Do you wish you were of a different generation?

Edgewater said:
Sorry fully disagree as it was not just as dangerous it was far less dangerous!
Ignorance runs ramped now a days as there is a huge willness to believe what a social media site or news group say without question.

Perfect example: 15,000 to 25,000 years ago was the beginning /middle of the end of the last ICE AGE, Our Sun has become warmer. Ocean levels World wide have risen 400 to 600 feet. And yet, one would think that it being warmer and the oceans rising is something new and that it is human caused. Breaking News; the Sun will continue to become warmer and the oceans will continue to rise.

A willingness to believe stupid things on the basis of assumed authority is nothing new, social media creates a more decentralised and therefore more chaotic milieu but the tendency is nothing new.
Didn't you live through McCarthyism for example?

We are now more risk aware than in the past, which makes us safer but feel less safe.

The sun has not changed in temperature to any significant degree within the span of human experience.
We have, as individuals and as a species, introduced significant volumes of carbon compounds into the air, carbon which was out of circulation since the much warmer carboniferous period. This has changed the composition of the atmosphere and therefore how it behaves.

Arguments about the planet's natural cycle of warming and cooling are just a smokescreen and irrelevant. It is like arguing that there is no issue with playing loud music at night because people naturally wake up.
Also starting from an arbitrary low point is completely disingenuous, one might as well argue that it has been getting cooler since 3pm so at this rate it will be an ice age by Wednesday.

• Thinking
Reactions: lilbabyjooce, Eclectic and Edgewater
Somehow I knew that you would chase down that series of rabbit holes.

Short and to the point, Nothing happens on this planet without the effect of our Star! And, yes it has become warmer since that transition point, commonly seen as the end of the 'most recent' ICE AGE. And, regarding carbon compounds, every time a volcano has a bad day /week it spews far more carbon compounds than humans did that prior month /year.

Anyway, junk and/or miss-represented science does not displace history. And, as a clear example: COVID as it is now being exposed as a lab leak and not jumping species.

I am certain that you are aware that there are far fewer air sampling sites today than10 years ago. How too selective measure, use only those sites that provide a wanted results.

Since this has spun far away from the OP's original topic, I will reframe from further comment here.

Last edited:
MyBlanky93 said:
I could’ve been a kid of the 1980s
My Daddy was born in the 80s and He would love it if time stopped forever in the 90s.

I can only think of one reason to be born much later than I was: the internet. To be able to find out that my strange desire for plastic pants was not just me would have been a great relief, and very exciting, as I entered my teenage years. Actually being able to talk about it with another of the same age would have been amazing. However, beyond that, I can't think of many things 'better', but it does depend significantly on the environment you grew up in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethdale, ShyBoo81, Teddy02 and 1 other person
I was born in 1983 and I enjoyed growing up in the 80s and 90s. 70s music was still popular in the 80s, so I listened to lots of classic rock at a young age from my Dad's collection. I also loved 80s hair metal, and 90s to 2000s electronic music. After I grew up I started getting into punk rock. I loved the TV shows I watched as a kid. There were so many great cartoons! These days even the Disney channel only has teen sitcoms. Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, and Aladdin were great back in the day. I loved Looney Tunes. It's much older but still came on TV in the 80s and 90s. Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles were my favorite growing up! I also thought Reboot was great when it came out, and it's still one of my favorite shows.

I got to experience the evolution of game consoles since they made the leap from the Atari to the NES, and improved exponentially ever since. It's crazy how much technology changed as I was growing up. These days it seems like diminishing returns with video game graphics. I was blown away with each generation as a kid, but since the PS3 came out games only seem to change slightly with each generation.

I also grew up without the internet until I got dial-up in high school, and my parents got their first cell phone shortly after, an analog Motorola flip phone. While I think cell phones and the internet have improved our lives greatly, they also come with downsides. I don't think I would want to grow up in this generation. Kids don't socialize or play together as much. They tend to be glued to phone screens or just play online from their bedrooms. I enjoyed video games as a kid and still do, but I also loved going outside and playing with friends, or exploring in the woods. I find it sad when you see two kids sitting next to each other texting instead of looking up and talking face to face.

The internet and social media have also made us afraid to even be funny anymore, for fear of widespread backlash online. I'm all for rights and equality, but comedy is dying because people get offended easier than ever these days. Growing up me and my friends could joke around with each other without taking it seriously. If I were just growing up now I don't think I would be joking around with anyone.

