• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello from the Bedwetting Bunny

BwBunny said:
Dear @gobphus , I still wish I knew. My dear old dad's health is deteriorating much more quickly than I can process.
Old memories surfacing and the strange feeling of being secure when in bed and putting on my protection.
Things are definitely changing, for the good or for the bad? I don't know. I just don't want to be alone.
I wish the best for you and your dad, @BwBunny. As much as you love living a lot of your life in the woods, I wonder whether it's time to seek more contact with people. You might take a cruise or some sort of enrichment program like elder hostels provide for older people.

Reactions: BwBunny
gobphus said:
I wish the best for you and your dad, @BwBunny. As much as you love living a lot of your life in the woods, I wonder whether it's time to seek more contact with people. You might take a cruise or some sort of enrichment program like elder hostels provide for older people.
Dear @gobphus , that is also why I have found my way here. I usually write a lot, with a pencil or at a keyboard. this forum suits me perfectly. I am a little shy, so I'm used to no or just little attention. I dot want to bother anyone, I just want to be...
happy...

Last edited:
Reactions: gobphus
foxkits said:
Have you ever thought about adopting someone. So you are not alone if you're content with things.
I'm sorry your dad's getting older.
I can very much understand health stuff. Being an older person my self.
My mom has major health problems herself. I will let you in on a little secret. Some times you may find someone when you aren't looking.
God has a way of making things happen. my only wish is your happy.
Dear @foxkits, some time ago, I was thinking of getting a sheep dog. However, with all the rain and dirt on my property, I'm not sure I'm the right person for that. Fortunately, I have a fireplace that keeps me warm and cozy instead of a dog or a cat.

Right now, I'm sitting by my fireplace, with my laptop on my lap. I've already had a refreshing shower, and now I'm wondering what to do next. Should I take a day trip to the forest, make some lunch, and then head back? Or should I go out and cut and chop some firewood? The latter is kind of hard work, but it needs to be done since my stash is running low.

Noodle said:
Welcome to ADISC. Hopefully you can find some help even if a lot of the site is focused on DL and AB topics. I wouldnt worry too much about figuring out what label fits you best as long as the conversation regarding wearing helps ease your mind. Its clearly something you have to live with and getting to terms with it is better than anything.
Hi @Noodle ,
Thanks for the welcome, I'm pretty content, but things are starting to happening in my life, and I need to start doing something to compensate, but what? I have concluded that I, at least, need to get some friends to talk to about this, preferrable not IRL.
And what is this feeling that I get, when I put on my nighttime protection?

Last edited:
BwBunny said:
Hi @Noodle ,
Thanks for the welcome, I'm pretty content, but things are starting to happening in my life, and I need to start doing something to compensate, but what? I have concluded that I, at least, need to get some friends to talk to about this, preferrable not IRL.
And what is this feeling that I get, when I put on my nighttime protection?
Please say more about the feeling you get when you put on your nighttime protection. Is it a new feeling?

Dear @gobphus , LoL, I just can't stop talking, can I?
Thanks for your very good questions. I find many things kind of strange. For one, I usually consider myself very shy, but in this forum, I can speak very openly and I might have to consider that a bit more than I actually do.
That being said, well, in regards to if it is a new feeling:
This is not a new feeling, I've probably had it consciously sins mum passed away. But I believe that I have dug deeper into it.
It's mostly feelings and subsequently emotions. On example is from my earlier years when my mum sometimes put my nappy on while I was laying on a sheepskin the floor in front of the fireplace with a fire burning. I remember it being wintertime and It was here in Ireland so probably the first winter right after we moved here. Later on, when she showed me how to put it on myself. LoL, how she sometimes just pulled my pyjama pants down to check that I got the leak guards right. I had a few leaks so it was probably good that she did, but it was very embarrassing, but now I can really miss it. When she passed away, I was already managing my bedwetting myself. Including the laundry. Dad worked a lot, and the farm didn't manage itself. It was really tough, and educational. I did what I could by myself. The rest my dad taught me on the way while we helped each other the rest of the time. He taught me a lot, enough for a lifetime, I would say. Maybe he thought that was his purpose, his intent, all the time...
How mum managed the farm I really don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen and gobphus
BwBunny said:
Dear @gobphus , LoL, I just can't stop talking, can I?
Thanks for your very good questions. I find many things kind of strange. For one, I usually consider myself very shy, but in this forum, I can speak very openly and I might have to consider that a bit more than I actually do.
That being said, well, in regards to if it is a new feeling:
This is not a new feeling, I've probably had it consciously sins mum passed away. But I believe that I have dug deeper into it.
It's mostly feelings and subsequently emotions. On example is from my earlier years when my mum sometimes put my nappy on while I was laying on a sheepskin the floor in front of the fireplace with a fire burning. I remember it being wintertime and It was here in Ireland so probably the first winter right after we moved here. Later on, when she showed me how to put it on myself. LoL, how she sometimes just pulled my pyjama pants down to check that I got the leak guards right. I had a few leaks so it was probably good that she did, but it was very embarrassing, but now I can really miss it. When she passed away, I was already managing my bedwetting myself. Including the laundry. Dad worked a lot, and the farm didn't manage itself. It was really tough, and educational. I did what I could by myself. The rest my dad taught me on the way while we helped each other the rest of the time. He taught me a lot, enough for a lifetime, I would say. Maybe he thought that was his purpose, his intent, all the time...
How mum managed the farm I really don't know.
What happened to the farm when your mum died?

