How long can you go without thinking about wearing diapers

Sevenhills

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm an occasional diaper wearer, typically 6-7 days per month (usually when I travel for work or am daring enough to wear at work). But I think about wearing most everyday. Just curious about how often people who are not incontinent or 24/7, think about wearing diapers.

Reactions: chillipepperman and ChristianDiaperLover
Honestly? Despite needing to wear just about 24/7 (only time I am not wearing is when going to the bathroom or taking a shower or getting changed!) I truly don't pay much attention to them anymore.

Ever since diapers became my "normal underwear", pretty much the only time I really think about them is if I spring a leak at night, know I need to change and when getting dressed as I ALWAYS inspect myself in front of a very large mirror to ensure that no one can look at me and instantly know what kind of "underwear" I have on.

I know this is counterintuitive, but when diapers become an all the time part of your life, you honestly think about them in much the same way you used to think of underwear. Thinking about it now that you asked this question my answers sort of surprise me, but they are indeed accurate. Before I *needed* diapers, they were all I could think about while I'd wear them but that was a lifetime ago, so it seems.

I would surmise I am not the only one who feels this way but I am only making a supposition saying that as I don't know how others who live with IC think about their diapers. They simply become another article of clothing.

I am interested in hearing from others about this who are also IC. I am willing to bet that those who wear for "fun" continually think about them which is only natural, ESPECIALLY if they sexually excite you. While I'd be lying IF I said I never got off with diapers alone, I had a tremendous amount of "diaper sex" with my girlfriend and then wife all the way up until I saw life as I once knew it slam into a wall at 150mph as my life was quite thoroughly destroyed afterwards, as was ALL forms of intimacy between my wife and I as there was never a single intimate moment between us after i got sick. I figure not having a spare several hundred dollars (to over 2k)/week had a lot to do with it with the rest being my once ripped, monstrous build fading and having added weight from Prednisone (medical steroids) as they added almost 80lbs to my once impressively built body in under a year BUT without Prednisone I likely would have been dirt food a real long time ago!

CptKirk

Last edited:
Reactions: Neroforte, messydiaper and Sevenhills
Its getting more and more. I started wearing nightly about a month ago. Discreetly wear all weekend if I can. If I could figure out how to wear diapers to work without getting busted I would. So basically I'm headed down a path of wanting 24/7 but knowing that "socially" i have no reason to and keeping myself at bay for the reason of getting found out.

Reactions: Sevenhills
Cozycomfort1 said:
Its getting more and more. I started wearing nightly about a month ago. Discreetly wear all weekend if I can. If I could figure out how to wear diapers to work without getting busted I would. So basically I'm headed down a path of wanting 24/7 but knowing that "socially" i have no reason to and keeping myself at bay for the reason of getting found out.
I typically wear thinner diapers at work, depends pull ups or incontrol by rearz diaper. They hide very well, but I wear dark pants or jeans to work.

Reactions: JunkyardDog1
I wear a diaper to bed mostly every night but I do have some weeks where I don’t feel like it. When I wear every night I think about it at least once during the day when I go to the bathroom, but when I don’t wear I can go a couple of weeks without thinking about them

Back in my younger years, I could go on a two or three day diaper binge and do everything imaginable under the sun in a diaper. Satisfy myself until my private parts ached, and then get disgusted with the whole thing and purge my inventory. I could make it 1-3 months living without any diapers or much of a thought about them.

But, after the 1-3 month cool down, I was back at the pharmacy buying another package of diapers.

As I get older, I'm less likely to satisfy the sexual urges using diapers, and that allows me to wear every night for protection. My wife and I can have relations, and then I can put on a diaper for bed without any problems.

Reactions: chillipepperman, KBoy and Sevenhills
messydiaper said:
Back in my younger years, I could go on a two or three day diaper binge and do everything imaginable under the sun in a diaper. Satisfy myself until my private parts ached, and then get disgusted with the whole thing and purge my inventory. I could make it 1-3 months living without any diapers or much of a thought about them.

But, after the 1-3 month cool down, I was back at the pharmacy buying another package of diapers.

As I get older, I'm less likely to satisfy the sexual urges using diapers, and that allows me to wear every night for protection. My wife and I can have relations, and then I can put on a diaper for bed without any problems.
That sounds like me in my younger days as well.

Reactions: messydiaper
For me, the amount of time I can go without thinking of diapers of having the desire to wear depends (pun not intended) on the current stage my DL side is in.

-At it's high: Only 2-3 days, generally have the desire to wear and use one at least once a week at this stage

-Average: A week and a half-ish

-Lower end; not as active but still there: A month

-Dormant: Like almost any ABDL, we have times where diapers and the like are at the backburner, generally due to life being busy but in a good way at the moment. This recently, I have gone almost 60 days without touching a diaper, and only recently in the past week have thought of wearing one again (and got back on here). However, I have gone as long as six months after a binge and purge cycle before stress brought it back.

