Is anyone else having the same issues with ABU diapers?

puffyfluffyfoxo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
To start things out, i like ABU as a compony. super friendly people, and good customer support. But as much as i love their designs, recently ive been having major issues with their products. (Abu dinorawrz, simple ultra and peekabu) I may be nitpicking but ive noticed their products have become much less soft, and are a lot flimsier than I can remember them being a year or 2 ago. The tapes seem to be tearing off much much easier, and the plastic and cloth interior is scratchy and uncomfortable. The diapers are also becoming extremely thin, and dont seem to be as thick and fluffy or wide anymore. Below i have a few examples of tape failures and justcomparing the width to bambinos and tykables.

Attachments

• 20220930_141900.jpg
    20220930_141900.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • 20220930_142327.jpg
    20220930_142327.jpg
    993.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220930_142334.jpg
    20220930_142334.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 79
I've had that happen frequently with the DinoRawrz, but not with any of their other products.

That's not good. The vast majority of what I buy are from ABU. I've had a bad pack before where the tapes rip off easily, it could be a bad batch. I would let them know.

As for the diapers being thin, it might have a lot to do with compression within the pack. I always have to fluff mine pretty good, otherwise they feel thin and stiff making them uncomfortable.

I just bought a case from ABU recently and I'm still going through my old stock. We'll see once I get into the new ones if I'm having similar issues.

Reactions: TigerDL
puffyfluffyfoxo said:
To start things out, i like ABU as a compony. super friendly people, and good customer support. But as much as i love their designs, recently ive been having major issues with their products. (Abu dinorawrz, simple ultra and peekabu) I may be nitpicking but ive noticed their products have become much less soft, and are a lot flimsier than I can remember them being a year or 2 ago. The tapes seem to be tearing off much much easier, and the plastic and cloth interior is scratchy and uncomfortable. The diapers are also becoming extremely thin, and dont seem to be as thick and fluffy or wide anymore. Below i have a few examples of tape failures and justcomparing the width to bambinos and tykables.
Yes I had 5 diapers out of the bag of dinorawrz that tabs were completely off of the diaper in the morning, one worked really well and i totally enjoyed the diaper, but not buying anymore, way to expensive to have that happen to most of the bag, bought 300 dollars worth of Rearz today!

puffyfluffyfoxo said:
they were my daily drivers for so long but the lil paws have pinholes and inbetween sizing issues and the peekabus shot up an extra 36$ for less abdorbancy than rearz cabooses 🤷🏻‍♀️ for now im hooked on them till the "Little Kings" stops going outta stock for months, they ate probz overwhelmed but my best answer is different machines, coz ill order 40 peeks and 20 will be buttery smooth and the other 20 will be scratchy

Reactions: odd1inSyde
MASONJAR said:
they were my daily drivers for so long but the lil paws have pinholes and inbetween sizing issues and the peekabus shot up an extra 36$ for less abdorbancy than rearz cabooses 🤷🏻‍♀️ for now im hooked on them till the "Little Kings" stops going outta stock for months, they ate probz overwhelmed but my best answer is different machines, coz ill order 40 peeks and 20 will be buttery smooth and the other 20 will be scratchy
Yeah seriously - the Little King/AlphaGatorz drought is bad! I haven't reordered in a while because I don't want to reorder and then have them suddenly restock!

puffyfluffyfoxo said:
I haven't had these issues no, I buy their Space and White Classics. I have however had issues where the actual landing strip film tears when sitting down before. I would send these pics to them and complain as that is not what they are known for.

Reactions: Cottontail
I had that happen with an entire case of Bunny Hopps and I have to say, I reached out to them and the customer service that they gave could not have been any better. They really get it and are serious about taking care of their customers. I even got a follow up from Casey to make sure I was taken care of. I would shoot them an email and tell them what you are experiencing. Also @ABUMichaelUK is on here and super active and helpful!

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL, guest and Cottontail
I use abu simple ultra, bare bum and little paws. I have yet to have any fail in any way and I use them aggressively when I do use them.

I notice this with the diapers I use the very goof diaper except the tapes rip way to easily haven't even taped the diaper yet just getting prepared to I guess that is how diapers are they are expensive but the tapes and quility are garbarge

I have lots of ABU diapers and never had a tape rip off.
Just shooting from the hip here...maybe, just maybe, you're putting them on too tight. I know that some ppl here love their diapers super tight but sometimes too tight is just...well...too freaking tight.
I also think along with the introduction of SAP diapers require less padding which will result in a thinner diaper.
Also with supply chain issues thinner more inferior products might be used to make products. Plastics might be thinner. Less glue being used.
Let's be glad they are still producing AB diapers because if and when the shit hits the fan necessities will be produced before luxury items. Medical brand and infant diaper companies will get precedent over AB products. AB diaper companies might have stop production.

odd1inSyde said:
Yeah seriously - the Little King/AlphaGatorz drought is bad! I haven't reordered in a while because I don't want to reorder and then have them suddenly restock!
Ive been waiting months for rearz to restock their camelots. Ended up just getting the overnights and love those.

RawryCub said:
That's not good. The vast majority of what I buy are from ABU. I've had a bad pack before where the tapes rip off easily, it could be a bad batch. I would let them know.

As for the diapers being thin, it might have a lot to do with compression within the pack. I always have to fluff mine pretty good, otherwise they feel thin and stiff making them uncomfortable.

I just bought a case from ABU recently and I'm still going through my old stock. We'll see once I get into the new ones if I'm having similar issues.
I try fluffing them but the SAP just clumps or breaks up into peices. They just seem to be thinner than usual.

Nowididit said:
I have lots of ABU diapers and never had a tape rip off.
Just shooting from the hip here...maybe, just maybe, you're putting them on too tight. I know that some ppl here love their diapers super tight but sometimes too tight is just...well...too freaking tight.
I also think along with the introduction of SAP diapers require less padding which will result in a thinner diaper.
Also with supply chain issues thinner more inferior products might be used to make products. Plastics might be thinner. Less glue being used.
Let's be glad they are still producing AB diapers because if and when the shit hits the fan necessities will be produced before luxury items. Medical brand and infant diaper companies will get precedent over AB products. AB diaper companies might have stop production.
Its weird. I dont think im pulling them tight at all. Im a really skinny guy too so theres a lot of slack. Though most of the ABU diapers ive had, usually had several diapers in each pack with at least 1 tape that would fail.

Reactions: odd1inSyde
iv had a couple of tabs come off from each pack that iv got the last year. usually fine though.

That happened to one of the 4 tape Bunnyhopps trials I ordered a while back. Never happened to any of the Dinorawrz I’ve had though and they’re one of my favorite diapers. I would definitely reach out to their amazing customer service about it.

puffyfluffyfoxo said:
maybe message abu and let them know what happened

Please do raise a ticket on www.abucares.com, defective products do happen sometimes and we will fix it.

Reactions: TigerDL, guest and limeadethief
ABUMichaelUK said:
Please do raise a ticket on www.abucares.com, defective products do happen sometimes and we will fix it.
Unlikely. We've been complaining about the SDK's for years now without any changes to make them better. In fact they have made them worse. Recent products have come from the manufacturer defective and we still end up paying full price until the batch is gone. PeekABU's are thinner and leakier now than the earlier versions. The second run of AlphaGators and LittleKings came to us with far less dense padding and less absorbency to match. ABU's quality control has been failing for the last 10 years or so and the fact that we end up paying full price for a diaper that they know is defective just puts icing on the cake. And that's not a cake I want to eat.

Back