How do you put on your bra?

I lost mobility in one of my arms from an injury a few years back so it gets strapped in front and shifted to the back

• Sad
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and sissygirlpink
But having said that the bra is my fav accessory ever…always love wearing one when I have the chance!

• Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and sissygirlpink
WetEmily said:
This can be a trade-off and how well endowed you are can matter a lot, as a lot of compression will force a bra open. Once or twice a year at the gym I'll see a girl's sports bra explode like this, usually at a time she's not in a position to cover back up easily.
You mean the front closure giving up? It's been a long time since I've shopped bras, but Wife has a front-closure sports bra where the closure is actually a zipper, and has velcro over the top that hides the zipper. (And probably serves as a second chance in case the zipper goes.) It's quite a contraption. I don't know what brand it is, and she's probably cut the tags off of it. Anyway, she's a D cup and her breasts don't move at all in that thing, which is pretty amazing. ....And, to me as an observer, maybe a little disappointing. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Happy2BeInNappies2, rbm and 1 other person
I use method A for my bras. C when I put on a bikini-top.

Reactions: rbm and Seasonedcitizen
I don't wear many bras despite me wanting to but if I had to choose, it would be B.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I am a man, and not a crossdresser, so all I know is that the cups go in the front, while diapers go on with the tapes in the back!

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and KittyninjaW
WetEmily said:
There is however one glaring exception to this, that being post-shower. Any girl who's tried to put on a sports bra after a shower knows that doing so should have been Hercules' 13th labor.

Now at home, that's fine. I'll let the girls air out until I'm dry enough to put a sports bra on if that's the way I'm going. But if I'm at the gym? That's the main place it becomes a different story. I'd feel weird finding a chair to sit in idly playing on my phone for 30 minutes while topless. So a front-closure bra is about the only choice of a bra that's not a total nightmare to put on. I just deal with the fact I'm going to have a zipper line under my shirt on the drive home. The most I might stop for is gas, and I'm rarely looking to impress anyone at a gas station. If anything it's usually the opposite goal.
That's actually the same rationale wife's given, and in fact I've been asked many times to help her put on one of her over-the-head sports bras right after a shower (at home). The front is usually not an issue, but the back inevitably gets all rolled/bunched up, so it's hubby to the rescue.

Last edited:
Reactions: satin and rbm
Cottontail said:
That's actually the same rationale wife's given, and in fact I've been asked many times to help her put on one of her over-the-head sports bras right after a shower (at home). The front is usually not an issue, but the back inevitably gets all rolled/bunched up, so it's hubby to the rescue.
I am the same way after a shower

I wear regular bras at night when the kids are in bed, and I use method A. My wife uses the way to put hers on. I do wear sports bras some days out to get a bit of rush to see if someone notices it.

Reactions: rbm and sissygirlpink
Option A for myself, easiest and quickest way to put it on!!!

It is A for me. Unless I am wearing my Auden front close bra or bralette. The front close bras are the best. Theater are so easy. Took me a minute to figure out how to do it for the first time, though. Only problem is you don’t have the adjustability of the back close bras.

I have several front closure bras so there's no question about those. I also have 3 traditional back closure bras and 8 back closure bralettes. For those, I have the back hooks all in place, pull them over my head and shoulders, pull them down below my chest, make sure the band is flat (no twists in it) and then pull it up into position and slip my arms under the shoulder straps. Once in place, the forms go in.

Reactions: Want4mor and rbm
I prefer doing the hooks in the front and then spin it around. with artritis and bad shoulders it harder to pull it over. i do have pullovers but prefer the hooks

I always do A and B but mostly A. Iv tried C a few times but don’t seem to have much luck. I guess it’s a male thing.

Back