Got Any Favorite Quotes?

If in doubt give it a clout

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
SeniorMan said:
Americans will expand their imagination, developing a new constitution respecting human rights and protecting their right to vote. On August 6, 2021, the 56th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act, a coalition of faith leaders, state legislators, HBCU (historically black college or university) students, activists, and allies went marching, gathering at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial and marching to the Reagan National Airport with a message to the nation to end the filibuster and pass legislation protecting voting rights, D.C. statehood, and reparations. They chanted, "no rights, no flights," as they shut down the airport with righteous indignation to highlight their fierce urgency. Twenty-six of them were arrested for sitting in the street, an act of civil disobedience, in the tradition of Representative John Lewis and many others who believed in the power of nonviolence to transform America morally and spiritually. This modern assault on voting rights began with the Supreme Court decision, Shelby v. Holder (2013), weakening the Voting Rights Act of 1965 by removing the preclearance clause in section 4b. This provision protected the voters in the states with a history of voter suppression by requiring the Department of Justice to approve any changes to the voting laws. With the preclearance removal, the states readily enacted laws to suppress the voter through strict voter ID requirements, purging the voters from the rolls, moving the polling places, reducing the early voting days, and forcing the voters to stand in offensively long lines. Further, the voter suppression laws have impacted every election since this decision. In 2016, the voter ID laws in Wisconsin disenfranchised 300,000 voters while Secretary Hillary Clinton only lost the state by 27,000 votes to Donald Trump. In 2018, Georgia purged 107,000 voters from the rolls and cost Stacey Abrams the gubernatorial election. However, in 2020, the Black faith and civic groups responded to the voter suppression amidst the dual pandemics of COVID-19 and "COVID-1619," (the curriculum When Racism began in America grades 6-12) considering the death of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery, with increased voter engagement. As a result, there was overwhelming Black voter turnout in key states, like Georgia, where the margin was roughly 11,000 votes determining the presidential election.
For the Voting Rights Act - "We're f**ked" - jdlake131

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95
"the world is only a small place to hide" - Crusader: no remorse, ending scene

• Thinking
Mel Gibson as William Wallace in BRAVEHEART.... we need this today

Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you’ll live… at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin’ to trade all the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take away our lives, but they’ll never take… OUR FREEDOM!

Reactions: RedPandaDL, winterheart01 and BobbiSueEllen
"Say Hello to my Little Friend" (Scarface (1983) )

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95, littlemoosey and BobbiSueEllen
(Forrest Gump (1994) )

"My mom always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Last edited:
Reactions: winterheart01, AJFan2020 and BobbiSueEllen
One quote thay rings so true, for me, from Our Idiot Brother is "I like to think if you put your trust out there, I mean you give people the benefit of the doubt, see their best intentions, they'll want to live up to it. It doesn't always work out, clearly, but I think that if you do people will rise to the occasion" Ned... aka me in a nutshell. 😃

• Thinking
Ellen DeGeneres Quote: “Do you live each day as if it's your first or your last? Either way you should probably have a diaper on.

• Haha
Reactions: Diaperman95, AJFan2020, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
winterheart01 said:
"the world is only a small place to hide" - Crusader: no remorse, ending scene
@BobbiSueEllen The underlying meaning is that the main character of the game rebelled against the global conspiracy led by a man with a lot of money and power. He meant that, no matter where you hide, we'll always find you. (in the sequel they do but by that time the consortium is defeated anyway)

I found this a fitting quote because the internet also makes our world seem small, we find people in places either local or online where we never thought to see each other again, as in, how unlikely the coincidence would be :)

I'm a big fan of John Wayne. One quote during "True Grit," - "Well if I had a big horse pistol like that I wouldn't be scared of no BUGGERMAN!" Love that one.

Money can not buy you happiness, but it can buy you Beer and that's close enough. Funny T Shirt at WM.

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw​

• Thinking
Rearzlover said:
Ellen DeGeneres Quote: “Do you live each day as if it's your first or your last? Either way you should probably have a diaper on.
Like I always say... You come into this world having to wear a diaper and most likely are going to leave it wearing one too.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and AJFan2020
jdlake131 said:
For the Voting Rights Act - "We're f**ked" - jdlake131
Letting dead people vote in a Presidential Election is the beginning of the end for Democracy! DiaperMan95

• Thinking
"The situations you prepare for, never happen."

• Thinking
The Shell of an Oyster Only Hides The Pearl Inside.
from the original Samurai Jack when he fought a so called samurai who wasn't really a samurai at all

• Love
Every rule in the safety manual has first been written in blood.

So far in observation this has been true.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and BobbiSueEllen
Always remember your 7 Ps when doing a job!... Piss Poor Planning Promotes Piss Poor Performance. Or Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!

Either way take a moment to think things through.

• Wow
years ago our public pool had up a sign I liked. Please do not pee in our pool... We do not swim in your Toilets.

• Haha
Reactions: AJFan2020 and BobbiSueEllen
US President Lyndon Johnson, “ Don’t spit into the soup, we all have to eat”.

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95
"Despite everything, it's still you." - Undertale

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Diaperman95 and BobbiSueEllen
Back