Dear @gobphus , nothing good in the long run. We had a few animals, but it was still a one persons full time job.
I went to school and dad worked long hours. I could never, and I was never expected to, run everything myself.
I did try my very best, dad did take some time off from time to time to keep everything in check, but somehow we managed for a while. But ultimately we got rid of most of the animals, including our chickens.
We kept the sheep dog, he was faithful, but he also got old. When he couldn't outrun the sheep anymore, we did the only right thing...
...we god rid of all our sheep. He was a good boy, I want to believe the he also had a good life, I can remember him washing his paws the best he could and then standing on a towel waiting to be dried so he could get inside. We always competed to get the sheepskin in front of the fireplace. So many memories comes to life just writing about it...
Eventually dad retired and the dog died not long ago. Dad never replace him, I guess he misses him a lot, and now so do I...

Reactions: BBBen, gobphus and TreeLad
BwBunny said:
Dear @gobphus , nothing good in the long run. We had a few animals, but it was still a one persons full time job.
I went to school and dad worked long hours. I could never, and I was never expected to, run everything myself.
I did try my very best, dad did take some time off from time to time to keep everything in check, but somehow we managed for a while. But ultimately we got rid of most of the animals, including our chickens.
We kept the sheep dog, he was faithful, but he also got old. When he couldn't outrun the sheep anymore, we did the only right thing...
...we god rid of all our sheep. He was a good boy, I want to believe the he also had a good life, I can remember him washing his paws the best he could and then standing on a towel waiting to be dried so he could get inside. We always competed to get the sheepskin in front of the fireplace. So many memories comes to life just writing about it...
Eventually dad retired and the dog died not long ago. Dad never replace him, I guess he misses him a lot, and now so do I...
The prospect of being alone seems to be a much bigger concern for you than bedwetting.

Reactions: BwBunny and TreeLad
gobphus said:
The prospect of being alone seems to be a much bigger concern for you than bedwetting.
Dear @gobphus , maybe you are right, maybe not. I don't like losing the things that I hold dear in my life. But I refuse to use the word alone, is also such a strong word to describe this, what I am afraid of is probably getting lonelier.
To be honest, nowadays, my bedwetting is not a big concern to me anymore. I know how to handle it and have done so for quite some time. My concern is more related to my indirect emotions, as a bedwetter, and how they are linked to my feeling of the actual protection it self. Does it make sense?

Last edited:
BwBunny said:
Dear @gobphus , maybe you are right, maybe not. I don't like losing the things that I hold dear in my life. But I refuse to use the word alone, is also such a strong word to describe this, what I am afraid of is probably getting lonelier.
To be honest, nowadays, my bedwetting is not a concern, as long as I don't change anything else in the equation.
My concern in regards to bedwetting was more related to my emotions and how that was linked to my feeling of the actual protection it self. Does it make sense?
You do seem to like wearing a nappy for the feeling of security it gives you, not just security for one night but the security you felt as a child being diapered.

• Thinking
gobphus said:
You do seem to like wearing a nappy for the feeling of security it gives you, not just security for one night but the security you felt as a child being diapered.
Dear @gobphus ,
I, yes, but... hmmm, it's one way to look at it. your analysis seems valid.
To my defense, I never liked being put in them, but I did recognize the necessity, the practicality of using them at night.
I have thought of wearing one as plain underwear during the day, but it never felt right. I have a few cloudy memories of wearing them, well actually being changed on a couple of occasions when I was a kid. Not sure of the reason, I might just have had an accident or so.

