Disposable or cloth?

parcelboy2 said:
We in a nice wet terry nappy at the moment which will be messy soon as well

Nothing beats that feeling in the whole world.

When I am at home I use only Terry nappies - I have some 42 inch ones which I pad with 24 or 27 inch ones. (Brightbot make 27" ones.) As a teenager and young adult I wore Kintal or Boots Brumas baby pants which were quite big enough but later had difficulty finding suitable ones then when I found somebody to make them up I had difficulty getting suitable vinyl/plastic. Now I get Drylife plastic pants which are the nearest I have been able to find with tunnel elastics to those I wore as a teenager when a kind Housemaster's wife put me back in nappies to avoid other boys at a boarding school discovering I still wet my bed. Unfortunately recently Drylife has had limited stock of the pants I like but I keep hoping they will get some more before my current ones wear out.
On holiday I use a Tesco Junior Plus nappy with a small baby disposable inside it which is strategically placed with a bedwetting alarm in it. Over the top of those I have a pair of terry training pants under a smaller than usual pair of the Drylife pants. The alarm means that even the bigger disposable often does not get wet so there's not too much for me to throw away discreetly.

Reactions: Brumas94 and newAB43
Sometime
newAB43 said:
Making sure the security is there. Lol.
And sometimes whe she do that, she put over Tena or BetterDry plastip pull up pants and then plastic baced Velcro, and then snap on short onesie or back zipped footed ones.
Very thick. She litteraly enforce that I relax and enjoy diapered day at home.

• Love
Reactions: newAB43
Not a wearer myself, but my interest lies in plastic-backed tape-on disposables, either plain white, pink, or violet, with no prints/pictures (wetness indicators and medical prints are ok), wrapped carefully around a nice woman with a sweet & kind disposition. The thicker the padding, the better.

Nappywetter said:
When I am at home I use only Terry nappies - I have some 42 inch ones which I pad with 24 or 27 inch ones. (Brightbot make 27" ones.) As a teenager and young adult I wore Kintal or Boots Brumas baby pants which were quite big enough but later had difficulty finding suitable ones then when I found somebody to make them up I had difficulty getting suitable vinyl/plastic. Now I get Drylife plastic pants which are the nearest I have been able to find with tunnel elastics to those I wore as a teenager when a kind Housemaster's wife put me back in nappies to avoid other boys at a boarding school discovering I still wet my bed. Unfortunately recently Drylife has had limited stock of the pants I like but I keep hoping they will get some more before my current ones wear out.
On holiday I use a Tesco Junior Plus nappy with a small baby disposable inside it which is strategically placed with a bedwetting alarm in it. Over the top of those I have a pair of terry training pants under a smaller than usual pair of the Drylife pants. The alarm means that even the bigger disposable often does not get wet so there's not too much for me to throw away discreetly.

Wow. That’s a lot of security and safety. On board with that.

Anyone care to post links for great cloth products?

M-4 is the most popular otc but for my preferences it is defently cloth with a heavy Gerber style plastic panties ppl worry more about rash due to the wetness being next to the skin with cloth, but in all reality with disposable didies its not much different with disposable in hot weather or warn and in very cold winter you've got more clothing that is trapping the moisture they say micro bacteria but in all reality it's the moisture constantly being trapped inside an being warmed without the skin being able to air out why no matter whatvyou use to stop things like yeast an etc a good ointment should always be used. Exp if your 24/7 365 as I am. A rash is very uncomfortable let alone can be very embarrassing.. I know first hand. Cloth more cost at first less wast to deal with in the end. Yes cloth needs to be thicker but who doesn't like the thickness let alone the forced waddle that comes from it and you haven't experienced that warm thickness being pinned on straight from the dryer heavenly like a warn cloud wrapping you

newAB43 said:
What are some of y’all’s preferences in being padded?
I love both it all depends on my whim 🥰 🚼❤️

michaelmc said:
I love both it all depends on my whim 🥰 🚼❤️

Nothing wrong with that. Best of both worlds. Wish I could be more like that. 🙄

Reactions: michaelmc
DannyBBaby said:
I use mostly cloth diapers and vinyl pullons I have disposable for when I go on road trips.
Same!! Except at night when I wear disposable. I feel more babyish with cloth

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: michaelmc, MegaLugia and newAB43
DBabygirl2 said:
Same!! Except at night when I wear disposable. I feel more babyish with cloth
Disposables all the way no matter what the situation.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
newAB43 said:
Disposables all the way no matter what the situation.
(y)

Reactions: wearforsafety, MegaLugia and newAB43
Reactions: foxkits
For me, I like disposables because of the plastic-backed texture and that it's easier to change with the diaper tape. Disposables are odor resistant, and more waterproof like a raincoat. I also just love how the padding absorbs too. The only downside is that disposables take millions of years to biodegrade in the landfills. If there was a disposable diaper ban, I would be heartbroken since I grew up with them since when I was born and even, I would preserve some of the disposables.

As for cloths/reusables, I don't mind them, but it doesn't have that nice plastic-backed texture or the tapes and the only downside with cloths/reusables, is that they might not be odor resistant. I always grew up with disposables.

• Love
Reactions: michaelmc, wearforsafety and newAB43
MegaLugia said:
For me, I like disposables because of the plastic-backed texture and that it's easier to change with the diaper tape. Disposables are odor resistant, and more waterproof like a raincoat. I also just love how the padding absorbs too. The only downside is that disposables take millions of years to biodegrade in the landfills. If there was a disposable diaper ban, I would be heartbroken since I grew up with them since when I was born and even, I would preserve some of the disposables.

As for cloths/reusables, I don't mind them, but it doesn't have that nice plastic-backed texture or the tapes and the only downside with cloths/reusables, is that they might not be odor resistant. I always grew up with disposables.

I grew up with disposables too, plastic ones and now have gone over to the cloth-backed. Yes, I would too be saddened by any kind of a disposable diaper ban.

Reactions: michaelmc and MegaLugia
The one thing that I also wonder is, don't hospitals, and senior care centers prefer disposables over cloth/reusables because of bacteria and germ concerns?

MegaLugia said:
The one thing that I also wonder is, don't hospitals, and senior care centers prefer disposables over cloth/reusables because of bacteria and germ concerns?

I think so, when I ever been to a hospital room; they always have disposable diapers.

Reactions: MegaLugia
MegaLugia said:
For me, I like disposables because of the plastic-backed texture and that it's easier to change with the diaper tape.
One big inconvenience with plastic-backed disposables is the embarrassing feel caused by the loud crinkle while wearing them outdoors, hence the reason for which I never go out diapered for a trip in the town.

Back