Nappies autisum and anxiety!

Sidewinder said:
I really like the way you put this. :)
You are welcome.
Sidewinder said:
I've never seen that film, but I like this quotation.

Similarily enough, there's a line from the first Back To The Future film that goes: "If you can put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything."
I love those hidden gems within films. Most people miss them and the underlying meanings.... i.e.

• Spiderman: "With great power comes great responsibility" copied from Luke 12:48 "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more"

... and instead they focus on the advert blurb of a film, but I have found that most films have these inside trueisms - and usually are what the film is trying to tell us.

One of the best ones I've heard, and it came from an advertising campaign for a newspaper, but I think is apt in all of life....
  • "Before you make up your mind, open it"

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
babybenji said:
I find nappies us a huge comfort and calming, when everything gets to Much I get the most comfort and relief by putting a nappy on and a dummy and cuddling teddy. Very quickly become peacefull. Ive found nappies a comfort from an early age. I know others find nappies calming for anxiety and autism. There are studies were autistic people, find that nappies have a calming effect. It seems to me yo really help when I have a autistic melt down. 🧸🧸🧷🧷🌈🌈🦄🦄🐬🐬🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️
Any links to these studies?

Reactions: skylanderpamp
UnderTheRadar said:
Any links to these studies?
I consider myself well read, and have came across these studies both online and in litrature, but I couldn't pull the links out. For me, it would need a few hours searching online and/or theorological papers to find the links, and even then, I'd need to run the links down to prove them worthy of posting on an open forum. As a result, I think that it is unfair for one to ask @babybenji or another for links. It is almost as if @UnderTheRadar needs the links for homework etc. - not saying that is true, but it could be likely.

babykeiff said:
I consider myself well read, and have came across these studies both online and in litrature, but I couldn't pull the links out. For me, it would need a few hours searching online and/or theorological papers to find the links, and even then, I'd need to run the links down to prove them worthy of posting on an open forum. As a result, I think that it is unfair for one to ask @babybenji or another for links. It is almost as if @UnderTheRadar needs the links for homework etc. - not saying that is true, but it could be likely.
Not sure what that even means..

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I just signed up at an autism support site, posted my first post: a response to a thread on autism and enjoying being in diapers. Red meat!!! So, there I am. Some of the earlier posts are pret-ty good...one or two are just tragically ignorant. But it seems there are several DLs there and at least one AB. Make that at least two... 🤭🥰

Reactions: skylanderpamp, Deleted member 56273 and babykeiff
BobbiSueEllen said:
I just signed up at an autism support site, posted my first post: a response to a thread on autism and enjoying being in diapers. Red meat!!! So, there I am. Some of the earlier posts are pret-ty good...one or two are just tragically ignorant. But it seems there are several DLs there and at least one AB. Make that at least two... 🤭🥰
I'm happy that you are happy and having fun.... enjoy yourself 🤗

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Deleted member 56273
Reactions: babykeiff and BobbiSueEllen
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
babybenji said:
Asperger’s is still right. High-functioning autisum. Asd is a very big spectrum.
You're right about that.

It's not a simple matter of "You either have it, or you don't," it's a far more complicated thing than that.

If anything, it's more like: "If you do have it, then to what extent?"

Last edited:
  • Love
BobbiSueEllen said:
I can't have caffeine, it affects me badly. My estranged daughter & her husband virtually live on it, as do millions of other people. Caffeine needs to be regulated, IMO. It's causing more health & behavioral issues in its unchecked status than it has a right to.
🙂🙃

PlastiBrain said:
Here's a bizarre one: Kopi Luwak Coffee. Expensive, and with a "mossy" taste (and just who eats moss???), it's made from beans which pass through the digestive tract of the Asian palm civet (oddly enough, an animal cited as a COVID carrier), are defecated, 'harvested', cleaned, roasted, ground and packaged. Yuck! :sick: Frasier & Niles territory, right there. Shrinks are weird.

And those fecal clusters of beans look like Payday bars. Double-yuck! :sick::sick: Even with no teeth, I'm glad to not touch another Payday bar as long as I live for that very reason.

Shortly after, Bob Rivers' Twisted Tunes set it to music: Ted Nugent was plagiarized and "Cat Crap Coffee" was born. 🫢🤭

Last edited:
Aspergers diagnosis since a very early age. I find diapers as a great self soothing and anxiety reducing item, even better then the meds I'm prescribed. I wish I could wear more, but I'm so self conscious and low self esteem, that it makes me feel guilty about it, yet the soft s ug comfort of a diaper is like a switch to just unwind and relax.

skylanderpamp said:
Aspergers diagnosis since a very early age. I find diapers as a great self soothing and anxiety reducing item, even better then the meds I'm prescribed. I wish I could wear more, but I'm so self conscious and low self esteem, that it makes me feel guilty about it, yet the soft snug comfort of a diaper is like a switch to just unwind and relax.
(y)

skylanderpamp said:
Aspergers diagnosis since a very early age. I find diapers as a great self soothing and anxiety reducing item, even better then the meds I'm prescribed. I wish I could wear more, but I'm so self conscious and low self esteem, that it makes me feel guilty about it, yet the soft s ug comfort of a diaper is like a switch to just unwind and relax.
Give it time, it's not impossible
Was quite self conscious years ago also am on the spectrum and it's very different times from how it used to be nowadays

Be patient with yourself

Reactions: skylanderpamp and Deleted member 56273
babybenji said:
I find nappies us a huge comfort and calming, when everything gets to Much I get the most comfort and relief by putting a nappy on and a dummy and cuddling teddy. Very quickly become peacefull. Ive found nappies a comfort from an early age. I know others find nappies calming for anxiety and autism. There are studies were autistic people, find that nappies have a calming effect. It seems to me yo really help when I have a autistic melt down. 🧸🧸🧷🧷🌈🌈🦄🦄🐬🐬🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️
As someone with autism and anxiety I totally agree with this it helps me calm and ground no end

Reactions: Thalie and Deleted member 56273
They thought I had autism and they tested me for it as a kid. I did wear nappies at night till age nearly 9 for bedwetting. i liked the feeling of a nappy around my bum but never told. I do not have autism by the way….

Alextherugrat said:
As someone with autism and anxiety I totally agree with this it helps me calm and ground no end
💯

Reactions: skylanderpamp
As an autistic person, I find that diapers give me a good sensory experience, its oddly therapeutic and relaxing. as the world chances, my diapers don't

Reactions: Thalie, skylanderpamp and Sidewinder
Back