Pampers Size 8 new style tabs don’t stretch anymore

tdl879 said:
So it fit or no, because I’m about the same size as you
No, they will not tape closed. The way the wings are made don't stretch enough for that.

When I first made this post, someone here said “I'm also not sure where the original topic creator buys his Pampers BD Size 8's from, but i've worn and used every Size 7 and 8 Pampers BD released so far and even in the latest 2023 version”

I knew that the tabs were the waffle style, hence the original post. I am actually saddened to find out that this is the way they have went now. I wonder how I got a pack so early with these waffle type tabs? Maybe a trial run at the time? Who knows?..but that now seems to be the end of me being able to wear pampers baby dry size 8. Oh well, Drynites 8-15 it is then.

pampers8 said:
When I first made this post, someone here said “I'm also not sure where the original topic creator buys his Pampers BD Size 8's from, but i've worn and used every Size 7 and 8 Pampers BD released so far and even in the latest 2023 version”

I knew that the tabs were the waffle style, hence the original post. I am actually saddened to find out that this is the way they have went now. I wonder how I got a pack so early with these waffle type tabs? Maybe a trial run at the time? Who knows?..but that now seems to be the end of me being able to wear pampers baby dry size 8. Oh well, Drynites 8-15 it is then.
I haven't seen any size 8 Pampers with waffle style tabs either.
Maybe the diapers in the new 2024 batch will have them. The last pack 12/2023 didn't have any yet.

I just bought a pack, produced on 23.01.2024 and they don't have the waffle style tabs

Reactions: PampersboyLondon
I will buy another pack & update on the results.

Reactions: bdb190808 and PampersboyLondon
pampers8 said:
I will buy another pack & update on the results.
I hope they haven’t fucked them up cause I really love using them as adult ones are so expensive now and also they are great for taking on trips as take up hardly any space in the case

I love these, I hope they make a bigger size

So packing on them is saying flexi-wings and shows an example on the packaging.

Just been in Tesco Banbury and they’ve got Dec23 Jan24 and Feb24 bags for 8s in Jumbo 52s bags and seems they all show new waffle wings on them but the Dec23 bag has got antelopes on them so presuming they are still the original 8s all of them were made in the UK as well.

**UPDATE**
So opened them to check and they are waffle wings free and actually have crocodile 🐊 prints too which are hella cute ☺️ and the trusty antelope 🥳🥳🥳

Seems they haven’t destroyed them yet

Last edited:
Reactions: bdb190808
I gave the crocodile ones a try not long ago and they weren’t too bad they had the stretchy sides but I found that they broke apart after a bit of moving around. I did find they were a little small for me around my genitals but I did wee in them and they held out ok. All in all for me it was a 50/50 experience. If they fitted me a bit better they would be my go to.

Reactions: PampersboyLondon
bdb190808 said:
I gave the crocodile ones a try not long ago and they weren’t too bad they had the stretchy sides but I found that they broke apart after a bit of moving around. I did find they were a little small for me around my genitals but I did wee in them and they held out ok. All in all for me it was a 50/50 experience. If they fitted me a bit better they would be my go to.
Seem like they’ve done a little edit to them as they are really soft now

Got a pack of the baby dry 8‘s with a 20ish february production date today and they are as stretchy as before again. Seems like the waffle sides were an one time production.

Reactions: FudgedInLuvs and nappybaby
pampers8 said:
I used to be able to fit into Pampers baby dry size 8 by stretching the tabs, however, they have now changed the tabs so that they don’t stretch anymore, they just snap. I am quite disappointed at that. Has anyone else noticed this?
Yes I wear pampers 8 and yes the tabs don't stretch much.

babydiapergiraffe said:
Got a pack of the baby dry 8‘s with a 20ish february production date today and they are as stretchy as before again. Seems like the waffle sides were an one time production.
Interesting, I thought the German size 8 had been switched to the waffle sides a long time ago.
Good to know that there still stretchy.

Anyone in the UK tried any recently ?

HappyNappin said:
Interesting, I thought the German size 8 had been switched to the waffle sides a long time ago.

I have never seen Pampers Baby Dry size 8 with waffle style tabs.
The last pack I bought was from February 2024.
The size 7 has the waffle tabs.

SecretWeapon said:
I have never seen Pampers Baby Dry size 8 with waffle style tabs.
The last pack I bought was from February 2024.
The size 7 has the waffle tabs.
I sadly got a pack with waffle style tabs. I didn´t look at the production date though

HappyNappin said:

I think they are on offer at Asda so I will pick a bag up this week and report back

After all these years, Ive been getting different kinds of tabs from pampers size 8, my conclusion is that they are going A/B testing, they put different tabs randomly to see the user reaction to them, because its more efficient if they keep one type of tabs for all production, but they risk losing the sales because of it

Last edited:
Pamperswearer said:
I think they are on offer at Asda so I will pick a bag up this week and report back
Update bought a bag today with feb 2024 date on them and back to old tapes - can confirm batch details on bag later if people are interested?

Does Asda ship to the US?

Back