Better be in a nappy and embarrassed about it. That was always the case. Having to handle the aftermath after a huge wee in the bed, please no, that was never for me. The nappy won every time I thought about it. So I never fought about not wearing it to bed.
Add to that, that nobody else than my parents saw or knew. Nobody else were around at my bedtime, so why should I even bother?
But I still felt shame and got embarrassed though my mum never shamed or embarrassed me. So I actually don't know the origin of that emotion, maybe I brought it with me all way from Denmark? Actually, that is the only think that would make sense to me right now. The mind is a powerful thing...

BwBunny said:
Dear @gobphus ,
I, yes, but... hmmm, it's one way to look at it. your analysis seems valid.
To my defense, I never liked being put in them, but I did recognize the necessity, the practicality of using them at night.
I have thought of wearing one as plain underwear during the day, but it never felt right. I have a few cloudy memories of wearing them, well actually being changed on a couple of occasions when I was a kid. Not sure of the reason, I might just have had an accident or so.

Better be in a nappy and embarrassed about it. That was always the case. Having to handle the aftermath after a huge wee in the bed, please no, that was never for me. The nappy won every time I thought about it. So I never fought about not wearing it to bed.
Add to that, that nobody else than my parents saw or knew. Nobody else were around at my bedtime, so why should I even bother?
But I still felt shame and got embarrassed though my mum never shamed or embarrassed me. So I actually don't know the origin of that emotion, maybe I brought it with me all way from Denmark? Actually, that is the only think that would make sense to me right now. The mind is a powerful thing...
Here in the US “bedwetter” is sometimes used as a taunt by political figures. Perhaps in Denmark or Ireland there is a similar negative association in the culture that you picked up.

I know maybe a short hair dog.
A pet is great company for both of you though a smart dog it's hard to go to a dumb one though. I love a keehound they are a great dog but a lot of hair. If you ever need to talk you can dm me. Yes having to wear you can feel shame . I'm glad others didn't not find out . To me out side looking in your parents gave you a great up bringing your very balanced. A little introverted.
I do have a idea though maybe you should write a small woods camping camping guide or you're experiencing the out doors life.
It might bring in a little. Your such a a great writer though. Have a great weekend.

gobphus said:
Here in the US “bedwetter” is sometimes used as a taunt by political figures. Perhaps in Denmark or Ireland there is a similar negative association in the culture that you picked up.
Dear @gobphus,
I don't really think so, from what I know, nobody knew. But if you mean that I was subconsciously affected by the term 'bedwetter' due to other factors, I actually don't have a clue why that would be. Of course I knew it was outside the norm, but I almost never wore them outside the confines of our home. But inside, it was just bedwetting, and my mum pleading with me to "please lie down and let me put your nappy on so you don't wet the bed."

When I think about it, it was probably my GP who told me it wasn't "normal" for a girl my age (9-10?) to wear nappies. She probably didn't use those exact words, but I guess my mum must have said something really embarrassing to make her respond to me in that way. Or was it something else? I wonder if I was sick when we went there, Maybe I was still in my pyjamas and just pulled my snowsuit over - then it would have been possible, but plausible? Nah, I still don't think so, I feel like I would have remembered that.

So, there is a lot of speculating here at the end, and I don't like that...

BwBunny said:
Hello everyone,
I was prompted to write an introduction about myself…
Well, that’s not an easy task for me to undertake, as it’s one of the reasons I’m here from the beginning.
That being said, I see myself as a simple soul. I was born Danish, but my parents moved to Ireland when I was a kid.
Nowadays, I live alone in a fairly small cabin in the Irish countryside, close to the forest, and I love the forest.
I’ve always enjoyed my own company during my spare time, with very few exceptions.
My dad helps me keep my cabin in shape, sorry to say that my mum is no longer with us so we sometimes keep eachother company when we need.

What else?
I love manga, but I'm really bad at drawing them myself, I do read a lot, hate the telly, but love my laptop and my dear notebook.
Need stuff to do to keep my brain from free-wheeling. Love my deep discussions with my dad and my colleagues (but they are very different types of discussions though, hopefully I can get even more diverse discussions here on Adisc as well).

In the forest, I have my favorite paths, my favorite spots, and my “private” campsites, where I can set up my tent beside the occasional little creek. I love the sound of slowly moving water. I always carry my notebook with me. I tend to write a lot, my thoughts about humanity and the lack thereof. Nowadays, it’s mostly dark and tends to only cover the “lack thereof”, which makes me a bit sad when rereading my notes.

