If you could get rid of your AB/DL, would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I have a husband who accepts it and I can wear them 24/7 and it's not a problem in my family.

I'm not quite certain. I feel like if I were given the opportunity, maybe I would. But if I were asked a year ago or so it would have been a yes.

I would definitely like to get rid of the sexual side of my abdl desires, but not all other aspect of being an abdl. I really enjoy being an abdl for the comfort, security, and innocence that wearing diapers gives me. Unfortunately for me the side effects of wearing is that I sometimes get turned on from my male parts touching against the padding. It gets so uncomfortable when that happens, and my urges grow so strong that I end up doing my business to satisfy myself. Afterwards it becomes hard for me to get relaxed. The worst part is that all the comfort, security, and innocence I get from wearing goes away completely. :sad: Im new to being an abdl and just started wearing diapers recently so hope I can learn to better control myself down the road.

I feel comfortable saying that not at any point in my life would I have ever gotten rid of my ab/dl desires.

There are many things in life I love but none that bring on the same kind of happiness and excitement that I get from being an ab/dl.

I have never felt guilty about being an ad/dl, I've only worried that someone could find out, which a few have but still its well worth it to me.

I feel the need to add onto what I said. I don't want it to seem like I hate this part of myself or don't accept who I am. I actually love this part of myself and I've enjoyed it immensely pretty much all my life. It's brought me tons of joy and excitement and pure happiness over the years and I look back on all of that fondly. It's also brought a lot of stress and embarrassment to my life, as well as dented my relationship with my dad, but that's in the past. For me this is strictly a matter of convenience. If this wasn't my sole sexual desire, I'd absolutely answer no to this question. Then again, like dogboy said, it's very possible that my desires could change in the near future as sexuality isn't always set in stone (especially at my age). Hopefully in a year I'll be able to say "I would have said no a year ago".

- - - Updated - - -

LunaCat said:
I think it has likely softened some of my natural judgmental aspects.
I know exactly what you mean. It's a pretty humbling experience.

Well, you're pretty young so I wouldn't worry about it. You still have a lot of time to figure this out. I belive that no matter how strange you may feel you are, there is always someone who'll be perfect for you. The world is full of weird people :)

Maybe when I was a very young child, I would have preferred to be "more" like other kids, but then I hadn't a clue what secrets they were hiding (gay, cross-dressing, acute masturbators, fetishes, etc.)

Once I hit puberty, and my diaper desires merged with my budding sexuality, I was all in. Honestly, playing in slippery Gerber's was the best thing I ever discovered, as a teenager. It relieved my desires (temporarily), allowed me to practice humping, and was just a plus-plus experience. The worst part was the guilty pleasure I felt, for having found something in the baby aisle that gave me constant woodies. My heart would flutter, and I'd get lightheaded, and, honestly, the combination of all these effects was something I looked forward to, not away from. I still had desires for women, and still got wood from other stuff, but diapers were definitely my touchstone, from then on. It was more my realization that they had merged with my soul, at a very young age, that allowed me to be accepting of this liilte kink into my adult life. Would I want to change that? No, they're my unique badge of honor/dishonor, and I'm totally cool with how they make me feel, all padded (down there), a.bit out of control, and a bit like I require protective clothing to live my life. I love it, and will/would never give it up. It's all me!

No, I am this way for a reason. I feel that getting rid of my DL part of me would forever alter me and I doubt it would make my life any better. What would replace this?

Not really being interested in girls has nothing to do with being an AB/DL. It is merely part of some people's path. Like Dogboy said, some people need the right lady to spark their interest. So far, I have only met a couple who have sparked my curiosity. At this point, only two shined bright enough to catch my attention; neither kept my focus. Which is better? Chasing after every girl or waiting for the special one? My preference is waiting.

What is done in diapers and what is done out of diapers can be the same thing. Once a person figures out how to work their personal equipment, it is hard to forget the experience and stop doing it. Once someone has had sex, they are going to want to do it again. Repeatedly. Not liking diapers and desiring girls will leave a guy frustrated and alone until he finds the right girl. Enjoying diapers looks like a better option. Much more sanitary than some other methods people use. Diapers are actually designed to absorb and contain bodily fluids. Seems like a healthy outlet for the time.

Emotional closeness and companionship requires a close relationship. These do not happen with anyone. Neither does sex. For me, I must develop a close friendship before being able to hug a person without it feeling awkward and forced. I do not feel that my lack of interest in sex, emotional closeness, and companionship is because I am a DL. It is instead because these things require a special person to grow them in me. Just like a person who wanted good hugs from me and encouraged them, these other things can be grown by the right person. I just have not found her yet.

