incontnence stories

PCBaby said:
Congenital spinal stenosis have been bladder IC since birth and was doubly incontinent until I had surgery at 14. I did have a slightly dryer spell for about 9 years but even then had to use a pad at night and still had daytime accidents so always kept a glass of water or coke handy to "accidentally" spill in my lap.
Now have the congenital problem, 3 fractured vertebrae in the lumbar spine, another Stenosis at the base of spine and also cauda equine waiting for Spinal surgery, which won't help the incontinence but could leave me doubly IC again or at worse paralysed from the waist down.

whilst nursery and infants schools back in the late 50's early 60's were set up for minor accidents Junior School (7 -11) and senior school (11 -16) were absolute hell.
wow I fully get that, being IC is roughest at school I myself had plenty of bullies who would comment if meanly about my diapers. many kids can be mean but if they see you now I would think they would probably regret being mean now, I guess

Reactions: Diprs2
Born with an overactive bladder and bowel. Grew up bathroom mapping and had numerous embarrassing accidents. Things got worse in my early 20's with drug use that led to anxiety disease and sports injuries that led to back pain and spinal stenosis. Used to wet the bed occasionally as a child, but began wetting almost every night at roughly 26. The last straw was a bad case of kidney stones at 36. After that I just couldn't hold it for more than a few seconds. I've seen numerous doctors and tried everything short of surgery. I pee an average of 18 times a day and poop an average of 3 times a day.

I was potty trained late and I always liked diapers, so I was in diapers a lot when I was little. Other then that back in 2001 in June, my pickup truck was t-boned by a semi he fell asleep at the wheel and I did not walk away. So after I was in the hospital for about 6 months, 11 surgery's, countless doctors, multiple broken bones, collapsed lung and a lot of therapy like learning to walk again. Now when I feel that I have to pee I feel it and then it's coming out so too late, bowel uummm in the beginning I could make it the restroom and know I can't and a ton of embarrassing accidents. So now I'm bladder and bowel incontinent. A lot of people know about it which is kind of embarrassing, but people are cool with it now. So was kink of babied a lot, cause I couldn't do a lot and it stuck. Dating has been hard, like a lot of you know, but life goes on. Before the accident I was doing custom woodworking (now it's hobby), now I do CAD (computer-aided design).

Reactions: Diprs2, immp and NaranjaColor
I have a cluster of autoimmune diseases. I was diagnosed at 19 with ulcerative colitis, and had bloody diarrhea daily for many years. Sometime in there, I developed urinary frequency and they, but when I was using the bathroom 20 it more times a day because of my colitis it wasn't that noticable. In my late 20s I finally got the colitis calmed down somewhat, and that's when I realized the extent of my bladder issues. I put up with the frequency and pain for a few years before I finally saw a urologist, and my experience with the first one was so bad that it took me another ten years before I saw another one.

Finally, by about 2011, my problems were getting bad enough, with pain and accidents, that I found another urologist, and ended up with a diagnosis of interstitial cystitis. I'd had to start wearing diapers full time, and my new urologist was able to get things calmed down enough that I only need diapers maybe a third to half of the time. I'll go a few months with things going well, then I'll start having pain and urgency again and the accidents will start back up. Fortunately I get enough warning that things are headed downhill that I can start wearing diapers again before I have any accidents - at least that's always been the case so far.

My bladder inflammation seems tied in with my bowel inflammation, so that when my colitis is flaring is when my interstitial cystitis is hurting and when I start having incontinence episodes. I either feel pretty good, or my whole abdomen is on fire and I'm miserable. I'm fortunate that it doesn't get so bad that I can't work, although that point will come someday.

Reactions: Diprs2 and NaranjaColor
My incontinence is the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. I bled excessively after the surgery and then developed what started out as a urinary tract infection but which spread throughout my body and nearly killed me. After three months in hospital, I recovered, but my urinary control was permanently affected. I had to wear a diaper 24/7 through my first three years of high school. The urologist I was seeing recommend that I do what are now called Kegel exercises, and I was a fanatic about performing them. As a result, I got to the point that I could generally go without a daytime diaper during my last year of high school and throughout university and grad school. Things went on like that (nighttime diaper but not usually a daytime diaper) until I reached my forties, at which time my daytime continence deteriorated and I had to go back to wearing 24/7. I’m 77 years old now. So I’ve been dealing with diapers for some time. They’ve become a routine part of life that no longer bothers or embarrasses me. I really appreciate the development of modern high-capacity disposals. They make living an almost normal life much easier.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Pino
Inconinmiss. i know the feeling, when i was in the childrens home we had to use cloth nappies and waterproof pants and some of the early adult nappies were terrible, but they are a lot better now. I'm 64 and apart from a period of about 9 years where my daytime IC wasn't too bad I've been more or less 24'7 for most of my life.

Inconinmiss said:
They’ve become a routine part of life that no longer bothers or embarrasses me. I really appreciate the development of modern high-capacity disposals. They make living an almost normal life much easier.