I work with data analytics. I suspect that it might impact my free-spinning brain during my spare time, especially after an intense week. Too many bad things are happening in the world right now, generating a huge amount of data to analyze.

Wandering and camping in the forest, or maybe up on a small hill, gives me time with Mother Nature, to disconnect from society. It’s really soothing for my soul and usually gives me inner peace. At the moment, I feel a bit angry at everything. I would like to find myself and my true inner peace again.

Most of you seem so confident. I wish I were also like that, so I wouldn’t have to put up a facade.
- I may not have much to share, but I am a good listener.

So, why am I here then?
Well, I’m a very shy but also curious person with a peculiar problem:
I still sometimes wet the bed, pretty badly, not just a little tinkle. Some times I wake up while this is happening, sometimes I don't, so I use wearable protection.
I have wet the bed periodically, usually 2-3 days a week since I started first grade, meaning I already had this problem when we moved to Ireland.

For some time now, I have developed a thing, you may even call it a liking, for my special bedtime underwear. It’s probably something that has been growing since I was in my mid-teens. Before that, when I was put in nappies for obvious reasons at home and, from time to time, also on other certain occasions, I really hated them. Not because of any stigma, just because I was not independent of the toilet or putting them on. They were embarrassing, but they also made me feel secure.

After screening the internet several times, searching information about these is "likings" of mine, I came across Adisc more than once. I was truly hesitant of being a member, but since you don't like lurkers (I'm really good a lurking), it has taken me several months to gather enough strength to actually do this, but finally here I am, exposing myself, when I finally managed to put on my big girl panties and apply for a membership.

So, finally, this is my core reason, I'm finally reaching out, hopefully finding a few friends to have the occasional chat, on how to embrace this, or not...

This was supposed to be my short introduction. Sorry if it became too long...
Welcome, you have friends here a Great diverse community here. Hope to hear from you more

foxkits said:
I know maybe a short hair dog.
A pet is great company for both of you though a smart dog it's hard to go to a dumb one though. I love a keehound they are a great dog but a lot of hair. If you ever need to talk you can dm me. Yes having to wear you can feel shame . I'm glad others didn't not find out . To me out side looking in your parents gave you a great up bringing your very balanced. A little introverted.
I do have a idea though maybe you should write a small woods camping camping guide or you're experiencing the out doors life.
It might bring in a little. Your such a a great writer though. Have a great weekend.
Dear @foxkits , Thank you for your kind words.
I already have a full time job, So getting a dog would not be the best thing for the dog.
I also have my little house, big enough for me, easy to clean, but hard to keep warmed up.
But I do like a nice fire in the fireplace, so I don't mind as long as I have some firewood. some hard work, but as they say, good firewood warms you twice, the first time when you chop it up, and the next time when you light it on fire. I can confirm that it is true.
Writing a guide camping guide, you say. I don't think that would go well, but for fun? Maybe I'll give it some extra thought.
And, @foxkits ,Please have a really great weekend yourself, I know I will, at least it's always my intention!

Reactions: TreeLad, foxkits and Wolfman69
Wolfman69 said:
Welcome, you have friends here a Great diverse community here. Hope to hear from you more
Hello @Wolfman69 , Thank you so much for the welcome.
I have managed to find friends here on adisc, and for the first time in like ever, I feel like I have finally found the right place. Maybe I'm not into all of the kinks here, but it still seems like the right place for me. I can write and people answers, what more can I possibly want from a support forum like this?
And I have my very own thread, how cool is that?

Reactions: TreeLad and Wolfman69
BwBunny said:
Dear @gobphus,
I don't really think so, from what I know, nobody knew. But if you mean that I was subconsciously affected by the term 'bedwetter' due to other factors, I actually don't have a clue why that would be. Of course I knew it was outside the norm, but I almost never wore them outside the confines of our home. But inside, it was just bedwetting, and my mum pleading with me to "please lie down and let me put your nappy on so you don't wet the bed."

When I think about it, it was probably my GP who told me it wasn't "normal" for a girl my age (9-10?) to wear nappies. She probably didn't use those exact words, but I guess my mum must have said something really embarrassing to make her respond to me in that way. Or was it something else? I wonder if I was sick when we went there, Maybe I was still in my pyjamas and just pulled my snowsuit over - then it would have been possible, but plausible? Nah, I still don't think so, I feel like I would have remembered that.

So, there is a lot of speculating here at the end, and I don't like that...
So you don't think your GP told you it wasn't normal to be wetting the bed at your age?

Hey BW, welcome, from the same neck of the woods here, metaphorically speaking! Not the same actual woods :))

Back