Do you dislike wearing a diaper, like them or are you ambivalent?

LifeInPlastic said:
I was quite grossed out by AB/DLs at first and despised them due to predjudices and simply not knowing anything about them past "they shit themselves for giggles while wearing oversized children clothes". But in fact they are just like the rest just with a different hobby. I realised over time we sit in the same boad and it's better to stick together and learn from each other. For me absorbend underwear takes care of a physical problem for them it takes care of a mental/emotional one. Two sides of the same coin in my eyes.

Cheers
That's a very good way to look at it. I'm the oddball using it to take care of a logistical problem. :LOL: I know I'm not the only one, though. For some, it's just rocket science. 🤣

Reactions: Diprs2 and MegaLugia
Damn, I can't get what "logistical" is suposed to mean in this context. -.-'

Cheers

Reactions: Diprs2
LifeInPlastic said:
Damn, I can't get what "logistical" is suposed to mean in this context. -.-'

Cheers
Getting things to an appropriate place at an appropriate time. It's a shipping term of sorts.

Astronauts in spacesuits for many hours wear them, hence my joke. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
Well I started wearing again because of bedwetting issues... To be honest the first night it was quite embarrassing... It was the first time that anybody outside of a caregiving adult had seen me like that, since I was in my early teen years

But obviously after kissing the bed there was no way I could just pretend like that didn't happen

I mean I couldn't blame it on my wife and I couldn't blame it on the dog

So yeah I did not like it... But here We are maybe two and a half weeks of wearing... And honestly it's kind of interesting... It's created a routine... I feel like my wife and I are closer... I found that it's kind of relaxing, and calming... Almost like it sort of centers you... And for some strange reason I seem to wake up most nights pretty horny... So it's definitely improved or sex life which is something I would have never thought

So if you'd ask me two and a half weeks ago I would have said no I do not like it or enjoy it... But if you asked me today I would probably say yes... It's grown on me

And I suppose it helps that the wife sometimes pets the crotch area of the diaper... Lol 🤣. there is no way I would have let her do that the first couple days... In fact even though it was pretty hot as it's the middle of the summer, I still found myself wearing flannel PJs to bed to try and obscure the diaper line

So yeah I guess I kind of like it now... It's definitely not as bad as I thought it was, even a little fun

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, MegaLugia and 2 others
I very much love wearing diapers! I love the security it gives not to be tied closer to a bathroom and the convenience of not having to get up in the night

Reactions: Diprs2, MegaLugia and PadPhilosopher
There are times when diapers are kind of a pain but 98% of the time I just don't care, diapers are just a different type of underwear and are really not worth getting bent out of shape over.

What does bother me is the people that act like I should be ashamed or embarrassed and not live my life to the fullest because I have to wear diapers... but the absolute worst is the people that refuse to believe that I'm happy regardless of my need for protection and that incontinence can be discussed openly among friends who are or have previously been affected by incontinence without needing to be defensive or worried about being insulted.

That's my 2 cents about it!

• Love
Reactions: enthusi, Diprs2, MegaLugia and 3 others
greatlake5 said:
Do you dislike wearing a diaper, like them or are you ambivalent? Some people actually hate wearing a diaper. Probably these people are new to IC, hate wearing one and simply would never get used to wearing one. Then there are people (the ABDL group) who just love wearing one (even if they are new to IC). And there are people (like me) who have been IC for a longer time and are ambivalent.

I'm in the later group. I was born urinary and bowel IC profoundly. And I don't love or hate wearing a diaper. It's just a tool for making life easier. Whether it's wetting clothes or furniture, BM accidents and simply help me keep my dignity (or privacy). Wearing a diaper helps me everyday without fail.

Which group are you? Hate or dislike, love or like or simply ambivalent? And why?
I love wearing a diaper and plastic pants more than I do any other clothing. I don't ever like having to wear shoes because barefoot is best for me unless it's cold. Then I only wear socks at night because apparently I don't like covering up at night because I always end up kicking the covers off.

