I'm pro nuclear power.

I’ve seen some cool solar plants online that were a mix of a bunch of parabola mirrors pointed to a sterling engine generator

Last edited:
PamperedBabyBear said:
I think even the aliens might complain about it lol
I have been to that museum

Li-6 + H-2 -> 2 He-4 + 22.4 MeV 💥

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ShyBoo81 and PamperedBabyBear
Funny part about nuclear waste, is there is far less hard radioactive waste, vs the amount that picks up one isotope from being in the hot side doing maintenance. Also pwr reactors are the way to go, I do not like working on bwr setups.

Reactions: dogboy
Imagine smoking a cigar and only smoking 5 percent of it and throwing the rest of it away that is basically what they do with current reactors

I wish battery technology would away from lithium . I know our phones use it usually is stable in them . Lithium poly batteries are dangerous . My drone years ago I ended getting a steel box just to store the battery because of lithium polymer. Electric cars I’m not against them I just think the current battery technology they are using right now is so dangerous. One of my drone batteries went bad because it went out of balance really easy. Electric car fires, drone fires , vape fires, electric “hover” board fires , the common denominator is always that unstable lithium battery.

I may end up adding a lithium battery to my solar generator but if I do have a dedicated spot for it I would build a brick spot just for that battery outside . I would not trust it inside a house

Last edited:
I saw a thin film solar panel that was nice a year or so ago . It was nice very portable light bendable .

PamperedBabyBear said:
I saw a thin film solar panel that was nice a year or so ago . It was nice very portable light bendable .
At a commuter station in London they fitted thin film panels, during station refurbishment, to the canopies of the platforms, It meant they did not have to structurally enhance the the existing buildng, the panels themselves were more resilient to having things dropped on them (e.g. stones by birds!) and they could run all of the services in the station with out recouse to gird power - the system was battery backed as well.

LittleAndAlone said:
Li-6 + H-2 -> 2 He-4 + 22.4 MeV 💥
Sadly, to do that for more than infinitesimal fractions of seconds, you need the gravity and temperature of a large star.

Back