Do you dislike wearing a diaper, like them or are you ambivalent?

My DL side enjoys the thought of being diapered and the comfort of them, but I hate needing them.

Reactions: Diprs2, NappiedTruckDriver and EcoIncon
Just love the idea and the feeling.

Reactions: Diprs2
I started out in the hospital with diapers. When I came home I used Incontinent Pants. But I wet too much and kept leaking at the worst tune times and lucky Nobody has seen me with wet pants. So I went to diapers if I wet myself and paid attention to how wet I was I was safe.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Diprs2
Love wearing as they’ve made life easier , just hate the clean up of a non normal BM 🤢 and I may have one a week due to coeliacs

I wear Attends Bariatric Pull-ups 24/7 for "leaks, dribbles, and skid marks" mostly for the convenience of my care-givers. They're just really absorbent underwear to me.

EcoIncon said:
I hate wearing them. I don't like the chafing, the occasional smell (especially when eating asparagus), taking extra time to change them, leaks, washing, the expense, etc. There is really nothing I like about them other than the fact that I don't usually pee my pants.

All of that said... life would be so much harder without them.
Powder helps me or try a cream near the legs maybe that would help used to get chafing had to air out every now and then.

bdale said:
When I was younger, I hated that I had to wear a diaper to bed. When I was eleven my parents let me make my own decision on whether to wear a diaper or clean up when I wet the bed. I soon realized a wet diaper is better than a wet bed.

I would say I like them for the convenience they provide but dislike the fact I need them.
I’d have to agree that changing out of a wet diaper in the morning is far easier than stripping the bed and putting on fresh sheets not to mention how much less laundry it is. Unfortunately I was offered diapers at around age 7 but declined as I just wanted to wear plastic pants without anything between them and my tush. If I had accepted the offer I could of had 3 years of not waking up in a cold, wet, stinky bed until I finally started waking up dry.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, bdale and Diprs2
This question is about as loaded as my brief after my morning coffee triggers my IBS .......I wish I could give a straight answer but I'm all over the place.... I've dealt with urinary IC off and on for a long time....as time has gone on it's gotten worse after a number of medical issues several years ago I've been completely IC.... diapers 24-7 for about 3.5 years ...now when wearing intermittently and just for UIC I did pretty good I didn't mind too much and in a odd way began to like the convenience...there were times I wore just to be super lazy because I grew tired of running to the bathroom constantly and yes in the later years occasionally I would wear sometimes for convenience long drives and movies and such and especially when I first started having issues with IBS ...driving home from a somewhat distant restaurant was risky and I thought what the hell and after a while I really didn't mind it so much.
But when things progressed to being completely incontinent and having to wear 24-7 and not having a choice is when things really started going sideways for me. It's a bit odd because there are days I almost like it..don't care what happens I'm fine with it and almost enjoy all the feeling of whatever happens ....then there are days where I get annoyed with it and some days I outright hate it. And honestly I shouldn't say days because it can change several times a day ... sometimes it feels like my body is betraying me and I feel disgusted by my self and other times I'm perfectly fine fully loading my diaper while drinking coffee...I have found not fighting my IBS or uic is way less painful physically and mentally....but sometimes it just gets to me. I miss it being a choice and me being in a little more control...now my body does what it wants when it wants and trying to fight it is very painful and rarely changes the outcome. I've been to so many Drs had many tests and I have a lot wrong medically and have been told there is very little chance of regaining my control I have severe IBS along with severe male pelvic floor dysfunction, nerve damage, oab, interstitial cystitis, diabetes, and kidney damage amongst other things ....so there ya have it ....some times I'm almost a bit of a DL and others I would do anything to be out of diapers and am repulsed by my self. Pretty messed up right ?

I am fortunate that my incontinence isn't so severe as to need diapers/nappies, although I have experimented when it has been necessary in the past. I personally prefer to avoid them for as long as possible, from a comfort, financial and environmental viewpoint.

I can currently manage with ordinary briefs, although they do get dirty and/or a bit wet, so I do have to change more than once a day.

As a life-long bed wetter and now having some minor urge/dribble problems in the daytime, diapers are a comfortable part of life. I wear every night and have started some kind of protection most days now as well (though not full-on diapers in the daytime).

As a DL, I love the fit and feel of my diapers. I wear cloth pull-on diapers/plastic pants at night and around home. I use a size 7 baby diaper as a stuffer inside my sung-fitting tighty-whities or a Boy's Goodnite XL during the daytime when I am away from home. The baby diaper stuffer or GN meet my daytime needs well at this time, don't know if this will get more serious over time...