Sorry for going on a bit of a rant, I'm not trying to offend anyone here from younger generations. I'm just trying to share my experiences and opinions. :)

Reactions: AndyPandy, ShyBoo81, db80 and 2 others
Edgewater said:
Somehow I knew that you would chase down that series of rabbit holes.

Scientific consensus?

Edgewater said:
Short and to the point, Nothing happens on this planet without the effect of our Star! And, yes it has become warmer since that transition point, commonly seen as the end of the 'most recent' ICE AGE. And, regarding carbon compounds, every time a volcano has a bad day /week it spews far more carbon compounds than humans did that prior month /year.

The effect of the star is undeniable but fairly constant. There are a great many other variables on this planet, human activity and plate tectonics being two.

Do you have a source for the sun significantly changing in temperature over this very short period? It's news to me if that is the case.

Of course that would be even more reason to be more cautious in releasing greenhouse gases, compounding the effect being clearly a bad idea and all.

Two things that I can think of that were horrible in the '50s involve medicine. I had a horrible dentist who never used Novacaine and I would typically have 8 cavities on each be-annual visit because we were on well water which had no fluoride.

If you had allergies, they almost always removed your tonsils and adenoids. My mom took me to a doctor to see about that and at one point, he had a metal tool in his hand that looked like a sharp pair of pliers and my mom grabbed me and we exited his office hastily. Years later she told me he was going to remove them right then and there with no anesthesia. I did get them removed in a hospital and they used ether to knock me out.
I'm glad I'm living here and now instead of in the '50s. And yes, I can order all the diapers and plastic pants my little baby self wants. Thank you internet.

Reactions: Edgewater
I was born just before 1980. I'm mostly content with this: computers were new and exciting novelties, not the everyday fixtures that they are now, and so many people depend on them. Although the days of children playing out on their own were becoming a thing of the past, I think children were still able to enjoy their childhoods more, instead of being forced to grow up too quickly, with endless exams from a young age. (If they existed, they were not such a big deal as they are now.) I am glad my childhood was not later - in an age of cyber bullying, helicopter parenting, and now a certain generation having their childhoods absolutely decimated by lockdowns, masks, government micromanagement. (Not by Covid itself, but by governments' panicked and drastic reactions to it, with no thought to the consequences. To me, it is extremely important to make that distinction. Had it happened before the age of social media and 24-hour news, it might not even have been called a pandemic - it might have just been shrugged off as a bad flu season.) Worst of all is that many of the younger generation have now been conditioned to accept this as normal, and will blindly accept whatever the government says.

I love reading about childhoods of yore, and am fascinated by online discussions of nostalgia for the 70s and earlier, but for many reasons, I am glad I did not grow up in these times; thinking of when many children feared for their lives from catching a cold, before modern medicine. (A book I loved from the 1940s said "Now, Timothy's cold had become serious, and the doctor was grave.") Roald Dahl described having his adenoids removed in 1924, with no anaesthetic. He also describes being in a serious car accident. Car safety is one thing: those who grew up before 1980 talk fondly of nobody wearing seat belts, babies sitting on mummy's lap in the car, lots of children crammed into the luggage space.

Some people have mentioned child abuse; did it happen less in the past? I asked my parents about it in the 1950s (not that they experienced it): they say it certainly did happen, but nobody talked about it like they do now, it was just "one of those things", and there was certainly not the same vetting of people who work with children that there is now. My dad did tell me about a near miss he had: a stranger told him "go into that house, I'll join you in a few minutes": said stranger was careful enough not to be seen going in with him. In the 1980s we had the "say no to strangers" propaganda, or even "never talk to strangers". (The "all adults are strangers" idea has now been updated, as it is believed to discourage children from asking for help; a new slogan in the UK is "clever never goes", i.e. asking for help is fine, but never go anywhere with a stranger.)

I have to admit to being fascinated by corporal punishment in schools when I read about it, and I enjoy role playing it now, but I think I would have hated it if it had been a reality for me.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: Jorelaxed, ShyBoo81 and Edgewater
Just a momentary "aside!" I fully agree with the Post above as COVID gave or they (government) took too much power. All the horror from that is now become ever more evident!

Where the difference occurs is that this was a SARS-covid outbreak from a lab in China. The importance of that differentiation is that Lab artificially link of SARS with covid and it will have lasting effects to those who now suffer from Long COVID.