Reactions: Diprs2 and MegaLugia
I like it now, but I didn't like wearing protection when I was a child/teen. It messed with my self esteem and gave me bad anxiety because kids can be cruel, and I was bullied relentlessly for my incontinence in primary/middle. It took a really long time to accept even wearing nappies, let alone how I feel about them now. A lot of the acceptance came from purposely regressing and roleplaying being little again, except this time I don't get picked on haha

Reactions: JolandaH, Diprs2, MegaLugia and 1 other person
I just use them for what they are. I do love them in the fact they let me live a pretty normal The fact is they are always getting better and I love to try on new products to see what works best for me.

Reactions: Diprs2, diaperdude and PadPhilosopher
This question is really interesting to me. I would agree with others that my appreciation and/or disdain for the product has shifted over the years. I was born with a number of birth defects. Most of them cause me no long term problems, but I had bladder challenges from an early age, though not to the point of needing diapers full time. At age 13 I remember my mom confronting me about my bedwetting and asking if I thought I needed diapers. Being 13, I of course denied, deflected, and flat out refused. What I didn't say (but should have) was that I was having a lot of problems both day and night. By the time I was living on my own, it was getting progressively worse.

Despite this, I very much avoided using any kind of protection, to the point of nearly damaging my kidneys, wrecking my sleep, and being a nervous disaster during the day. I also tried a lot of different things: baby diapers inside underwear, pads, guards, medications, condom catheters, pull-ups, and finally yes, adult "briefs". As embarrassing as it was at the time, I came to realize that they were the solution that (mostly) worked the most reliably. Easy to change, unlike pull-ups. No side effects, unlike meds. And not prone to catastrophic failures, unlike condom caths (ugh...half a liter of pee on the floor at work....SO embarrassing).

I started out with Depends and quickly moved to Attends, back when those were basically the only game in town. This was not a joyous time. Although diapers allowed me to function as a basic level, I was annoyed and embarrassed. The products were not great and needed constant changes, leaked regularly, and generally sucked. But this was all I knew and I never thought that it could be any other way. At this point I would say I was firmly in the "dislike" category.

Then in 2001 I went to Sweden to study engineering. It was massively expensive to ship cases of Attends from the US, so I started looking around for a local supply. This is when I discovered European diapers, specifically Abena. Mind blown. These were far better! Miraculous even. Full nights of sleep with no wet bed. Hours out with friends and no leaks. Going for an entire afternoon and not having to even bring a change. This was a revelation, and it really began to change my mind about diapers. Instead of looking for "less" (or no) diaper, I suddenly discovered I wanted more diaper. I mean, if you're gonna wear it, it might as well be helpful and not just soggy and annoying. I emailed Abena and begged them to bring their product to the USA.

Abena came the to US a few years later and I like to think that I made the happen. LOL. Or not. But from this entry of Abena to the US market, XP Medical was born. For 13 years I lived and breathed diapers and became an expert in everything about them. I got to try the best products in the world and share them in my store. I got to talk to a lot of other users. and suddenly I could see that I was not alone. The number of people I had on auto-delivery for bedwetting alone was amazing to me. We are actually a really big community, even if most never talk to others about their "secret". This realization helped my self esteem and acceptance a lot.

Looking back I would say that any kind of successful incontinence management is a positive feedback loop. No protection (or bad protection) = stress, embarrassment, leaks, odors. Using protection = enjoying life. Using better protection = enjoying life even more! Less worries, less stress, less embarrassment, more of just enjoying things. After decades of this positive feedback loop I have to admit that I really do appreciate a good diaper. Not having to worry *at all* about leaks is liberating. Would I wear them if I didn't need them? No. But do I hate them? Not at all. My life is better because of them and for that I am thankful.