Overall, I like wearing a diaper.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I thought some time about a new Botox round, during winter the diapers were O.K. for me, but with two weeks over 30c° my decision was clear:

One more Botox for me, what in the end means less diapers and more catheters. Not everyone favorite either i think.

I can not tell i hate diapers, not more than i hate my glasses, the comparison comes up often, so, what is my alternative beside Botox and catheters? Walking around and pee my pants? Not really an alternative.
Usually i am very pragmatic with it: I do need them, so i do wear them (and try to not be ashamed of it).

But there is one more point, because for sure i like some diapers more than others. I do prefer plastic back diapers without any special reason i could tell, i like their better fit / hold and i even like the crinkle when not to extreme. I like them "thicker" / more absorbent, so i feel "safe".
In real life i try to get around as discrete as possible of course and use that kind of diapers that functions best in the situation.

Responding to the OP, I'm a little bit outside of the three categories.

I started using pullups, and then later diapers, to manage IC, but over time, I came to genuinely love how they feel to wear. Although using pull ups felt odd at first, the sense of protection was far beyond what I had expected, and in fairly short time, when I put one on, I liked the bulky feeling, because it meant I was "good to go" and worry free. The same thing happened again when I started using diapers at night because they worked better than pullups, and felt more "positive" in terms of coverage and protection. So the tight, bulky fit, and even the plastic crinkling sound, all morphed into a positive association.

Because I love how they feel, I include "DL" in my profile even if it's for a different reason than most. And I should add that I have no judgement against anyone who wears diapers for any reason. If using them makes you feel good, then tape up and enjoy :)

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and diaperdude
HalMidLife said:
Responding to the OP, I'm a little bit outside of the three categories.

I started using pullups, and then later diapers, to manage IC, but over time, I came to genuinely love how they feel to wear. Although using pull ups felt odd at first, the sense of protection was far beyond what I had expected, and in fairly short time, when I put one on, I liked the bulky feeling, because it meant I was "good to go" and worry free. The same thing happened again when I started using diapers at night because they worked better than pullups, and felt more "positive" in terms of coverage and protection. So the tight, bulky fit, and even the plastic crinkling sound, all morphed into a positive association.

Because I love how they feel, I include "DL" in my profile even if it's for a different reason than most. And I should add that I have no judgement against anyone who wears diapers for any reason. If using them makes you feel good, then tape up and enjoy :)
This is totally me as well. I seriously don’t think I could give up diapers now.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Wetshisbed
diaperdude said:
This is totally me as well. I seriously don’t think I could give up diapers now.
Yes, and I love your "...new underwear" tagline. I truly do think of them as "my underwear". Even if I had a cure for IC, I would still wear them to bed - 100% certain of it.

• Love
greatlake5 said:
Do you dislike wearing a diaper, like them or are you ambivalent? Some people actually hate wearing a diaper. Probably these people are new to IC, hate wearing one and simply would never get used to wearing one. Then there are people (the ABDL group) who just love wearing one (even if they are new to IC). And there are people (like me) who have been IC for a longer time and are ambivalent.

I'm in the later group. I was born urinary and bowel IC profoundly. And I don't love or hate wearing a diaper. It's just a tool for making life easier. Whether it's wetting clothes or furniture, BM accidents and simply help me keep my dignity (or privacy). Wearing a diaper helps me everyday without fail.

Which group are you? Hate or dislike, love or like or simply ambivalent? And why?
I had little choice but to go back in them when my wetting and ibc came along but have over the yrs adjusted to them.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
It's like a waves. I have periods when I love them and periods when I hate them and I want to get rid of diapers and everything related. But I have found that it is a bit expensive to buy everytime all that "little" stuff again and again so when I have a period of abstinency I put everything in a box and hide in attic up to next "I wanna diapers" period.

I have been in nappies for over ten years now. Honestly I couldn't imagine not wearing them now.

i love them so much i where even during the day if i can afford to :love:

Reactions: Diprs2
At first I hated the need for them and was very concerned who knew, but now after years of needing them.(mainly at night) I just don't think about it. As a volunteer fire fighter when the pager goes off I get up and run to the call. (But when I m wearing a nighttime diaper and plastic cover, I just don't do interior stuff. There's plenty of exterior stuff to be done. My chief knows my medical condition and allows me to choose. During the.day I wear depends real.fit and I do all aspects of what needs to be done. It's now that I just think of it as underwear.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2, diaperdude and 1 other person
When it was first suggested by the hospital that I should wear an adult nappy I was taken aback but two and half years later they are just my normal underwear. I do not stress when putting them on plus the Mylesta waterproof pants as they enable me to function and do what I want. I look upon them the same way as I do my glasses which I put on in the morning and do not give it a second thought.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Diprs2 and Wetshisbed
Back