Nappies autisum and anxiety!

princekevin said:
As an autistic person, I find that diapers give me a good sensory experience, its oddly therapeutic and relaxing. as the world chances, my diapers don't
That goes ditto for me.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
cuteingly said:
Interesting.
Paruresis and parcopresis seem to be significant toileting related issues that can cause a lot of psychological discomfort.
They follow close parallels with enuresis and encopresis (incontinence).
It would be useful to gain some understanding over how this, combined with Autism and nappies, overlaps with other combinations (Autism, nappies and the psychological effects of incontinence, for example).

What do people think can contribute towards development of this toileting anxiety?
Trauma?
Negative reinforcement from wetting/messing accidents?
Even word of mouth, such as "don't go to those toilets, dangerous grown-ups go there!"
Interesting question. I'm a lifelong paruresis sufferer. I 100% can't pee in public. I just lock up whenever I hear the slightest sound when I'm trying to pee anywhere but home, or out in the woods/country somewhere. I don't have any trauma that I can remember that would cause it but it's always been a lifelong problem especially on road trips etc. I've done a full military career also and got randomly selected for drug testing throughout my career, where they place an observer literally right next to you. Talk about stressful for someone with paruresis. I would drink so much water/coffee that I literally couldn't hold it anymore. Later in life I wonder if I did any damage doing that. I think in the normal world it is considered a medical condition under the Americans With Disabilities act but I'm not 100% sure.

Reactions: diaperkool and Woncrinklz
Traveler said:
Interesting question. I'm a lifelong paruresis sufferer. I 100% can't pee in public. I just lock up whenever I hear the slightest sound when I'm trying to pee anywhere but home, or out in the woods/country somewhere. I don't have any trauma that I can remember that would cause it but it's always been a lifelong problem especially on road trips etc. I've done a full military career also and got randomly selected for drug testing throughout my career, where they place an observer literally right next to you. Talk about stressful for someone with paruresis. I would drink so much water/coffee that I literally couldn't hold it anymore. Later in life I wonder if I did any damage doing that. I think in the normal world it is considered a medical condition under the Americans With Disabilities act but I'm not 100% sure.
Same thing in a few things you mentioned. I also was randomly drug tested in the occupation I had. They tried turning on water, not looking, etc.
I asked for a quick manual catheter, actually, since I know how to do that. No go.
I pushed so hard something else happened. I apologised and said, "Sorry! I can't even pee in front of my cat!" :ROFLMAO: I felt awful. The watcher left.

Public situations:

When I'm in a public restroom and someone is in there? I leave, holding it.
It seems when I freshly enter a restroom, everyone piles in! Damn!!
When I'm attempting to use the restroom, and someone walks in!? I lock-up! So, I pretend I'm done, and leave. Then I wait "Casually" for everyone to vacate the damn place. I sometimes discretely try again, or calculate how much longer I can hold it till I get home. I hate it!:ROFLMAO: It is probably not good for the body. True.
The last time, it was really urgent, and I was lucky enough nobody encroached on me.
Toilet Monster Vector & Photo (Free Trial) | Bigstock

Reactions: diaperkool
Back