Governments need to admit the errors and those that took it too far need to pay for those unneeded efforts. Medical care for those now suffering from Long COVID need to be addressed.

Last edited:
yes back in the 70s growing up. When things were normal...

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Jorelaxed said:
I was an early 80's kid, born in early 70's
We had the best time growing up, neighborhood kids getting together jumping bike ramps, playing with STOMPERS mini 4x4 trucks, Go-Bots, boom boxes, playing Atari 2600 module, TV Dinners!, sliding down grass hills with cardboard boxes, making push carts with old trailer wheels, tree clubhouse meetings.
Watching cartoons Saturday morning, M.A.S.K
Thundercats, Snorks, Voltron, Masters of the Universe, Looney Toones, Wonder Twins, Hall of justice Heroes, Heathcliff, tooo many to list.😁
Playing around with Panasonic under dash cassette players powered by taping up 9 "D"batteries in series with masking tape.
YES YES YES........... Social media was the house with all the bikes in the yard

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Jorelaxed
BengieG said:
YES YES YES........... Social media was the house with all the bikes in the yard
agreed!.😁

Sometimes. But other than that, I'd say I'm a happy 90s baby and 2000s kid.

I was born 28 December 1989. I lived in the 80’s for 3 days. I grew up with a lot of 80’s bleedover. Movies, TV, toys, music, and what other stuff you can think of. Objects like appliances and cars weren’t immediately replaced. So I saw a lot of carryover from the previous decade. I feel like I contradict myself when I say this but the 90’s were a dramatic time for America. Plastics were becoming increasingly more common. Products became cheaper. Trade with China increased significantly. We beat the Russians. The economy was doing great for most of the decade. Things were shifting from analog to digital across the board. The internet and cable tv was really taking off. The contradiction could come from the fact that digital technology, internet and cable tv was happening in the 80’s but I don’t think it was as widespread as it was in the 90’s.

So being that I was born at the very tip of the 80’s. I wish I could have been more immersed in it. Because I enjoy so much from that decade. The last few carbureted engines were phased out in the early, early 90’s. 91 seems to be the last year for a ton of cars. Mostly trucks and SUVs. It seemed like most people lived within their means and made enough to get by. Maybe a little extra on the side to pay for stuff like vacation every so often or buy gifts but no one had credit cards except wealthy people. It always seemed like our culture was moving towards a colorblind society. Lots of black entertainers were coming up through the ranks. The “token black guy” really took off in the 80’s. It seems we’ve shifted the other way about the issue of racism. All of the hard work of the civil rights movement broke down barriers to then create a culture to where everything is racist now.

The thing I think about mostly is technology. Corded phones, the fact that you memorized phone numbers rather than storing them in a digital phone book. Or you actually used a phone book for its intended purpose. Incandescent lightbulbs. The fact you had to work your schedule around a tv or radio show. Or record it on VHS. Which required planning. A lot more stuff committed to memory because we didn’t have google at the tips of our fingers. I guess my thing was that I wore plastic backed disposable diapers. The 80’s were the hay day for that. The poofier and crinklier they were the better they were. It seems to have influenced a ton of ABDLs.

• Love
Reactions: AndyPandy and ShyBoo81
I was a bedwetter and diaper wearer from the day I was born until 1963 when at 17 I finally stopped wetting my bed and needing to be diapered at night. That's when I developed my love for all things involving cloth diapers and rubber pants since we had no access to disposable diapers then. On the other hand it would have been nice to grow up with the internet where I could have discovered much sooner that there are many people like me who love to wet themselves, wear diapers, even mess in them.

I get the feeling that the 1980’s-90’s were easier because it was pre-Covid, pre-08’ recession, pre-9/11. The threat of nuclear war was the primary concern and domestic issues that we all have to tend with. With the advent of the internet. We’re more aware of everything. The burden of knowing is extremely stressful. Ignorance is bliss. Things “back then” were easier because you simply didn’t know any different. Nuclear war is still a threat. Simply because the Russians lost doesn’t mean the nukes disappeared. People forget that Russian nukes are still pointed at their targets in the west. So are ours pointed at Russia. But you settled in your heart that you hope that if it came to be. You would die fast in the literal flash of a light. You wouldn’t even see it coming. So just enjoy life. The luxury we struggle to have today.

