Most “hands on” airport security experience to date

HalMidLife

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’m sharing this to give folks an FYI about something I experienced a few days ago, and you might as well.

I travel by air quite often and have had a couple of “light” experiences with airport security, such as an examination of my kitbag (read: diaper and other things bag) and an agent lightly brushing against my outer butt cheek during a check, but this was definitely next level.

I was catching a connecting flight to the US from Canada, and had been wearing the same diaper for about 6 hours at this point, sitting a lot and probably sweating a bit too. Anyway, here is what happened:

I went through the full body scan machine, the lady said “I’ll need to do this one more time”, and then she said “hmm….do you have anything in your back pocket?”. I was 99% sure what the issue was, so I said “no, but I am wearing an adult diaper”. She said, pleasantly, ”That explains it”. I thought that was it….but she then called another agent over, said a few words to him. He called me over and said “I will need to do a quick physical contact examination, so I‘m letting you know I will be touching you on your back side, and my supervisor will monitor the examination”. It was about 5-8 seconds of full on contact, up and down my backside. And all of this was out in the main security area. In hindsight, I’m sure I could have requested a more private location, but I was running kinda late and to be honest, in the moment, it all happened very fast, and I was more surprised than bothered or embarrassed.

Anyway, as mentioned, I’m just sharing this as an FYI that if you’re travelling, this can happen. it’s probably best to try and change before going through security. I would have had at least a few ounces of pee by this time, plus some sweat, so that’s probably enough to come up in the scan. On the way back. I made sure to change in the airport washroom and had no issues.

Reactions: Diprs2, Dry247, Lostdiapersboy and 12 others
Agreed. The scanner does pick up moisture/wetness. So two options to avoid the goosing: as you said you can change into something light just before the security line and then back into something more appropriate. Or you can also opt out for the metal detector scanner which doesn't have wetness detection issues.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, Kittylove, Neroforte and 4 others
The body scanners show up all wet absorbent hygiene products. They come up looking like/similar to drugs from what I’ve heard. I’ve you are only a bit wet, the bit that is wet will still show up. It is the very last thing I do before going through airport security… find a toilet and go change my nappy. I then hope that by chance I get through before I wet again…

Reactions: checkingoutall, patrick1776, Edgewater and 3 others
Hmm - so I wouldn't call that next level... That actually happens to me every time, because the body scanner flags wet underwear and diapers in particular.

The fact that a complete pat-down follows, including a quick look down the back of the trouser hem, is actually normal... The only thing I found unusual was that the colleague called the supervisor.

Personally, I would never (and have never) told them that I was wearing an aid - they could find out for themselves if they wanted to. I think the next level is when they send you to a cabin and you have to change the thing... But that's never happened to me and I fly a lot. Years ago there was a report in the news where they treated an 80-year-old woman like that. In the meantime, I think they've learned a lot and the scanners are better.

The only thing that happens from time to time is that they do a special explosives test (they wipe your belt or bag with a pad, for example, and then slide it into an analyzer).

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, checkingoutall, Edgewater and 2 others
HalMidLife said:
I’m sharing this to give folks an FYI about something I experienced a few days ago, and you might as well.

I travel by air quite often and have had a couple of “light” experiences with airport security, such as an examination of my kitbag (read: diaper and other things bag) and an agent lightly brushing against my outer butt cheek during a check, but this was definitely next level.

I was catching a connecting flight to the US from Canada, and had been wearing the same diaper for about 6 hours at this point, sitting a lot and probably sweating a bit too. Anyway, here is what happened:

I went through the full body scan machine, the lady said “I’ll need to do this one more time”, and then she said “hmm….do you have anything in your back pocket?”. I was 99% sure what the issue was, so I said “no, but I am wearing an adult diaper”. She said, pleasantly, ”That explains it”. I thought that was it….but she then called another agent over, said a few words to him. He called me over and said “I will need to do a quick physical contact examination, so I‘m letting you know I will be touching you on your back side, and my supervisor will monitor the examination”. It was about 5-8 seconds of full on contact, up and down my backside. And all of this was out in the main security area. In hindsight, I’m sure I could have requested a more private location, but I was running kinda late and to be honest, in the moment, it all happened very fast, and I was more surprised than bothered or embarrassed.

Anyway, as mentioned, I’m just sharing this as an FYI that if you’re travelling, this can happen. it’s probably best to try and change before going through security. I would have had at least a few ounces of pee by this time, plus some sweat, so that’s probably enough to come up in the scan. On the way back. I made sure to change in the airport washroom and had no issues.

I also fly a fair amount for work (mostly domestic) and I've experienced similar issues to this as well. I can directly correlate my experiences to if my diaper is wet or not though. If it's fairly or heavily wet, I usually experience something similar to OP's situation. Lately I have opted for just flat out telling TSA "I'm wearing a diaper," or "I'm wearing a diaper for incontinence." Honestly they don't care, they're just doing their job.
Only ONE time was I asked details about it, and since they were obviously going to examine the diaper, I asked for a private room. They had me pull my shorts down a bit and felt around my diaper's waistband, and gave my crotch a good feeling up (lol). I explained that my diaper was wet, which is why it was flagged, and they let me go after that. It wasn't all that bad, just a little invasive, but I was over it quickly. A quick beer at a bar before the flight helped a lot with that ;)
I've never been told I had to change my diaper to proceed, although I have heard of that happening.
Then, if my diaper is dry or just a little wet, it usually doesn't trigger any alerts at all, and I proceed on through like any other passenger.