Reactions: chillipepperman, messydiaper and Sevenhills
I tend to wear everyday now. I have some incontinence now and can manage without one. So, they are on my mind most of the time. Before that whenever I was away overnight or when none was around the house. Now it does not matter. My wife knows and the kids have not noticed.

Reactions: messydiaper and Sevenhills
I can go several hours. Is that good?

• Haha
Reactions: toddlerPampers, Dancedprdance, tas84 and 5 others
When I am very stressed and anxious, especially when triggered by my gender dysphoria, I will binge on diapers. In part, I think about them often, and wear them on my days off during these times (3-4 days/week). I don't wear 24/7. Usually just 1 or 2 diapers a day, either to bed or to relax around the house. These high stress time often times end up with me in little headspace. This usually last anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks.
Other times I can go weeks or a month or 2 with wearing a diaper once a week or every other week. Usually just because I just wanna really relax for a long time.

dogboy said:
Sounds good to me

I always think about diapers every single day even when I’m at work I always think about diapers even though I only wear my diapers just on a Wednesday all day

Reactions: chillipepperman and Sevenhills
I couldn't wear for a year due to living in a dorm. A month goes by and my mind is causing me to have dreams about diapers.

dogboy said:
Ha ha. That sounds about right. :) Probably describes me as well, for better or worse.

I'm a pretty regular wearer these days--usually five days per week. When I'm not in diapers, I do feel like something's wrong. It's not to the level of being distressing, but it can be a little distracting. I don't expect to go 24/7 anytime soon, but I have a feeling I'm one of those who'd be happy that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coldsleeper, DinoFrant, Sevenhills and 3 others
I’m trying to better incorporate them into my life with stuff like reusable cloth diapers that offer a feeling, even if I’m not using or something.

Over the last decade, there were some long periods without anything, including thoughts. It always happened when we had our newborn kids. During those times, it felt selfish or distracting to indulge in ABDL activities and clothing. My brain sorta fully went into “Dad as assistant manager” if only because my wife is kinda type A (she’s been much better, though). In that space, I’m thinking about taking care of stuff, making sure items are packed, we’re ready to go, other kids are fine… it’s just adult parent mode because it’s really important when they are young.

I struggle with being hot / cold still, so there was probably a happy medium, but I didn’t find it then. For each of our kids, I would not interact with anything ABDL for around 1-2 years.

Outside of those periods, it’s hard for me to guess it. They come up a lot, probably 3-5 times a week. I’m still working through some self-acceptance, feeling okay to speak to others about it, allowing myself to enjoy my own happiness.

I’d like to get to a place where they’re more integrated into my life. Like CptKirk said, the shine or appeal can wane when it’s 24/7 or you need them. For right now, I like having times where they aren’t at my mental forefront and still feel “special”; at the same time, I think denying myself happiness for years didn’t help anyone, myself or my family.

I will say: for night time, they are my preference, even if it’s the cloth ones and I don’t use. Something about the thickness and safety… I dunno. It just makes sleeping and unwinding easier. But, I’m pretty protective about when I wear, because I worry about kids coming in unannounced when they sleep at home. Baby steps for now, pun intended.

If it’s just thinking about them, quite often. Perhaps daily. The intensity and frequency of my acting on the thoughts has evolved as I have aged. My diaper interest came factory instslled, but once I reached my teens, I would go weeks or longer without even thinking of them, but when I did, it was all consuming. That lasted through my late 20s and early 30s when I would binge for a week, then put them away for a month or two before binging again. After I was married and had a kid in my 40s, the binges became much, much less intense, but I probably thought about them weekly as I started to find a few regular opportunities each month to indulge. Now in my 50s, I’m open with my wife about wearing, and it’s just a regular thing I do several times a week because there is no fear of being “caught” and little shame in my desires. I guess you could say if you plotted a graph of intensity of my desire versus time, it would have had big peaks and valleys in my younger years that are much more of a low, steady fluctuation now. The area under the curve (integral) is probably fairly constant over the years, just the distribution has changed!

Babybub said:
I tend to wear everyday now. I have some incontinence now and can manage without one. So, they are on my mind most of the time. Before that whenever I was away overnight or when none was around the house. Now it does not matter. My wife knows and the kids have not noticed.
My wife knows all about my nappies and isn't phased by them at all. It was her suggestion that I wore them all the time as my incontinence got worse. She knows I have become DL but says if it helps me cope where is the harm

Reactions: Upnorth, Napincolove and Sevenhills
Sill all the time.
I even sometimes have little dreams.its apart of my makeup.
Started around 1966

Reactions: KBoy and Sevenhills
I've been wearing 24/7 for about 10 years now. They do just become 'underwear' - and how often do you think about that?
That said, I do like wearing nappies. I do think about them frequently, but mostly from the point of view of 'are they visible?', 'are they going to leak?', 'can anyone hear the rustling sound they make?'

Reactions: AVictoryPointe, DinoFrant and Sevenhills
Back