Reactions: AndyPandy and ShyBoo81
I12BLittle89 said:
I get the feeling that the 1980’s-90’s were easier because it was pre-Covid, pre-08’ recession, pre-9/11. The threat of nuclear war was the primary concern and domestic issues that we all have to tend with. With the advent of the internet. We’re more aware of everything. The burden of knowing is extremely stressful. Ignorance is bliss. Things “back then” were easier because you simply didn’t know any different. Nuclear war is still a threat. Simply because the Russians lost doesn’t mean the nukes disappeared. People forget that Russian nukes are still pointed at their targets in the west. So are ours pointed at Russia. But you settled in your heart that you hope that if it came to be. You would die fast in the literal flash of a light. You wouldn’t even see it coming. So just enjoy life. The luxury we struggle to have today.
Na we had the desks to hide under if that happened. We were allowed to be feral. Out in the morning and back when the street lights came on . We played hard. No helmets, sticks for guns.. no one was offended bay every little thing. Got into fights, settled the score and moved on as friends.

Reactions: I12BLittle89
Im a late Millennial (born 1994) Yeah, Ive had daydreams about life if I was born as a GenX or Baby Boomer. If theres ONE big reason why I wish I grew up in the older generations, its because the economy was better back then than it is now. Cant say for sure if this was true, but I often hear that Baby Boomers lived through an economic boom where they had plenty of good job opportunities available straight out of high school, earned a livable wage, were able to buy a home, and fully support themselves financially with just one source of income at a young age. God, sometimes I wish I grew up in the Baby Boomer generation where I could have had that financial opportunity to move out and afford a place entirely on my own at age 20. Unfortunately, from all the trends I see with my generation, all of this is becoming a pipe dream. I dont wanna rant too much about how Millennials and GenZ are screwed, but there are statistics which show that more and more young people are unable to afford a home now compared to prior generations. I feel like the only way people in their 20s can make a decent living nowadays is by working overtime and making compromises, either by splitting rent with other roommates, or staying with your parents until you can dig yourself out financially (however long that may take) Its tough being on your own as a young adult nowadays.

Although when it comes to the social aspect between different generations, Im more on the fence about it. I think growing up as Baby Boomer or GenX without social media would have been nice. Surprisingly as Millennial, I dont use mainstream social media apps that much (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc) mostly cause I enjoy other hobbies more than I do being on social media. I cant vibe with some MIllenials or GenZs because Im out of the loop when it comes to trendy stuff on the internet. HOWEVER, my biggest gripe is that making new friends within my generation seems hard nowadays. I will admit, as an introvert I dont have great social skills. I dont know if its just me, or if its social media to blame, but some people are just so... defensive with their tone and assume the worse out of everyone else. Im suspicious that growing up with social media is the reason why young people have a hard time meeting other new people in person. Similar to what @Diaperman95 says, you cant even have a friendly conversation with strangers anymore in this generation because its like walking on eggshells.

Despite the negative social aspect I mentioned so far, Im still on the fence about wanting to be a Baby Boomer or GenX for one good reason: my generation (and GenZ) as a whole does NOT tolerate racism, homophobia, transphobia, or other forms of hate against minority groups. As an Asian guy, I appraciate this alot. Also, I love how young poeple are more open to other sexualities and gender expressions too. Thats a huge plus because even though Im a straight male, I view my gender expression as a mix of both masculine and feminine. Im not sure how comfortable I would be as myself if I grew up in the 60s, 70s, or 80s.

Lastly, when it comes to technology, well Im happy to stay here as a Millennial lol. Im pretty satisfied with the tech we have now because all my hobbies are objectively better than before thanks to technology (mountain bikes, road bikes, RC airplanes, videogames, digital art, and more!) And its thanks to the internet that I discovered what ABDL is when I was a teen. Im quite comfortable being myself as a little and wearing diapers because of the online community.