Yes, I receive security, comfort, and pleasure from wearing diapers. I am also not really interested in women or having sex. No, I would not get rid of this. What would replace it?

This is a difficult question since the thing that makes me really happy is to be and AB. But it has also caused me a lot of problems, mainly because it is sexual-related to me. I was married for many years but I separated recently because my sexual life was non-existent. So, I guess that if I could completely forget about diapers, I would choose to get rid of this.

At my age, I know that I couldn't give my diapers up. My wife was very understanding about my wanting to 3-4 times a week until her passing, I had a great DL life. having support in my DL lifestyle I feel has helped me cope with a lot of crap that would have driven me coo-coo at times. Since my wife's passing, I feel close to her each and every time I diaper up, I feel that they are helping me to cope with the trial and tribulations that I see every day, with her blessing. so my answer is a big fat "NO".

Last edited:
I always find this a curious question, especially when it is tagged with (oh and you would have no recollection of ever having those desires) Well, honestly, I guess I might prefer not to be ABDL, but then again, I have absolutely no other experience to compare it to.......... So would I change who I am?.... probably not. I'm a long ways from perfect, but mostly I really like who I am, and most people I know think I'm a pretty ok guy (lol that might change if they spotted me in a diaper :( So I guess no is the answer...... would I change the negative perception associated with ABDL $@(& yeah in a heartbeat.

Truth is I've got no real idea what things, how or why other people get happiness so :dunno: status quo is OK

- - - Updated - - -

You know what.... I really like being a baby sometimes, when I can..... so it is a definite no. I'm here to stay :paci:

When I was younger and had no ties to anything or anyone in the community, I not only would have said yes, but I recall having done so in an ADISC thread many years ago soon after joining, calling it on balance a minor negative overall.

Now, having built up friendships and having found the love of my life through the community, this part of me does me a lot of good. A lot of the drawbacks amounted to it being harder to find such fulfillment, but now that I have, the situation is flipped.

I would really hope to have your kind of experience, although I confess that it seems a bit farfetched for me at this point. I have been secretly indulging this fantasy on and off for 15-20 years, and I have only just recently had the right combination of opportunity and spike in interest to actually share my interest in this community with this community.

My point is this: I share your experience. If you'd asked me 24 hours ago if I could be rid my AB/DL forever, I'd've said yes without blinking. I'd hesitate now.

(That was 20% for effect. I would actually say "No" immediately because I've kind of committed by ordering my first adult diapers. I'm kind of excited. It feels weird to be excited about that. I'm kind of letting it happen but it's a new and frightening experience for me.)

This is a question that has been asked many times and you will find some other beneficial responses if you do a search of forum posts.

Having said that, I think that most AB/DLs are likely to respond differently depending upon where they may be at in their acceptance/rejectance of this interest. The binge/purge cycle is very real, and most AB/DLs go through this a number of times.

For me, I have to say that no, I would not. While I used to hate that I had this desire, it has become a part of me that makes me who I am. I truly believe it makes me a more overall balanced person because of it. I can be in touch with a softer and more intimate side of myself than the rugged, hardened cowboy that I am on my exterior. I have a greater compassion for others who are not just within this interest, but of all interests that are deemed different from the "norms" of society.

Being AB/DL has taught me humility and pride. While those two characteristics would normally be opposites, they hold true for who I am. I am proud of who I am and do not regret that I have a desire for being AB/DL. It is part of what makes me, well... me! I also have humility in realizing that while on the exterior I am this seasoned cowboy who loves showing off his masculine self and his accomplishments, I find myself a bit less boastful and more thoughtful of others.

In all of these ways I think I am a better person and I hope that my actions show this in not just the AB/DL world but in all of my life.

:detective3

Teddy Bear Cowboy

This is a difficult question. In some aspects, I would love to get rid of my ABDL as it's not normal and holds me back in some many aspects with 'normal' converstations. That said, I quite enjoy my ABDL side and probably wouldn't change it.

I wouldn't want to get rid of my AB/DL side. I sometimes wish that I had stronger desires either for vanilla sex or for types of kink that are more common. ABDL is probably 50-75% of my sexuality. It would be nice if it were more like 25-30%.

If this question was asked when I first discovered I was a DL then I would've said yes due to a negative stigma put on it but since the I have accepted myself I would say no because I find it relaxing and it's a great stress reliever. I do hate having to hide it but overall I find it too enjoyable to hate it or get rid of it.

Even up to as recent as a few weeks ago, I'd say yes, but now, I've finally been able to really accept it. Which is partially why i made an actual account here.

In a heartbeat. I want this side of me gone. I've accepted it as part of me, but that doesn't mean I like that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back