Reactions: checkingoutall, Edgewater, AttilaThePun and 3 others
I have been patted down while wearing a nappy and had my carry on checked. It was no big deal

Reactions: Diprs2, checkingoutall, Constantlydamp and 2 others
The thing is whilst you might find the exposure of your nappies embarrassing especially around friends or family especially those who don't know: airport security people just aren't interested in your nappy or spares... They are looking for drugs, guns, sharp metal things, explosives and liquids! A poofy crutch and a wet nappy might mean a slightly more invasive search but just ask for privacy if its getting too much. Ultimately, you'll get through and it will probably be way easier than you feared. I will say this again and again... No matter how wet change and dispose of your used nappy as the last thing you do before going through security.

Reactions: Diprs2, checkingoutall, Edgewater and 1 other person
Worried about going through security I changed before hand only to be faced with a Long security line...and started dribbling which increased my anxiety causing more dribbling...etc. by the time I got to the scanner my pad was pretty wet and of course flagged pulled aside and asked if there was anything 'there' I stuttered and finally spit out 'i'm wearing a pee-pad'.... and only then started thinking of many better ways to say it...

The contact was pretty light but it was out in full view with everyone around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun and Sealander
Regularnot said:
Worried about going through security I changed before hand only to be faced with a Long security line...and started dribbling which increased my anxiety causing more dribbling...etc. by the time I got to the scanner my pad was pretty wet and of course flagged pulled aside and asked if there was anything 'there' I stuttered and finally spit out 'i'm wearing a pee-pad'.... and only then started thinking of many better ways to say it...

The contact was pretty light but it was out in full view with everyone around.
Although I haven't been on a plane since becoming fully U-IC, I still keep my TSA Pre-Check up to date and paid for. It will keep the waiting in line at a minimum, I won't have to take off suspenders or belt (whichever of those I'm wearing) or remove my little bag of toiletries and my tablet from my luggage. I won't have to remove my shoes, either. With relatively fewer people around, I'm hoping my conversations with TSA screeners when I do fly will be fairly discreet.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
I've had this issue too with being both a bit wet but also very sweaty or warm down there (this is in the middle of the Summer). I probably should have changed before going through security but my diaper wasn't nearly wet enough to be thrown out yet. So far I've found the security agents to be respectful but I know some can have bad experiences with them.
I've had my carry-on be opened and my diapers displayed but only in private with a security agent. She actually asked "What are these?" making me realize that not everyone in the world knows what adult diapers are.

Reactions: Diprs2 and AttilaThePun
I had an experience that wasn’t hands-on physically, but it was a very thorough check of the carry-on luggage I had. Airports are required to do a certain number of security checks, one apparently being detailed luggage checks of all passengers. As I approached security it was being announced, then after the standard scan I was directed to one of the tables the checks were being done, along with the other passengers.

The quite attractive security lady once again explained what she was going to do and why, then opened my suitcase. After a fairly quick check of the main content, she unzipped the section I had my unwashed clothes. With it fully unzipped and open she started checking, paying much more attention to my underwear. All of them were extremely dirty, which got her attention. Her fast-paced check immediately slowed down as she thoroughly checked each of them, carefully inspecting where my butt and d*** had been.

The more surprising part was that when I got home and unpacked one of them was missing, yet I didn’t see her remove them.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and AttilaThePun
Airborne532 said:
I had an experience that wasn’t hands-on physically, but it was a very thorough check of the carry-on luggage I had. Airports are required to do a certain number of security checks, one apparently being detailed luggage checks of all passengers. As I approached security it was being announced, then after the standard scan I was directed to one of the tables the checks were being done, along with the other passengers.

The quite attractive security lady once again explained what she was going to do and why, then opened my suitcase. After a fairly quick check of the main content, she unzipped the section I had my unwashed clothes. With it fully unzipped and open she started checking, paying much more attention to my underwear. All of them were extremely dirty, which got her attention. Her fast-paced check immediately slowed down as she thoroughly checked each of them, carefully inspecting where my butt and d*** had been.

The more surprising part was that when I got home and unpacked one of them was missing, yet I didn’t see her remove them.
She must be a highly skilled magician - she made 1 of your dirty underwear disappear! 🎩🪄🐇

• Haha
AttilaThePun said:
She must be a highly skilled magician - she made 1 of your dirty underwear disappear! 🎩🪄🐇
I don’t know how, but they were missing

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater and AttilaThePun
Scanners do not pick up moisture folks, that is a very common overly stated myth. Scanners are looking for bulk. I’ve been flagged in wet diapers, in dry diapers, and everything in between. Although I guess one could argue the more wet you are the bulkier you are but moisture has nothing to do with it. I’ve flown many times and it seems that the thicker the diaper the higher likelihood I get flagged. The op’s experience doesn’t sound very pleasant but in all honesty not going into a private area was likely in there best interest. I’ve been pulled aside to a private room and asked to show the tsa agents my diaper. I declined and they opted to swab the waistband of my diaper and use a small metal detector all over the area. I was not about to pull my pants down and expose my padding in all its glory to a couple of dudes. This was in the Charlotte NC airport.