I, too, appreciate the modern high-capacity disposables. Though I do use cloth quite a bit, disposables definitely have their place in my repertoire. I also appreciate those of you who had to deal with IC issues in a time where cloth and plastic pants was the only option - especially throughout school. I can't imagine the bullying I would have gotten in school had I been in a bulky cloth diaper. Cheers to all of you who lived through it!

urolegistand I been diagnosed as IC yet but I just started wetting in my sleep the night before last. There has been a few times in the past that I have wet the bed and then diapered myself to protect the bed for a few nights and not have wet again. But this time I actually had a diaper on just for fun and comfort and it was wet when I woke up. So last night I wore a diaper and didn't expect to be wet this morning but I was soaked. The first night I wrote it off as I had a dream where I was hiking a stopped to take a leak behind a tree off the path. I don't usually remember dreams so it made sense. I remember no dreams from last night. I've been doing some internet searches today and It seems I need to get to a urologist. I've had type 2 diabetes for probably 20 years but it's always been controlled with drugs and diet. I have to admit I haven't been monitoring it well lately mostly due to moving and misplacing the meter. I also have sleep apnea which I have had maybe 15 years. These are two things that have come up in several searches. I just had my annual physical early December with no issues. A1C was under 7.0 by .20 everything else was normal. I am due for the colonoscopy so I guess this will put a little more urgency on that.

I guess I just wanted to vent a little. Thanks for reading and I will be definitely be wearing my diapers to bed every night until dry .....at least for 3 nights in a row (or so)

Annalise said:
urolegistand I been diagnosed as IC yet but I just started wetting in my sleep the night before last. There has been a few times in the past that I have wet the bed and then diapered myself to protect the bed for a few nights and not have wet again. But this time I actually had a diaper on just for fun and comfort and it was wet when I woke up. So last night I wore a diaper and didn't expect to be wet this morning but I was soaked. The first night I wrote it off as I had a dream where I was hiking a stopped to take a leak behind a tree off the path. I don't usually remember dreams so it made sense. I remember no dreams from last night. I've been doing some internet searches today and It seems I need to get to a urologist. I've had type 2 diabetes for probably 20 years but it's always been controlled with drugs and diet. I have to admit I haven't been monitoring it well lately mostly due to moving and misplacing the meter. I also have sleep apnea which I have had maybe 15 years. These are two things that have come up in several searches. I just had my annual physical early December with no issues. A1C was under 7.0 by .20 everything else was normal. I am due for the colonoscopy so I guess this will put a little more urgency on that.

I guess I just wanted to vent a little. Thanks for reading and I will be definitely be wearing my diapers to bed every night until dry .....at least for 3 nights in a row (or so)

So, as it turns out it's been 3 dry nights in a row since my last wetness. I've gone through this worry/concern with the past instances and been fine but I'm reluctant to go without a diaper every night this time. Aaarrrg. I usually continue wearing until I feel safe.

Born incontinent, and it's been embarrassing at some points, even if no one found out.

Annalise said:

Have you tried a lowe carb diet it is very good for tipe two diabetes. It could be worth while trying for a month or two. It definitely works well for weight loss.

My wife and I have been doing the low carbs for awhile now. But there was the holidays and some bad choices made. I need to find my meter and get back on it in monitoring my levels. Not only does having to wear pose some issues but it kinda takes away some of the fun in roll play interactions.

I had a cervical fusion a few years back which led to mild night wetting. It's mostly resolved, so I don't identify as incon though.

I’m only night time incontinent, started a couple years ago due to my poor diabetes controll! Would wake a lot to wee then I just stopped waking and going while asleep! Go forward 2 years and I’m 32 wearing a incont slip to bed every night to protect me and my partner! Not great. But could be worse.

I was incontinent since birth. I had a plastic sheet on the bed and wore plastic pants .I had to stand in the living room at night , dad would undress me, put vasolin on me so I'd not get sore and I'd have to wear underwear reserved just for wetting the bed then plastic pants on top. They'd always leak and the sheet would get wet every night. It would be propped up with a stick under It like a tent to dry it and as it was only changed once a week and if it was still wet I'd have to sleep on it.
When I was older and too big for the plastic pants I had to wear two Lots of underwear to help soak it up. I dunno why as it didn't make any difference.

