Disposable or cloth?

BabyTweetyBird said:
One big inconvenience with plastic-backed disposables is the embarrassing feel caused by the loud crinkle while wearing them outdoors, hence the reason for which I never go out diapered for a trip in the town.

Oh that loud crinkle is a deal breaker for wearing plastic back out in public.

• Love
Reactions: michaelmc and Deleted member 56273
newAB43 said:
Oh that loud crinkle is a deal breaker for wearing plastic back out in public.
That's why I prefer wearing pull ups while being outdoors.

Another problem with plastic-backed disposables is an unwanted, accidental visibility of the waistband - even with T-shirts or pull overs covering it.

Reactions: newAB43
BabyTweetyBird said:
That's why I prefer wearing pull ups while being outdoors.

Another problem with plastic-backed disposables is an unwanted, accidental visibility of the waistband - even with T-shirts or pull overs covering it.

Concealment is an issue along with discretion . The whole wardrobe has to be tweaked.

newAB43 said:
Concealment is an issue along with discretion . The whole wardrobe has to be tweaked.
Discretion is a must when you need extra protection during road trips in the city.

Unfortunately pull ups are designed for light and moderate bladder bowel losses, heavy wettings resulting from diuresis require plastic-backed disposables.

Mega Disposables offers pull ups with high absorbency capacity but sadly it's a premium product and therefore unaffordable for my budget. I wouldn't spend 10,24 € just for a bag of 12.

5201263862977_1.png

Reactions: newAB43
BabyTweetyBird said:
Discretion is a must when you need extra protection during road trips in the city.

Unfortunately pull ups are designed for light and moderate bladder bowel losses, heavy wettings resulting from diuresis require plastic-backed disposables.

Mega Disposables offers pull ups with high absorbency capacity but sadly it's a premium product and therefore unaffordable for my budget. I wouldn't spend 10,24 € just for a bag of 12.

View attachment 115490
That's sad and probably because you live on an island the costs of the logistics of supply is higher they look like Morrisons Super Protective Underwear that i get .

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: newAB43 and Deleted member 56273
parcelboy2 said:
We in a nice wet terry nappy at the moment which will be messy soon as well
Although I wear gauze contours and Birdseye prefolds 24/7 for ic I also use a folded terry hand towel as a liner and a folded terry bath towel as a soaker so I get the regular feeling of wet terry cloth.

BabyTweetyBird said:

View attachment 115490

Sorry, you seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

michaelmc said:
That's sad and probably because you live on an island the costs of the logistics of supply is higher they look like Morrisons Super Protective Underwear that i get .

Product of your circumstances

Reactions: MegaLugia and michaelmc
Zeke said:
Although I wear gauze contours and Birdseye prefolds 24/7 for ic I also use a folded terry hand towel as a liner and a folded terry bath towel as a soaker so I get the regular feeling of wet terry cloth.

Do those work well for you

newAB43 said:
Do those work well for you
I’m an engineer by training and as most engineers I have a need to develop a system to deal with a problem and continue to refine it to deal with the situation ever more effectively. Initially I began with disposables, pull-ups then diapers, but they were raising havoc with my fixed income. Remembering back to how economically my wife and I had cloth diapered our children I decided to try them for my needs. I began with cloth gauze contours and later started purchasing Birdseye prefolds. To both of these I often add a folded terry bath towel as a soaker and anytime I’m wearing cloth I add a folded terry hand towel as a liner to ease fecal cleanup. They have worked well for me and I have no problems with leaks unless I get lazy and push my changing time too far. It’s been nearly 8 years now that I’ve been diapered 24/7 for dual incontinence and I’ve found my cloth diapers, with the terry tower as soakers, to be more effective in dealing with my condition than most of the disposables that I’ve tried. I do use Abena M-4s when the logistics of dealing with the return of wet and dirty cloth diapers to difficult and I have used MegaMax on occasion but their cost is prohibitive in my opinion.

Reactions: MegaLugia, newAB43 and michaelmc
Zeke said:
I’m an engineer by training and as most engineers I have a need to develop a system to deal with a problem and continue to refine it to deal with the situation ever more effectively. Initially I began with disposables, pull-ups then diapers, but they were raising havoc with my fixed income. Remembering back to how economically my wife and I had cloth diapered our children I decided to try them for my needs. I began with cloth gauze contours and later started purchasing Birdseye prefolds. To both of these I often add a folded terry bath towel as a soaker and anytime I’m wearing cloth I add a folded terry hand towel as a liner to ease fecal cleanup. They have worked well for me and I have no problems with leaks unless I get lazy and push my changing time too far. It’s been nearly 8 years now that I’ve been diapered 24/7 for dual incontinence and I’ve found my cloth diapers, with the terry tower as soakers, to be more effective in dealing with my condition than most of the disposables that I’ve tried. I do use Abena M-4s when the logistics of dealing with the return of wet and dirty cloth diapers to difficult and I have used MegaMax on occasion but their cost is prohibitive in my opinion.
Zeke said:

That’s great that you have a system that works for you and is cost effective.

TenaciousDL said:
I have special fondness for heavy cloth diapers with pins and plastic pants, perhaps, because these were my first diapers. I love well-made disposables as well, but if I had to choose between one or the other, I'd choose cloth.
I too use a mix, modern disposables are great and quite discreet but nothing beets the feel, looks and comfort of a lovely soft cloth nappy covered with plastic pants.

• Love
Reactions: michaelmc, newAB43, Blekyss and 2 others
Karoq said:
nothing beats the feel, looks and comfort of a lovely soft cloth nappy covered with plastic pants
(y)

• Love
Reactions: newAB43, Blekyss, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Back