Last edited:
TommyTheDiaperDuck said:
I always wish I could of been born in the 90's or something, just to see what it was like. See how some people went without smartphones and gaming computers.
I think you'd have to go further back than that, to the 80s at minimum lol. I was born in the 90s and some kids already had smartphones by the time I was in high school

Reactions: TommyTheDiaperDuck and Edgewater
ShyBoo81 said:
Im a late Millennial (born 1994) Yeah, Ive had daydreams about life if I was born as a GenX or Baby Boomer. If theres ONE big reason why I wish I grew up in the older generations, its because the economy was better back then than it is now. Cant say for sure if this was true, but I often hear that Baby Boomers lived through an economic boom where they had plenty of good job opportunities available straight out of high school, earned a livable wage, were able to buy a home, and fully support themselves financially with just one source of income at a young age. God, sometimes I wish I grew up in the Baby Boomer generation where I could have had that financial opportunity to move out and afford a place entirely on my own at age 20. Unfortunately, from all the trends I see with my generation, all of this is becoming a pipe dream. I dont wanna rant too much about how Millennials and GenZ are screwed, but there are statistics which show that more and more young people are unable to afford a home now compared to prior generations. I feel like the only way people in their 20s can make a decent living nowadays is by working overtime and making compromises, either by splitting rent with other roommates, or staying with your parents until you can dig yourself out financially (however long that may take) Its tough being on your own as a young adult nowadays.

Although when it comes to the social aspect between different generations, Im more on the fence about it. I think growing up as Baby Boomer or GenX without social media would have been nice. Surprisingly as Millennial, I dont use mainstream social media apps that much (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc) mostly cause I enjoy other hobbies more than I do being on social media. I cant vibe with some MIllenials or GenZs because Im out of the loop when it comes to trendy stuff on the internet. HOWEVER, my biggest gripe is that making new friends within my generation seems hard nowadays. I will admit, as an introvert I dont have great social skills. I dont know if its just me, or if its social media to blame, but some people are just so... defensive with their tone and assume the worse out of everyone else. Im suspicious that growing up with social media is the reason why young people have a hard time meeting other new people in person. Similar to what @Diaperman95 says, you cant even have a friendly conversation with strangers anymore in this generation because its like walking on eggshells.

Despite the negative social aspect I mentioned so far, Im still on the fence about wanting to be a Baby Boomer or GenX for one good reason: my generation (and GenZ) as a whole does NOT tolerate racism, homophobia, transphobia, or other forms of hate against minority groups. As an Asian guy, I appraciate this alot. Also, I love how young poeple are more open to other sexualities and gender expressions too. Thats a huge plus because even though Im a straight male, I view my gender expression as a mix of both masculine and feminine. Im not sure how comfortable I would be as myself if I grew up in the 60s, 70s, or 80s.

Lastly, when it comes to technology, well Im happy to stay here as a Millennial lol. Im pretty satisfied with the tech we have now because all my hobbies are objectively better than before thanks to technology (mountain bikes, road bikes, RC airplanes, videogames, digital art, and more!) And its thanks to the internet that I discovered what ABDL is when I was a teen. Im quite comfortable being myself as a little and wearing diapers because of the online community.

Thank for the belief that it was a wonderful, easy life as a Baby Boomer. However your description falls far short of the reality of those years.
- Incomes to allow only one parent to work left in the very early 50's. It took two incomes to have what you describe.
- Jobs that paid well, never started at that level, it required hard work and dedication with promotions to achieve that.
- There were several down turns in the economy, a period of extremely high-interest rates that blocked vast numbers out of being able to buy a home.
- Oh, and yes, we had a war (Vietnam) that took its toll as that war was the last of the Draft, after which we became an all volunteer based armed forces. Coming home found one with protesters spitting and decrying those who went as: Baby Killers!
- Far more issues, but clearly all survivable with a willingness too.

Today,:
- If one has a 'solid' education in the 'hard sciences' there are vast numbers of great organizations looking for individuals that are willing to show-up, on-time , work and not living life texting or gaming while they need be working.
- Also, the Trades are looking for individual that are willing to learn a trade (they will teach you) with the same base require as provided just above.
- I have found that today's young are among the worst when it comes to being tolerate as anyone that has the slightest disagreement with 'their view' is trashed for not being enlightened in Woke Beliefs.

A Warning:
- Just around the next corner is AI, which is going to eliminate vast number of jobs that will result in vast unemployment as organization invest in AI because it works 24/7.
- What will this generation do with all the Excess Population? Well, it is already limiting Life Prolonging Services!

A New Hope (Mental Health Challenges)
- The effects and COVID actions of governments (Worldwide) will have a lasting effect (projected to be decades) as hundreds of thousands, and likely more, are already displaying an ever richer mixture of Mental Health issues with far from enough available support services.
- Many of those looking for comfort may turn to their very early years and as a result a huge increase in the AB/DL community.

• Sad
Reactions: ShyBoo81
Back