Last edited:
Reactions: ryanbailey, Mapboy, Diprs2 and 3 others
When I was activity traveling, my return flights from Europe common came through Atlanta and since I commonly had several hours before my connecting flight, it was not uncommon to be selected for an additional inspection, since all my luggage was with me. I got to know several of the inspectors and joked around about weather, family and diapers. I commonly wrapped the wine bottles with a new disposable diaper and was complimented on the wine selection and the wrapper. I would commonly tell them about the flights from Europe into Sweden as the overhead area was common filled with liquor to avoid tax on buying in Sweden.

Over the forty years of Transatlantic flights it was amazing to watch the increasing inspections and the armed military staff in European airports. Some of my most personal inspections occurred at European Airports returning to the US. When US TSA began really clamping down, the European's really amped it up as well.

Reactions: Mapboy, Diprs2 and AttilaThePun
Its unrelated to Airport scanner or luggage inspections, but I had an interesting experience during a medical checkup for a job when I was about 27. The work had some possible health risks involved, so regular medicals were required, of which I had a number of previously. Thinking it was just going to be a standard medical I made a booking in the afternoon, so I could go home immediately after.

Everything seemed ok until the young attractive doctor began the medical, with the first instruction to remove my clothes. That was immediately embarrassing, as the rather pretty doctor had aroused me. my first reaction was to question why it was necessary, which came with a very direct response. The next embarrassment was the state of my underwear, which looked like they had been left on an airport runway, right were the aircraft wheels contact the ground. The front looked like they had been used to mop up fuel leaks, from a careless refueler.

As the medical continued the checks she did were much more detailed than I had ever had before. When I questioned her why it was different to others, the doctor said in a very defensive tone something like, “I do mine how they are supposed to be done, are you an expert, I don t think so”. She then got a medical book, opened it to the relevant section, and literally made me read it, getting quite aggressive when she suspected I wasn’t reading it.

She then lectured me on the state of my underwear, with the opening statement something like, “maybe you need some lessons on how to keep your underwear clean, its obvious your bad at that isn’t it”. I don’t remember what my response was, but it was rather clear it wasn’t acceptable. In the same defensive tone she said, “was I seeing things was I, I know what I saw, stand up and let’s see who’s lying”.

• Wow
I'm not surprised you had a lot more up close and personal check given what's going on in the middle east

Reactions: Diprs2, Lurker247, Edgewater and 1 other person
Airborne532 said:
Its unrelated to Airport scanner or luggage inspections, but I had an interesting experience during a medical checkup for a job when I was about 27. The work had some possible health risks involved, so regular medicals were required, of which I had a number of previously. Thinking it was just going to be a standard medical I made a booking in the afternoon, so I could go home immediately after.

Everything seemed ok until the young attractive doctor began the medical, with the first instruction to remove my clothes. That was immediately embarrassing, as the rather pretty doctor had aroused me. my first reaction was to question why it was necessary, which came with a very direct response. The next embarrassment was the state of my underwear, which looked like they had been left on an airport runway, right were the aircraft wheels contact the ground. The front looked like they had been used to mop up fuel leaks, from a careless refueler.

As the medical continued the checks she did were much more detailed than I had ever had before. When I questioned her why it was different to others, the doctor said in a very defensive tone something like, “I do mine how they are supposed to be done, are you an expert, I don t think so”. She then got a medical book, opened it to the relevant section, and literally made me read it, getting quite aggressive when she suspected I wasn’t reading it.

She then lectured me on the state of my underwear, with the opening statement something like, “maybe you need some lessons on how to keep your underwear clean, its obvious your bad at that isn’t it”. I don’t remember what my response was, but it was rather clear it wasn’t acceptable. In the same defensive tone she said, “was I seeing things was I, I know what I saw, stand up and let’s see who’s lying”.
Rude doctor was she middle eastern weird why so aggressive and defensive 🤔

furry121 said:
Rude doctor was she middle eastern weird why so aggressive and defensive 🤔
No, she wasn’t. Seemed like she might have been fresh out of Uni and annoyed I had questioned her. when I finished reading through the checks in the medical book, she told me to never question her again. When she demanded I stand up to prove who was lying I had to stand there for what seemed like a very long time. It was probably my imagination but when I finally walked out it seemed like everyone in the waiting room was staring at me.

• Thinking
Airborne532 said:
No, she wasn’t. Seemed like she might have been fresh out of Uni and annoyed I had questioned her. when I finished reading through the checks in the medical book, she told me to never question her again. When she demanded I stand up to prove who was lying I had to stand there for what seemed like a very long time. It was probably my imagination but when I finally walked out it seemed like everyone in the waiting room was staring at me.
Maybe she was paying off med school by working as a dominatrix.

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, tiron101, JustMe and 1 other person
Back