How to travel with bunch of diapers?

Hi I go to Cyprus two to three times year over there they sell abena L4 in the supermarket which is a good over night diaper plus pull ups, saves space in the suitcase when you fly.

Reactions: LordDuque and iatec779
I just returned from my ten-day cruise. We were gone a total of twelve days. It was great. The only issue I had was going through TAS and ship security. I have had both of my knees replaced and even with TSA precheck I was flagged every time I went through the metal detectors or scanners and had to go through several pat downs. Only one time was I questioned about the padding in my crotch area. I informed the agent that I am incontinent, and he was very professional, completed the pad down and let me pass. Being patted down is not new to me as I had my knees replaced before I became incontinent.

I had one suitcase dedicated to my supplies which was used on the return trip for the items we bought on the trip. The ship had laundry services so that allowed me to not need to take twelve days of clothes. I only took two suitcases and a carry-on.

I was nervous about taking the trip as it was the first plane trip I had taken since becoming full time incontinent and because of the length of the flights I had to wear a diaper instead of my normal pull-up. I noticed that many people travel and cruise with many disabilities and I was thankful that my “disability” is very minor.

Don’t let incontinence stop you from traveling and enjoying life.

• Love
Reactions: diapeybabybrian
iatec779 said:
Next month wife and I are going to Mexico for 7 nights. We’ll be away from home 9 nights total. I use about 2 pull-ups during the day if not far from restrooms etc. and at least 1 overnight diaper. If we’re traveling all day, I will wear a diaper or 2 instead of a pullup all day.
Anyway, they take up a lot of space!! I guess the only option is to jam 30 or more diapers in my checked luggage but that’s most of my suitcase lol.

Anyone have any good travel tips to fly with a bunch of diapers along with clothes etc?
I will have a carry on with a few in there as well and my cpap machine.

Seems it’s another country, shipping to resort ahead of time may be a real pain.

Going home wont be a problem after I’ve used them up all week.

Thanks!!
So I go to 4 Conferences a year and pack diapers for 4 nights and 5 days of travel no I do not use airports as the furthest is a 6-hour drive. 4 diapers per day/night plus boosters I pack them in the bottom of the suitcase. I may not go through an airport, but it will go through the scanner/ex-ray those people do not care what is in your bags so long as it is LEGAL to have and transport. Oh you can buy diapers in Mexico.

Almost every long car trip has put me breakdowns and thus days of delay and uncertainty- not only for diapers but for medications. It's easier to bring extra medications but extra diapers are a huge problem if your stay is extended beyond what you packed for.

Well, we’re back from this trip and all went well.
I had a few changes in my carry one and backpack. A whole extra duffle bag of diapers in checked luggage. Went through airports to and from the destination, wearing a diaper of course and packing extras. Was never questioned once. I used probaby 35 or more over the 10 days and on way home used the duffle bag for dirty clothes. Packed what extras I had left in regular suitcase.
Used swim diapers a couple times too, they helped out alot getting to and from pool or ocean.
Now that this one is under my belt, on to planning the next one
Thanks to those who offered up advice!

I have flown to the US from UK quite a few times and have spoken to the airline about a free extra baggage allowance for medical products. They have always been very helpful, understanding and supportive and given me free extra baggage. Also offered assistance at the airport. I would certainly suggest you speak to your airline. Have great trip.

Back