Most “hands on” airport security experience to date

Have seen like attitudes, but zero interest in my body and only the blood tests and the resulting levels.

Reactions: Diprs2 and AttilaThePun
Edgewater said:
Have seen like attitudes, but zero interest in my body and only the blood tests and the resulting levels.
No scathing critiques of your underwear? 🤔🙂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
AttilaThePun said:
No scathing critiques of your underwear? 🤔🙂
My underwear have been diapers for 45 years, so no! only being a bit perplexed! A couple of years ago, I had one say: Oh, I saw the note that you were incontinent!

Edgewater said:
My underwear have been diapers for 45 years, so no! only being a bit perplexed! A couple of years ago, I had one say: Oh, I saw the note that you were incontinent!
We're you tempted to say, "Well, can't get anything past *you*, can I?"

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
AttilaThePun said:
We're you tempted to say, "Well, can't get anything past *you*, can I?"
Yes, I was!!

• Haha
Reactions: JustMe and AttilaThePun
AttilaThePun said:
Maybe she was paying off med school by working as a dominatrix.
I’m not sure but whatever her situation was I walked out of that medical center wishing I was a turtle, able to hide my head in my shell. I’m not sure if the people waiting for their appointments could actually hear, but it sure seemed like they did

This year I had to follow security after explaining my status. We went into a private room where I had to pull my pants down. Due to many delays at the at the airport the diaper was almost soaked by the time I was at security. I had planned to change after security as it was a long transatlantic flight and I wanted a fresh diaper as close to boarding as possible to avoid a change mid-flight. There was only a light push at my bottom to confirm there where no solid objects in there and that was all.

They both where friendly and apologized for having to check but thats just how it is. I replied that it's not the first time, it is no problem at all and that this is the price we all have to pay because of 2 religious dickheads. We wished each other a good day and that was it.

Although I do suspect I was a welcome candidate for showcasing a greenhorn the finer details of airport security checks. One of the two looked quite young and seemed a little nervous. ^^

Cheers

Last edited:
I wear an NRU STR8up with boosters for medical reasons, so none of this is new to me and I haven't been asked to remove my diaper (wet or dry) so they could scan it like I did at SFO a few times before COVID. I filed formal complaints and threatened legal each time. The last time did go to court and was settled out of court.

I recently flew out of Orlando in November - while checking in to the massive airport, I failed to enter the right terminal TWICE and had to go through security thrice (once to A, once to B, then back to A where I was supposed to be all along). The first time I had no issues beyond getting flagged for a quick pat down at the scanner, where I declared my diaper and possible wet status. A quick back of the hand patdown and I was done.

Then ten minutes later at another screening station at the other terminal, an older TSA agent held me back and sent me to private screening. Luckily, the supervisor just pulled me to the side 1:1 and patted me down thoroughly. This guy used the palm of his hand (which was a first and likely against policy). He even did a bit of a pinch and squeeze around the edges of my diaper in the lower crotch along my leak guard/thighs, which he then asked to confirm if I was wet o_O and that was surely a first. I just replied that it was probable and he let me go.

The third and final time I went through, again at the A gates, a young agent in his 20s went to pat me down. When he finished, he outright asked "Are you wearing a pamper?" - my cunning reply was "I prefer to call it a MANPER, sir. But yes I am wearing a diaper." Then he let me go and I barely made my flight.

There's no straight answer about rhyme or reason on how they select or flag objects on your body; As I've had soaked diapers get flagged and patted down before being sent on my merry way after a few swabs. Other times, I've had a dry diaper on that got flagged, then during the pat-down, it becomes a big enough ordeal to go to private screening if they can't clear me with a pat-down at the nude-o-scope. Most of the time in the back room, it's resolved by exposing the diaper or occasionally patting down without the clothing over it.

The agents are always more embarrassed about those ordeals than I am unless they ask me to remove it to go through the scanner before trashing it. Not sure what the logic is there. But I refused to leave the room in the past without applying another. This has led to escalation with the police on the first instance, and me wetting myself then and there while arguing on the second. You just need to be confident about your need to wear and remember you'll never see these security theater monkeys again unless you happen to cross paths at the same airport screening again.

Thanks for coming to my DX-TALK.

The weirdest things that the TSA does on me is they swab my wheelchair & seat cushion for explosive residue...as well as gunshot residue. 🫢:rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AttilaThePun and IncontinentBro
BobbiSueEllen said:
The weirdest things that the TSA does on me is they swab my wheelchair & seat cushion for explosive residue...as well as gunshot residue. 🫢:rolleyes:
The tragic thing about this is, there was most definitely a person who gave reason to this. One thing never dissapoints - the dissapointment that humanity is.

