Pampers Size 8 new style tabs don’t stretch anymore

Mehrabad98 said:
Apologies in advance for the conspiracy theory:
Pampers is doing this on purpose. They know ABDLs exist, and they do not want their products to be used by anyone except small children. To them, we are a major liability. The last thing they want is for a leaked video of some ABDL that goes viral to feature a Pampers diaper. As a result, they consistently reduce the fit of their products. It all started when easy-ups moved to their 360 waistband. This is just another step in their anti-ABDL agenda.
Kimberly Clark, on the other hand, has realized how much money they can make off of ABDLs and TBDLs, and have actually adjusted their product range to fit us better.
Dude, you are watching way too many conspiracy movies it seems - yes, indeed Pampers DOES know that ABDL's and TB/DL's exist - but i'll tell you a secret, first they make profit from them as well and second, P&G does NOT care in the slightest who's buying their diapers and other diaper related products - all they care for, is the money and revenue they gain from it - for a fact, Pampers loves parents that take the "I'm not in a rush, my child get's all the time it wants/needs" route and people like us, always going for their latest products on a regular basis, as it benefits THEIR income.

And believe it or not, Pampers is well aware that not all of their diapers sold, get used on little kids only - hence them even constantly producing diapers that easily fit school-aged kids, up to 12 years+, yet here you are claiming Pampers - always THE very first to create bigger Sizes, (with the new very large Swaddlers Size 8's being the latest example) to run an "anti-AB/DL agenda"…

I'm also not sure where the original topic creator buys his Pampers BD Size 8's from, but i've worn and used every Size 7 and 8 Pampers BD released so far and even in the latest 2023 version, where the black kid replaced the blonde girl on the package, they're as "stretchy" as they've ever been and the diapers itself, only always got better with each update - never worse, so they're are as comfy and reliable as my "main diaper", as always.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamas and odd1inSyde
Lumina said:
Dude, you are watching way too many conspiracy movies it seems - yes, indeed Pampers DOES know that ABDL's and TB/DL's exist - but i'll tell you a secret, first they make profit from them as well and second, P&G does NOT care in the slightest who's buying their diapers and other diaper related products - all they care for, is the money and revenue they gain from it - for a fact, Pampers loves parents that take the "I'm not in a rush, my child get's all the time it wants/needs" route and people like us, always going for their latest products on a regular basis, as it benefits THEIR income.

And believe it or not, Pampers is well aware that not all of their diapers sold, get used on little kids only - hence them even constantly producing diapers that easily fit school-aged kids, up to 12 years+, yet here you are claiming Pampers - always THE very first to create bigger Sizes, (with the new very large Swaddlers Size 8's being the latest example) to run an "anti-AB/DL agenda"…

I'm also not sure where the original topic creator buys his Pampers BD Size 8's from, but i've worn and used every Size 7 and 8 Pampers BD released so far and even in the latest 2023 version, where the black kid replaced the blonde girl on the package, they're as "stretchy" as they've ever been and the diapers itself, only always got better with each update - never worse, so they're are as comfy and reliable as my "main diaper", as always.
Yeah, I have to agree here. Not sure where the OP got their information aside from straight dreaming it up. There’s zero proof published anyplace on this or in the industry trades either. At one point there were a few material supply chain issues consistently with the stretchy side materials, so more than likely, they rolled back to something they could get more consistently. Even that is just my educated guess.

Reactions: Lumina
Mehrabad98 said:
Apologies in advance for the conspiracy theory:
Pampers is doing this on purpose. They know ABDLs exist, and they do not want their products to be used by anyone except small children. To them, we are a major liability. The last thing they want is for a leaked video of some ABDL that goes viral to feature a Pampers diaper. As a result, they consistently reduce the fit of their products. It all started when easy-ups moved to their 360 waistband. This is just another step in their anti-ABDL agenda.
Kimberly Clark, on the other hand, has realized how much money they can make off of ABDLs and TBDLs, and have actually adjusted their product range to fit us better.
BIG DIAPER IS WATCHIN, MAN.
IF YOU MULTIPLY THE PRICE OF PAMPERS BY THE NUMBER OF DIAPERS IN A SIZE 8 JUMBO PACK AND THEN DIVIDE THAT BY THE COST OF PAMPERS IN 1979, YOU'LL GET THE DOOMSDAY CODE, MAN!!!!
IF YA WANNA GO DEEPER, COUNT THE NUMBER OF DOTS ON EACH DIAPER AND THEN MULTIPLY THAT BY THE SQUARE ROOT OF THE TOTAL SUM OF ALL THE AVAILABLE SIZES OF DIAPERS, AND YOU'LL KNOW WHEN THE WORLD WILL END.
NOBODY IS SAFE!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thickdiapers, theancientmariner and PGAFAN2008
Lumina said:

I can assure you that when I originally made this post, the tabs were not the normal stretchy ones. I would not have made this post otherwise.

On the conspiracy note. I do feel some people have gone slightly to far but they are saying some correct facts, maybe just assuming the wrong answer.

Pampers actually would massively care about their image though. Realistically baby diapers are not that much different between each other. They just use marketing, buzzwords, gimmicks to compete and right now pampers has the hold on the market. They do not want to lose that, and want to stay in parents minds as "the one diaper" to be using. Look at how hard it is for new diapers to enter the market.

I do think if they could sell to us without a chance of bad rep, they more than likely would though. I'm pretty sure ABU ,tykables, and rearz has shown there is more than a massive of enough market for it now. Not to mention when people are paying like $3-$4 per a diaper it throws the whole "ABDLS ARE SO SMALL IN COMPA BLAH BLAH" out the window. Even some video-games have whales that just pump so much money into them it doesn't even matter if like 100 people don't buy MTX, the company is making just that much money off of one person.