They did try medicine, they tried not giving drinks after a certain time, they tried getting me up before they went to sleep. Dad would make my bed, call me up stairs, get me in, go into make their bed, have a smoke on his pipe then go back down stairs and come up to bed an hour or so later. When he came up he'd get me up. Half the time i was already wet. Then he started to get me up in the middle of the night if I was still dry, most of the time, 99 per cent of the time I was already wet so I don't know why he bothered , at first he got me up and changed the bed but after so long I was just left in it wet to go back to sleep. If I woke up if in a wet bed I'd just do it bed.
The winters were cold and we had no central heating so i didnt see the point of getting out of an already wet bed to use the toilet. I think that's were future habits were instilled.
At about 12 I started to read at night and I'd stay awake after dad had gone to bed. When it came to winter it was so cold I didn't want to get up. I thought I'm going to wet anyway so I may as well do it bed. That was the first time I wet on purpose. It happened now and again after that about once a month. Then when I reached maturity id wet on purpose one night but instead of going to sleep decided to have some fun. From then on I associated wetting the bed with adult pleasure. I started to wet on purpose almost every night . I'd drink as much as possible, I'd hide a glass of water behind the curtain In the bathroom to pour down the toilet so dad would think I'd been before I went to bed then I'd wait for him to go down stairs and wet straight away. Then one night I thought he'd gone down stairs and he hadn't, he said come on you can go again before I go back downstairs, I had to pull the cover back and show him I'd already wet. It was so embarrassing. He said you've done that in purpose , you've not been to sleep yet, that's it in not getting you up again, if you want to piss the bed on purpose you carry on. And I did, I drank as much as possible before bed . I was only on a sheet on a plastic sheet so I was laying in a puddle. The pillow would get soaked my hair would be soaked. I'd be drying the bed with a towel in the morning and going back to bed on wet sheets . It was minutes before I wet it again so it made no difference.
Then I suddenly realised I'd never get a girlfriend if wet the bed. I tried to stop. After a few months I suddenly started to get dry nights and more and more until I stopped.
When I was 18 I borrowed an adult film . It showed a woman drinking then peeing over the man during the act. I was shocked then intrigued and started to think I wonder if I could find a woman that's into that. My first girlfriend wasn't into that but was willing and unde5standing . The second about ten years on was different. I was explaing to her about my liking for getting wet and how it had come about, the childhood bedwetting and how i now occasionally still wet the bed. She responded by telling me she too had wet the bed since childhood and she too had often wet on purpose as she couldn't be bothered to get out of bed and still did occasionally have accidents and wet on purpose.
We started a relationship , obviously a very wet one where it was very much involved in our love making, then we'd sleep in the wet bed and if we work up we'd go in bed. It got to the point where she wanted to wet every night though, I didn't as I didn't know if I'd be able to go back to being dry . I'd read that purposely wetting every night whilst asleep can cause permanent regular incontenance We split up in the end which was a shame.

The girl I was last with was very much not in to it and tried to make me feel dirty when I did have accidents but didn't go on about it.
I still wet the bed , just not every night I still don't wear anything , just a pad and plastic sheet. If anyone asks I tell them the truth. And I still wet on purpose sometimes too. It's my bed and I'll wet if I want to.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Wetshisbed
I am incontinent for seven month now, i am 45, so it is brand new to me.

In one week i will have got my video urodynamic (UDM) to find the exact reason, could be my Polyneuropathy or my lower spine injury i got when i was 25 years old, or both. Back than i landed hard on an ankle after a really good O-Soto-Guruma (Judo), but i never saw a doctor for that, just started with yoga for the pain but never stopped fighting really. It all started some weeks after i broke my rib-bow during a fight and could not move for weeks - so no yoga and a lot of back pain on top. The overactive bladder i had already for three years, but no accidents.

The MRT showed a lot of problems in my lower spine, but my PNP got worse either - we will see.

My symptoms are like OAB or urge incontinence, looks like i have got a decreased central inhibition of the micturition reflex - simple: The signal from the brain to the bladder is out of order.

Last edited:
Mine is due to a sensory problem I was born with (likely as part of my autism). Some internal senses don't work as well for me. My stomach just sends an undifferentiated error, could be thirst, hunger or nausea, and I have to figure out which it is by trial and error. With my bladder, the problem is, that when I concentrate on something, I don't notice my bladder until it is close to bursting. In school, this wasn't too much of a problem, since lessons were 45min long, and I could check in with my bladder between lessons and use the toilet.
Later as I got to university, especially during exams, 2-3h exams became common, and the need to ask to go to the toilet made things so bad, that all I could do is cramp things shut. The next problem was, that once I was on the toilet, it sometimes took 30min or more to relax to finally be able to empty my bladder. So at first I started wearing diapers for exams, then also for revision, and long assignments. I sometimes went 24/7 for a month or two, but shame would always make me stop and go back to only wearing during exams and long assignments.

As I got close to my Masters degree, the time I was expected to do experiments and work on my own, for hours at a time, increased. The problem got a lot worse, and I finally decided to wear diapers 24/7. That time I started accepting them as a tool to help me manage that problem. I also noticed all the mental energy I've spent worrying about my bladder, frequently querying the feeling to see if I should go to the toilet, or could last a bit longer, when I wasn't working on something. The use of ADHD meds also made my concentration deeper. Since distractions had sometimes helped me notice my bladder before it became bad, the problem was of course compounded by my ability to concentrate better. I also noticed that they helped with a negative sensation I've always had about my crotch, which I later identified to be gender dysphoria.

So, yep, I could have probably managed without. However choosing diapers over other, more distracting methods of managing that problem, was the right decision in my opinion, because I'm left with more spoons.

Reactions: Diprs2, Haveagr8life and Wettiguy
I had an accident when I was young (broke my neck and had a severe brain traumatism) that left me non verbal quadriplegic with total urinary incontinence.

Injured my cervical spine, in a truck accident involving a road washout in Alaska, which resulted in some IC, especially after my fusion surgery. This increased dramatically when I had a medication induced seizure nearly 6 years ago.

Back