1955wetdiaper

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I have to have an MRI .Can I wear a diaper during

Reactions: checkingoutall, Diprs2, drummer1 and 4 others
As someone who’s incontinent and have had several MRIs in the past, yes you can wear a diaper to an MRI

Reactions: checkingoutall, Diprs2, littledub1955 and 2 others
Yes you can. I have also had multiple mri's due to my spinal injury and always worn a diaper. Just make sure you dont wear clothing with metal. I have gone in mri with partially wet diaper and never had a problem.

Reactions: checkingoutall, Diprs2 and littledub1955
I've had MRI's diapered up. Not a problem.

Reactions: checkingoutall, Diprs2 and Angelapinks
It depends where you get the MRI (what body part) my last MRI was on my hips and they were worried that a diaper would cause a shadow and they would have to redo it.

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: checkingoutall, Diprs2 and littledub1955
They did the MRI on my kidneys

Reactions: checkingoutall, Diprs2 and RoseofThorns
1955wetdiaper said:
I have to have an MRI .Can I wear a diaper during
If you’re wearing a cloth diaper leave the pins and/or snaps at home as they won’t get along very well with the MRI. I’ve had many and had a pacemaker put in that’s MRI compatible in case I need any in the future.

Reactions: checkingoutall and Diprs2
im' reading up that some mri they make u wear a diaper,
i am trying to figure out if this is the cause for mine ,
debating to wear anyways ! but if im not im wondering if this is the test that will require it !?

i tried to know exactly what they are doing but i dint get the anwer i wanted to know haha,

I know for a fact that im getting iv dye,
and its for an possible absess inside , ived had the camera test inside me done ,

so now they want mri to look futher

Reactions: checkingoutall, Diprs2 and RoseofThorns
I was in the Derry Imaging PA MRI Scanner in July, and I was in a diaper.
Not an issue.

what are test that they make you wear the diaper! for the test or the mri !?
i read online one of them they make u wear it as they put stuff in your bum and it will leak out! or whatever,

Reactions: Diprs2 and Dry247
I get my head MRId from time to time (actually, I'm due now). I've been diapered every time I've done it. It's never been an issue. If they were doing an area of the body the diaper covered, then you would want to make sure it is dry. Dry SAP, fluff, cloth, and plastic shouldn't have too much of an effect on the scan.

No metal diaper pins though!

Disposable diapers should be fine in an MRI, done that more than once, I get brain scans from time to time, need to get one again its been like 6 years, I have epilepsy, tremors, and a Brain injury, I was kinda not comfortable with my neurologist though, he's only there for the money and didn't offer me much help, argued with me about diagnosis, and then avoided me when I proved him wrong. Annoying, but the last neurologist was much worse.

I know it might seem uncomfortable, but you should never feel that
you can't ask the MRI prep team. They get asked and questions and I mean...
questions. Just ask, I'm sure they get hundreds of people getting MRI's that are diapered. Hope it all goes well or that it went on with out any problems.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Tommy10
Yes, have had many mri tests as of late and no issues with diaper...have had kidneys, liver, spine cervical and thoracic, lots of contrast iv,s for some syncope issues as of late...still no answers on that...

Reactions: Diprs2
I have never had an MRI while diapered. I was however put through an MRI with a Foley catheter and associated bag. That was before my very severe paruresis caused leakage incontinence. If I had to get another MRI, I guess they would use a catheter if I was hospitalized even though I always wear diapers. otherwise i would be wearing a diaper.

I've had numerous MRIs while diapered. I used to always ask if it would cause a problem, and the answer was always, "No." Anymore I don't bother asking, although if they told me to remove my underwear I would say something then.

Even with a hip MRI, the nurse said it would be no problem at all, and I have never gotten a comment from any of my doctors about it showing up on the films.

Reactions: Diprs2, schooner and checkingoutall
I know they don't care whether I'm wearing a diaper in the M R I. When the contrast ramed in you feel it rush true you.
can the tec see it?

So when I had a stress fracture on my femoral neck, I had to have an MRI. before I continue, if you are an MRI tech, please don’t read lol. While I was in the MRI machine, the tech left and I can’t remember why. Anyway, I was left in the machine for what felt like an eternity when it was probably a couple minutes. I was squeezing the ball, and. I answer. Anyway, since then, I freak out in the MRI machine. So a couple years later, I needed an MRI on my shoulder and neck area and they had me take Valium before to calm my nerves. As I was in the machine, I wet my pants a little. I didn’t say anything, and neither did the staff. There was no wetness on the machine.

After I received treatment, the doctor ordered another MRI and when she ordered the Valium, she said that given my bladder issues, I would probably need to wear a diaper. So I did, and had no issues. Apparently, the previous MRI techs noticed my pants lol.

so, id say that the diaper does show up on the scan...

but would be easily identifiable as outside the body and ignored...

id say that every dr and techhas seen plenty of diapered patients.

after all your going there cause of issues, and im sure plenty of thoes issues may come with some amount of ic problems...

sure the tech appreciated that thereis a diaper as opposed to cleaning!

2012Stroke said:
I have never had an MRI while diapered. I was however put through an MRI with a Foley catheter and associated bag. That was before my very severe paruresis caused leakage incontinence. If I had to get another MRI, I guess they would use a catheter if I was hospitalized even though I always wear diapers. otherwise i would be wearing a diaper.
I had something similar, an MRI where they injected contrast fluids into my bladder but they couldn't get it in because the urethra was obstructed, so everything of that nasty stuff ended up running all over me and I had to wash myself in the MRI room afterwards, they had to use a metal tube (which hurt like hell) and a clamp to squeeze the tube in place but even that didn't help. Given the fact I have scar tissue on the urethra and it was also black friday (no joke!) the nurses were mortified of the pain they caused , one of them said "well....this isn't exactly the kind of black friday I had imaged o_O"

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, Pino and JOCKMAN
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back