Most “hands on” airport security experience to date

BobbiSueEllen said:
Uh, puggles: was there a second person in the room? What the TSAer was demanding of you requires a second person present, whether another TSAer, a random medical person or a traveling companion along with you.
Yes there was a second TSA officer in the room.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I have had both of my knees replaced and even with TSA precheck I am always had to go through extra screening. I mention that I am incontinent and normally just have a light pad down, but I have had some embarrassing ones. The TSA agents have a job to do and most of the time they are very respectful.

Reactions: checkingoutall, annie and BobbiSueEllen
It sounds like I've been very fortunate with the scanners; I've never had one flag me. I travel several times a year and have TSA PreCheck so I haven't been sent through a scanner in a while - it's possible they are more sensitive these days.

I have recently started carrying a "TSA Notification Card" that I can quietly hand to the agent if questions arise, just to avoid having to explain my condition out loud in front of others. I've yet to have a need for it but I keep it in my bag and move it to my pocket before screening. You can fill it out with whatever you think they need to know:

Mine says:
I have the following health condition, disability or medical device that may affect my screening:
Urinary Incontinence
*Use of protective garments or urinary collection devices.*
Please be discreet with my supplies bag!!

Reactions: ryanbailey, HalMidLife, annie and 1 other person
They must've revised it; I could only put on "Fibromyalgia (Severe); Autism (Level 1)". That's it. 🫢

I have a 5day trip across the US in June. Ik I’ve got a 3hr layover with my one connection each way.. My average flight times are 3 hrs each with snacks and beverages. So I’m thinking of going through tsa wearing underwear then putting on a diaper before I board, then changing when I land at the connector airport, and taking it off when I land at my destination. I’m going to visit family who don’t know I’m a little still in diapers, with occasional potty accidents due to anxiety/IBS. I’ll wear at night at the hotel before my going home flight the next morning and just do the same on the way back through the airports. Unfortunately I can’t wear at night around family and my father is traveling with me to the halfway point on my way home. I’ll have to be careful around him.. he runs his mouth. HERE’s my dilemma: How do I pack enough diapers and which kind, so I’m discreet in wearing, and protected from leaks? I don’t want to out myself but I’m not interested in using the airport potties or on the planes. I have 4 super dry kids 2tapes, but considering getting the blue camouflage ones to blend in with my jeans shorts Any suggestions would help. Tyia.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Back