Cheers

Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun and BobbiSueEllen
HalMidLife said:
I’m sharing this to give folks an FYI about something I experienced a few days ago, and you might as well.

I travel by air quite often and have had a couple of “light” experiences with airport security, such as an examination of my kitbag (read: diaper and other things bag) and an agent lightly brushing against my outer butt cheek during a check, but this was definitely next level.

I was catching a connecting flight to the US from Canada, and had been wearing the same diaper for about 6 hours at this point, sitting a lot and probably sweating a bit too. Anyway, here is what happened:

I went through the full body scan machine, the lady said “I’ll need to do this one more time”, and then she said “hmm….do you have anything in your back pocket?”. I was 99% sure what the issue was, so I said “no, but I am wearing an adult diaper”. She said, pleasantly, ”That explains it”. I thought that was it….but she then called another agent over, said a few words to him. He called me over and said “I will need to do a quick physical contact examination, so I‘m letting you know I will be touching you on your back side, and my supervisor will monitor the examination”. It was about 5-8 seconds of full on contact, up and down my backside. And all of this was out in the main security area. In hindsight, I’m sure I could have requested a more private location, but I was running kinda late and to be honest, in the moment, it all happened very fast, and I was more surprised than bothered or embarrassed.

Anyway, as mentioned, I’m just sharing this as an FYI that if you’re travelling, this can happen. it’s probably best to try and change before going through security. I would have had at least a few ounces of pee by this time, plus some sweat, so that’s probably enough to come up in the scan. On the way back. I made sure to change in the airport washroom and had no issues.
i change just before going through security, and also have TSA pre check which is normally just a metal detector. best not to use powder and don't have powder in your carry on that gets flagged.

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, BobbiSueEllen and AttilaThePun
BobbiSueEllen said:
There goes the infamous drive-by shooter and mad bomber extraordinaire, BobbiSueEllen! 🎶They see me rollin', they hatin'🎵

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, diaperkool and BobbiSueEllen
AttilaThePun said:
There goes the infamous drive-by shooter and mad bomber extraordinaire, BobbiSueEllen! 🎶They see me rollin', they hatin'🎵
"Cuz my diaper's white and dirty, cuz my diaper's white and dirty..." 🤣🥳

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, IncontinentBro and 1 other person
blueberry said:
Scanners do not pick up moisture folks, that is a very common overly stated myth. Scanners are looking for bulk. I’ve been flagged in wet diapers, in dry diapers, and everything in between. Although I guess one could argue the more wet you are the bulkier you are but moisture has nothing to do with it. I’ve flown many times and it seems that the thicker the diaper the higher likelihood I get flagged. The op’s experience doesn’t sound very pleasant but in all honesty not going into a private area was likely in there best interest. I’ve been pulled aside to a private room and asked to show the tsa agents my diaper. I declined and they opted to swab the waistband of my diaper and use a small metal detector all over the area. I was not about to pull my pants down and expose my padding in all its glory to a couple of dudes. This was in the Charlotte NC airport.
It isn’t the moisture that gets picked up… I’ve been told that all the wet gel in hygiene products shows up in the same colour as drugs on the body scanners.

• Wow
Reactions: DLWee, AttilaThePun and BobbiSueEllen
Just gone through a big EU airport for an intercontinental flight. I was dry (I realise it's a luxury to be able to do that) but very nervous. Especially as the 2 people the other side of the scanning machine were pretty young women. I passed through unharmed except she swapped my hands and fingers for drugs? explosives? Then they also swabbed the handle of my carry-on bag.
My second padded flight.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Last month, an airport in Florida, their body scanner flagged me. I learned back in 2016 that going through a body scanner in a wet diaper, soaked diaper triggers it and they do a cloth swipe on you then let you go. This last time, they had me stand off to the side and the young TSA agent showed me a screen next to the scanner that had an outline of a body and there was a red square covering the crotch area. He said the system flagged that area and he explained what type of pat down he had to do. I told him I was wearing a diaper and then he offered if I wanted to go into a private area but since it was just an external pat down I didn't care and told him thank you for doing his job and what he needs/has to do. I wasn't very wet at all so they must have set the sensitivity level higher. As for my carry on diaper bag, the only thing in it was diapers and one change of clothes. No liquids or even wipes because I wanted to get through as easy as possible. Also, I didn't wear a onsie or belt, didn't want anything metal setting off any alarms.

