Disposable or cloth?

newAB43

Novice AB in training
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
What are some of y’all’s preferences in being padded?

Cloth, with Zorb 3D Heavy Duty Stay Dry Dimple Silver, with ProCool® TransWICK™ X-FIT Sports Jersey Silver CoolMax Fabric sewn to it, against the skin, 2 layers of Zorb Original Silver, and Zorb 3D Heavy Duty Bamboo Dimple Silver, in the middle, and Zorb 3D Organic Cotton Dimple Silver as outermost fabric, with ProSoft® Stretch-FIT Waterproof 1 mil ECO-PUL™ Silver Fabric as a cover, with self engaging fasteners, and the super soft, not-itchy-at-all polyurethane elastic, Preferably right from the dryer, a bit of Lusa Organics Booty Balm, warmed cloth wipes. Yep, I've thought this out. Can you tell?

Silver means there's a tiny bit of silver in the fabric, which helps it be antibacterial, and Zorb is a super absorbent fabric. TransWICK x-fit is a fabric with 2 sides. The hydrophilic side goes against the skin, and the hydrophobic side goes against the Zorb.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lilstevie56, Prillprillprill, Andrewgdfw and 4 others
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Cloth, with Zorb 3D Heavy Duty Stay Dry Dimple Silver, with ProCool® TransWICK™ X-FIT Sports Jersey Silver CoolMax Fabric sewn to it, against the skin, 2 layers of Zorb Original Silver, and Zorb 3D Heavy Duty Bamboo Dimple Silver, in the middle, and Zorb 3D Organic Cotton Dimple Silver as outermost fabric, with ProSoft® Stretch-FIT Waterproof 1 mil ECO-PUL™ Silver Fabric as a cover, with self engaging fasteners, and the super soft, not-itchy-at-all polyurethane elastic, Preferably right from the dryer, a bit of Lusa Organics Booty Balm, warmed cloth wipes. Yep, I've thought this out. Can you tell?
Lol, yes very diaper tech savvy. I love that because most people only know the brand of diaper they use with no knowledge of specs

Reactions: PuffPuffPaci
I always go for disposable plastic backed diapers

Reactions: Freddie07601, Deleted member 73722, Angelapinks and 5 others
MrDiaperLoverUK said:
I always go for disposable plastic backed diapers
I wore only plastic backed disposables until ABuniverse came out with their cloth-backed disposables, now I’m a cloth-backed lifer!

Reactions: bigtoddler96 and MrDiaperLoverUK
I use mostly cloth diapers and vinyl pullons I have disposable for when I go on road trips.

Reactions: DBabygirl2, Deleted member 73722, Angelapinks and 2 others
Cloth, every thing else is a consolation prize.

Reactions: Deleted member 73722, PuffPuffPaci, chuck and 2 others
newAB43 said:
Lol, yes very diaper tech savvy. I love that because most people only know the brand of diaper they use with no knowledge of specs
I am, and Autism makes me picky, but I also have cerebral palsy, and can't sew. LOL. I needed someone who can sew, respect my intellectual property, and listens well. Building a good diaper is like building a good wheelchair. I'd love to make a brand of my ideas. I wouldn't put it out, until it's the best cloth brand out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freddie07601, Joeysms, Andrewgdfw and 2 others
DannyBBaby said:
I use mostly cloth diapers and vinyl pullons I have disposable for when I go on road trips.
Very cool

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I am, and Autism makes me picky, but I also have cerebral palsy, and can't sew. LOL. I needed someone who can sew, respect my intellectual property, and listens well. Building a good diaper is like building a good wheelchair. I'd love to make a brand of my ideas. I wouldn't put it out, until it's the best cloth brand out there.
That’s incredible. I have even more respect for you that even with a disability you are living life the way you want to

littlemoosey said:
Cloth, every thing else is a consolation prize.
Doesn’t cloth hold the wetness against the skin more than with disposables?

As I said, I was lucky to come back to diapers 6 years ago. I was a cloth baby and that is my realism. Most nights I am diapered for bed. MammaBunny uses a barrier cream and baby powder when she diapers me. I usually wake up at least 1 time if not 2 times during the night to wet and then I just go back to sleep. I will awaken in the morning, and if I did not know that I had awakened and wet myself, I would not know that I was wet. That is just me though, others may have a different opinion. In 6 years, I have only had 1 mild rash that was cleared up very quickly.

Reactions: Cottontail, Deleted member 71584 and newAB43
Cloth at home, disposable when out.

Reactions: bdale, PuffPuffPaci and newAB43
cloth for me

Reactions: Deleted member 73722 and newAB43
And, cloth is catching up, technologically. Superabsorbent fabrics exist, now. They're easier to get ahold of, if you're too dang picky to buy what already exists, and insist on having yours sewn. LOL. Cloth: the hot rod of diapers.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 73722, Andrewgdfw, littlemoosey and 1 other person
littlemoosey said:
As I said, I was lucky to come back to diapers 6 years ago. I was a cloth baby and that is my realism. Most nights I am diapered for bed. MammaBunny uses a barrier cream and baby powder when she diapers me. I usually wake up at least 1 time if not 2 times during the night to wet and then I just go back to sleep. I will awaken in the morning, and if I did not know that I had awakened and wet myself, I would not know that I was wet. That is just me though, others may have a different opinion. In 6 years, I have only had 1 mild rash that was cleared up very quickly.
That’s incredible only 1 rash in 6 years. I got back into diapers 5 years ago.

You have a mommy, what is it like?

Reactions: Deleted member 71584
Tigercub59 said:
Cloth at home, disposable when out.
Love the mix of choice depending on the situation or environment

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
And, cloth is catching up, technologically. Superabsorbent fabrics exist, now. They're easier to get ahold of, if you're too dang picky to buy what already exists, and insist on having yours sewn. LOL. Cloth: the hot rod of diapers.
With that explanation it’s hard to argue against cloth lol

Reactions: Deleted member 73722 and Deleted member 76595
Cloth diapers and plastic pants for me.

Reactions: Zeke, chuck and newAB43
Back