellycares said:
I have to admit that in my family, work, and social life, I do not know a single other person who also wears diapers. Just me. And this often makes me feel like the group weirdo. Wearing diapers is as awkward as it is cofortable and convenient. So, it is affirming to hear your story is similar to mine. It makes me a bit less odd. Thank you.

Kellycares said:
Hi and thanks for your kind and encouraging words. Well, I’m never going to accept adults wearing diapers as “normal”, especially my own need to always be diapered now. But, yes, you are right, we can come here and not be “unusual” amongst kindred spirits who share our proclivity for being diapered and enjoy using our diapers as intended. While I can’t get completely over my self-conciousness of being in a diaper, especially in the company of others such as church, or, how awkward my diaper often feels, the many wonderful benefits of being in diapers outweigh any thoughts that I have to give them up. Back to the original question in this thread - as I get older I’ve become more comfortable and practiced wearing diapers, so it has become more fun and enjoyable wearing one, especially in public. My “need” (which is about 60% mental) to wear diapers is also still growing as I get older. I now feel way more awkward, sad, and extremely nervous at just the thought of not being properly diapered, than any embarrassment I get by wearing a maximum absorbency adult diaper, even to church.
Just as I think it is marvelous when a young bedwetter rejects shame and evolves into an enthusiastic adult diaper lover, my heart is warmed when reading about a middle-aged person with an occasional need for diapers who embraces the experience of wearing and using diapers as a positive good. I too am the only person I know in my daily life who wears diapers for pleasure, so the Internet is a refuge for me. The ABDL community across many sites creates a sense of belonging and affirmation that diaper pleasure is perfectly okay.

Kelly, I wonder how you deal with being uncomfortable about wearing diapers around other people, especially at church. You obviously have decided to wear for your own comfort, but surely you still fear that someone will remark on your wearing or, worse, start gossiping about your wearing. It sounds like you fear not being in a diaper more than you fear the disapproval of others. It's a good thing for us that we get so much pleasure from wearing and using diapers that we can do what's best for ourselves and not give in to fears about the reactions of others.

Reactions: babydl and DLPeakOut
I agree with the majority here. Being 50+, I keep enjoying being in diapers. The ev9lution is, that I dare more and care less about the strangers. I still don’t want the family and friends to know, but when e.g. travelling, I wear most of the time, more discreet when visiting customers and quite bulky after working hours or in the hotel etc.

Reactions: NappyLoverUK, DLPeakOut and gobphus
mskvor said:
I agree with the majority here. Being 50+, I keep enjoying being in diapers. The ev9lution is, that I dare more and care less about the strangers. I still don’t want the family and friends to know, but when e.g. travelling, I wear most of the time, more discreet when visiting customers and quite bulky after working hours or in the hotel etc.
I am very similar

Reactions: mskvor
olddon300 said:
Wow, Don, good for you! Since I began to have nighttime accidents after wearing diapers to be for 2-1/2 years, I wonder whether you have begun to wet in your sleep.

You’ve posted 140 times but must have not posted much recently because you’re back at Contributor status.

Last edited:
Back