Rule of thumb, act normal because it's normal. Your not the first one that has been checked and won't be the last one either. Respect they have a job to do and don't give them any hassle of any kind and things should go smooth and you will be on your way.

Reactions: HalMidLife
HalMidLife said:
I’m sharing this to give folks an FYI about something I experienced a few days ago, and you might as well.

I travel by air quite often and have had a couple of “light” experiences with airport security, such as an examination of my kitbag (read: diaper and other things bag) and an agent lightly brushing against my outer butt cheek during a check, but this was definitely next level.

I was catching a connecting flight to the US from Canada, and had been wearing the same diaper for about 6 hours at this point, sitting a lot and probably sweating a bit too. Anyway, here is what happened:

I went through the full body scan machine, the lady said “I’ll need to do this one more time”, and then she said “hmm….do you have anything in your back pocket?”. I was 99% sure what the issue was, so I said “no, but I am wearing an adult diaper”. She said, pleasantly, ”That explains it”. I thought that was it….but she then called another agent over, said a few words to him. He called me over and said “I will need to do a quick physical contact examination, so I‘m letting you know I will be touching you on your back side, and my supervisor will monitor the examination”. It was about 5-8 seconds of full on contact, up and down my backside. And all of this was out in the main security area. In hindsight, I’m sure I could have requested a more private location, but I was running kinda late and to be honest, in the moment, it all happened very fast, and I was more surprised than bothered or embarrassed.

Anyway, as mentioned, I’m just sharing this as an FYI that if you’re travelling, this can happen. it’s probably best to try and change before going through security. I would have had at least a few ounces of pee by this time, plus some sweat, so that’s probably enough to come up in the scan. On the way back. I made sure to change in the airport washroom and had no issues.
Wow, I didn't know that a eet nappy would trigger an alert! I often get wanded and patted and have my baggage checked even when I am not wearing!

I went through security and a young guy felt my butts . this was an experience

• Wow
Reactions: checkingoutall and BobbiSueEllen
I know I just posted on this thread a few months ago about how I've never really had a bad experience at an airport with TSA and diapers, but I HAVE AN UPDATE!! Ha.

And I wouldn't really call this a BAD experience, just the most "invasive" one yet, so I post as an FYI for all. Just yesterday I had to fly out for a work trip, and got to the airport way early as I always do just in case, and to grab a casual bite/beer on the company dime before takeoff hehe. Anyway, going through TSA, I noticed my diaper was wet (wearing a Betterdry, my new go-to- granted, this was the first time I had flown with them), but I didn't think much of it since I had gone through with wet diapers before and usually it just takes a simple explanation of "I'm wearing a diaper for incontinence, and it's probably wet, so that's what you're feeling" and I move on if they flag it.
For some reason, this time, that wasn't good enough. They called a supervisor over and I explained the situation a third time, but he said he had to do a detailed pat-down. So I requested a private room, for only the second time, thinking it would go similarly to the experience I posted about earlier. So we go in, he does the pat down, tests gloves, etc. and still says "I can tell it's a diaper but I'm just not comfortable clearing it because of the bulge; you know, people try to conceal stuff..." So I asked "well what do we do from here?"
And he said "Well, are you comfortable showing me the diaper?" I said "Ok", figuring he just needed to be sure I was telling the truth about what I was wearing. So I pulled the front of my shorts down a bit to show him the waistband. And then he said.... "Actually I'd need to see the whole thing- would you mind removing your pants completely?"
I do NOT usually mouth off to authority figures- just figure it's not worth it. But I sort of exclaimed: "Wouldn't that be akin to asking to see someone's underwear? Is that really necessary?" First time I felt embarrassed by my diapers in a while, especially since my diaper was wet and there were two male TSA agents in this room with me.
The supervisor actually seemed apologetic and was like "Well we don't get that sort of thing often so it's just unusual that's all- I mean it's a private room and we're all professionals here."
Seeing no choice, and deciding it wasn't that big of thing, I just pulled my shorts down, totally exposing my diaper, and the yellowish hue of the wetness in the crotch for all to see... lovely. The TSA supervisor patted me down again, both sides of my diaper, and said 'thank you' and let me go after that. I was feeling antsy that they would actually make me change my diaper right there, as I've heard horror stories about that. But it didn't go that far.

But WOW. Clearly some more training in the area of medical devices is necessary for TSA.

Anyone else have an experience like this?

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: checkingoutall, Lostdiapersboy and Edgewater
Uh, puggles: was there a second person in the room? What the TSAer was demanding of you requires a second person present, whether another TSAer, a random medical person or a traveling companion along with you.

Reactions: Edgewater
Back