Personally looking at how things are going though if size 8s start getting good sales, and the generally public sees it more ok, it would be the prime time for those companies to enter that market "unofficially". By that I mean making products for special needs that extends up to full teen ranges. I don't think any of those companies would ever actually touch the whole full adult market though. I think that is a lost cause and just highly unlikely. Even the scenario I proposed is still very unlikely, but its a least plausible depending on how the market reacts, but not by much.

Reactions: baliebox4916
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but got some size 8s off Vinted as find it the cheapest way to get them and unfortunately it looks like the non stretchy sides have finally made it to the size 8 line 😩 oh well it was a good run whilst it lasted I guess!

Pamperswearer said:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but got some size 8s off Vinted as find it the cheapest way to get them and unfortunately it looks like the non stretchy sides have finally made it to the size 8 line 😩 oh well it was a good run whilst it lasted I guess!
Production date?
I bought some just before Christmas and there still the good old sides.
Are they UK or German made ones? It think that makes a difference too.

Pamperswearer said:
I bought a case of 120 Size 8's from Amazon in January this year, they still have stretchy sides.

They're made in the UK, were produced on July 18, 2023, and have rhino and crocodile prints. (Older batches had rhino and elephant prints.)

You might have an old batch. Check the manufacturing date on your size 8s.

nappybaby said:
Can anyone please clarify what revision they changed? i already used like 3-4 packs of pampers size 8 and they fit my 81 cm waist perfectly.
i really hope i can find a pack i can still use and wear comfortably
Are you referring to the Baby Drys or US Swaddlers? I have a 30" waist and the Swaddlers don't even fit me. If UK Baby Drys fit a 31 waist, I have to order some!

Just purchased a box earlier this week so here is my measuring..
Measuring a Pampers Swaddlers Size 8, Measurements in Inch(cm)
Length: 16-22 / 40.5-58
Front Width(without wings): 7.25-9 / 18.5-23
Rear Without wings: 7.25-9 / 18.5-23
Rear wing(single) without tape at end: 2.5-5 / 6.5-12.5 This one is measured from end of main body to tip without tape.
Rear at full stretch: 18.5 inch
The maximum circumference I'm expecting this to fit is 27 inches 68.5cm

Using my own body...
31 inches at Hips
27 inches at Waist
But 29 to 30 inches where the diaper would tape up since my waist is much higher than there a toddler would have theirs, so a small waist line won't do much.

southeastlittle said:
Are you referring to the Baby Drys or US Swaddlers? I have a 30" waist and the Swaddlers don't even fit me. If UK Baby Drys fit a 31 waist, I have to order some!
I´m referring to the german baby dry size 8

You‘re right, unfortunately… the stretch has gone. It is like the others now. Bought a pack of UK made Pampers baby dry 8 with production date 1/2024 😢

• Wow
Reactions: LuckyRed23
babycruiser said:
You‘re right, unfortunately… the stretch has gone. It is like the others now. Bought a pack of UK made Pampers baby dry 8 with production date 1/2024 😢
😭😭😭

Will need to go hunting for my last bag then, it's been a good run pampers, sad to see you go.

• Haha
Reactions: LuckyRed23
Right little update, I got a size 8 jumbo pack today in Tesco, specifically looked for there oldest stock they had, managed to find several packs dated 14/12/2023.

Was pleased to find there still the old sides !

So it looks like anything before that is fine.

I'm guessing they possibly switched after the Christmas shutdown?

What's the oldest production date you've found but gotten the waffle sides?

Lumina said:

P&G has been well aware that adults use their pampers for many decades. Some adults even place Pampers under their arms to absorb sweat and control odors. They are even aware that people use their products for other things like hoof care for horses to control things like abscesses. Pampers may be designed for infants and young children to wear for incontinence, but they also have many other uses that some of you may not even be aware of.

Reactions: PampersCowboy
Honeywell6180 said:
P&G has been well aware that adults use their pampers for many decades. Some adults even place Pampers under their arms to absorb sweat and control odors. They are even aware that people use their products for other things like hoof care for horses to control things like abscesses. Pampers may be designed for infants and young children to wear for incontinence, but they also have many other uses that some of you may not even be aware of.
They're also not a bad way to germinate seeds either

babycruiser said:
That sucks that I’m right about them 😞 the ones I bought had no packaging so no way of knowing their production date! I do still have plenty of the stetchy sides left but still saddening to hear but hey they aren’t made for us. Not going to lie it’s probably going to be a turning point for me where I having up my pampers and try to return to normal life 😂

P&G probably found out that some (AB)DL's were able to fit in them, and decided to do something about it. </sarcasm>

babycruiser said:
That's actually good news for me, because the trick I use to glue the tabs of the previous diaper to the front of the new diaper upside down now will work, with the stretchy tabs they would get loose because they were made from different material and also create stretch marks on my skin. Now I can wear without worries of them getting loose :)

Last edited:
JTinkering said:
Just purchased a box earlier this week so here is my measuring..
Measuring a Pampers Swaddlers Size 8, Measurements in Inch(cm)
Length: 16-22 / 40.5-58
Front Width(without wings): 7.25-9 / 18.5-23
Rear Without wings: 7.25-9 / 18.5-23
Rear wing(single) without tape at end: 2.5-5 / 6.5-12.5 This one is measured from end of main body to tip without tape.
Rear at full stretch: 18.5 inch
The maximum circumference I'm expecting this to fit is 27 inches 68.5cm

Using my own body...
31 inches at Hips
27 inches at Waist
But 29 to 30 inches where the diaper would tape up since my waist is much higher than there a toddler would have theirs, so a small waist line won't do much.
So it fit or no, because I’m about the same size as you

Back