MRI diapered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting an MRI done on my knee next Wednesday, and when they called to schedule it, I asked if my diaper would be an issue. She let me know that it would not be an issue, that she placed a note on the file to give them a heads up.

If the MRI tech is a woman, I’m gonna ask if I can have my binky because it calms my nerves. Instill can’t use it around guys for some reason. I’m just wondering if they will put the in MRI findings that “the patient was using a pacifier”.

Reactions: Diprs2
Babyspace1947 said:
I’m getting an MRI done on my knee next Wednesday, and when they called to schedule it, I asked if my diaper would be an issue. She let me know that it would not be an issue, that she placed a note on the file to give them a heads up.

If the MRI tech is a woman, I’m gonna ask if I can have my binky because it calms my nerves. Instill can’t use it around guys for some reason. I’m just wondering if they will put the in MRI findings that “the patient was using a pacifier”.
That's pretty creepy.

ltaluv said:
That's pretty creepy.
What makes it creepy? I have my binky all the time.

Babyspace1947 said:
What makes it creepy? I have my binky all the time.
Let's see.............don't let the patient have a pacifier to calm his nerves and then maybe he freaks out all over the room? Or it is much better to load him up on valium at $25 a pill on his insurance claim? If I was the technician I would be like "Here sir.....here is your binky before you lay down"..............................(y)

Reactions: Diprs2 and BabyHailey1977
JOCKMAN said:
Let's see.............don't let the patient have a pacifier to calm his nerves and then maybe he freaks out all over the room? Or it is much better to load him up on valium at $25 a pill on his insurance claim? If I was the technician I would be like "Here sir.....here is your binky before you lay down"..............................(y)
I agree.

Aby said:
Disposable diapers should be fine in an MRI, done that more than once, I get brain scans from time to time, need to get one again its been like 6 years, I have epilepsy, tremors, and a Brain injury, I was kinda not comfortable with my neurologist though, he's only there for the money and didn't offer me much help, argued with me about diagnosis, and then avoided me when I proved him wrong. Annoying, but the last neurologist was much worse.
I should wear a diaper during my MRI, my doctor thinks I have brain damage which is causing me to wet myself sometimes especially when sleeping

Well, i thought it would be no problem, but in the end there was a lot of discussion about it in my case. It was an MRI of my head, so far away from any problem zone, but they were worried i could leak and said it would be not possible to add any layer below me.

Long story short: In the end i did wear, i did wet but not leak and nobody said a word of it.

The nurses in the room were complete relaxed with it, only the one on the phone was a problem as far as i can tell.
It was a little embarrassing though, because my wetting must have been obvious and my diaper was insanely loud in that room.
The table could only lift up to 100kg, and i am over it still, so i had to "jump" on it and with the diaper on this was a strange situation.

Last edited:
Yes!
I have pissed my diaper while in the MRI machine.

caitianx said:
Yes!
I have pissed my diaper while in the MRI machine.
Okay, so I don't have to worry about wetting myself during an MRI

I wore a pullup for two prostate MRIs. No issues. Second one the nurse asked me as we walked to the machine if I had underwear on. I said I'm wearing a pullup, she responded ok no problem.

Inconjr said:
Yes you can. I have also had multiple mri's due to my spinal injury and always worn a diaper. Just make sure you dont wear clothing with metal. I have gone in mri with partially wet diaper and never had a problem.
I only wear pinned on cotton diapers so I guess that I'd have to wear a disposable for an MRI. 😠 Bummer.

JOCKMAN said:
Some MRI tests are more stressful than others. Ive had several brain MRIs where they basically put your head in a cage to keep it still and then they put you head first into the MRI tube. And the clanging of the MRI machine is very irritating. For somebody like me who is afraid of small spaces I need to have a sedative before I get a head or spinal MRI.

1955wetdiaper said:
I have to have an MRI .Can I wear a diaper during
I have done it twice while hospitalized, not a problem at all.🙂

mikesecret said:
Some MRI tests are more stressful than others. Ive had several brain MRIs where they basically put your head in a cage to keep it still and then they put you head first into the MRI tube. And the clanging of the MRI machine is very irritating. For somebody like me who is afraid of small spaces I need to have a sedative before I get a head or spinal MRI.
I am the same as you in that I basically need a sedative prior to my brain mri. It’s the head cage / face mask that just does it for me. Curious what sedative are you using? Myself using seroquel

jwh said:
I am the same as you in that I basically need a sedative prior to my brain mri. It’s the head cage / face mask that just does it for me. Curious what sedative are you using? Myself using seroquel
I get a two day dose of lorazepam before having an MRI. I have used seroquel for other reasons mainly because of psychosis episodes.

Been there done that, another one on Monday, wearing a pullup.

1955wetdiaper said:
I have to have an MRI .Can I wear a diaper during
Yes you can. I do when I have my MRI'S done every year. And after I'm done I have to Chang my diaper because it's cold the room and cold makes me pee a lot.

When I was around 6-7 years old (2010-2011 or so) I wore a goodnite to an MRI, and there were no issues. I think you should be fine!

PrettyLilPrincess said:
When I was around 6-7 years old (2010-2011 or so) I wore a goodnite to an MRI, and there were no issues. I think you should be fine!
Did you wet it sweetie

Danielgartin691993 said:
Did you wet it sweetie
Nope, if anything it would have been messy rather than wet. I've had FI my whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back