Yea, there is always the diaper stigma, but after so many years, I am over being ashamed of it. I can count on one hand the number of times I have had a negative response from anyone about my underwear. Seriously. Like twice a decade at most. On the other hand I would need 10,000+ pages to list out all the times that wearing my special "briefs" has helped me enjoy life to the fullest. So I have a hard time saying I'm ambivalent about something that has such an impact on my life, almost entirely in a beneficial way.

I guess I would summarize it like this: I have tried really hard to make the most of life and not let incon hold me back. Good diapers make that possible. Great diapers make it easy. I'm glad they exist and glad that they are so much better than they used to be.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pavment, FrenchFriedOnion, Pino and 7 others
im still breaking th e shame barrier

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I actually really enjoy the comfort of a diaper. About an hour before bedtime I will put on a high capacity diaper with a booster. The thickness and the padding is like a security blanket and I feel very comforted wearing

Reactions: Mapboy, RachelOlivia, Diprs2 and 2 others
It’s taken me a long time to get here, but I’ve made peace with my diapered state.

I wear for medical reasons but at the same time, I like to wear ABDL diapers because I feel more comfortable and confident in them.

I prefer to use diapers to manage my broken bladder rather than a catheter and leg bag, because I also deal with severe chronic nerve pains in my pelvis, and wearing a thick crinkly diaper also acts as a comfy cushion.

Do I love the fact that I need them? No, of course not. But am I pleased that I have them to manage this condition? You bet.

If this is what I’ve been given in life to manage, at least this way I can do it with some style, and not feel ashamed about it.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

• Love
Reactions: bdale, Diprs2, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
InvestigativePhilosopher said:
For some, it's just rocket science. 🤣
You mean "NOT rocket science."

Reactions: RachelOlivia
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
You mean "NOT rocket science."
No, astronauts wear them sometimes. I meant what I said. :)

• Haha
Reactions: RachelOlivia, LifeInPlastic and UnderTheRadar
I love w we ari g diapers they keep me dry and clean I am dubble incontinent

Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
I'm 32m, U-IC for 4 years now after it started as bedwetting and got progressively worse, including daytime incontinence. At first I was resistant to diapers, but realized quickly the benefits to wearing them. Admittedly there are a few drawbacks in my life:
-Summer heat can be brutal (chafing, sweat, rashes, etc., especially if it's humid)
-Exercising (I don't go a Gym anymore because of this- I just work out in my downstairs garage, diaperless- sometimes there's a little leakage, but it's only 30 or so minutes and I try to time it to after a recent void).
-Packing for trips (either have to preorder diapers to the hotel or pack a shit-ton)
-The anxiety and stress of wearing around people/colleagues who don't know yet and wondering what their reaction would be if they found out.

So now I'm just accepting of needing to wear diapers as a medical need- neither like nor dislike them I suppose. I figure if this is the stick I drew for my major medical issue in life (figure most everyone is gonna get something), it could be a lot worse.

• Sad
Reactions: LifeInPlastic, sport1, diaperdude and 3 others
pugglesmuggles said:
-Packing for trips (either have to preorder diapers to the hotel or pack a shit-ton)
I can well relate to this one. Going up north to a remote island cabin, forced me to pack 2/3 of my carry on bag with overnight diapers. If my wife and I ever end up flying across the pond, this would be even worse. I'd hate trusting deliveries to a hotel, especially on different continents (there's just too many ways for that to go wrong).

Reactions: diaperdude
I’m fortunate that it’s not an every day thing where I have to wear 24/7, I would definitely hate that. I’m reasonably healthy, but when I have flare ups it’s necessary for me to wear one. I never wear one just for pleasure, at least by myself, but if I was ever asked to I would. It doesn’t bother me to wear one, they are comfortable, but I guess I don’t really think about it until it becomes a necessity.

Reactions: sport1, PadPhilosopher, slimjiminy and 1 other person
These days wearing a Nappy is the only safe option for me as any internal device leads to an infection which reduces my Bladder control of which I have very little control over and my bowels are becoming a bit shakey too so a Nappy is my only option.
And I am very happy with wearing them as they fully restore my confidence with any leaks or spills I have.

Back