Did you hate being in nappies for bedwetting ?

MikeDJ said:
My grandmas neighbor had lots on little kids and some were a bit older and they were all running around the yard in just nappies and t shirts often. Their mum also was a tad violent. She was always hitting them all and yelling constantly. I was also young and would play with them sometimes and it seemed they always were getting in trouble and always wearing nappies. I loved nappies but in now way wanted to be in their situation.
I guess my desire to wear nappies had kicked in strongly back then MDJ.
I would have taken the meaness as a trade off.
But I fully understand your point.

Jg21101 said:
I’ve always loved my nappies. Yes at times it could be embaradsing especially as an older teen but the fact I could still openly wear nappies every night as a dl was a major bonus
I wore nappies at night from being 15 until I finally stopped wetting my bed just before my 22nd birthday.. It was no secret that I wore them and I didn't care. True some kids took the mickey but they soon got over it. I didn't mind being in nappies as my folks just gave up trying to get me dry at night once I was back in nappies. It was up to me to put them on and change any wet sheets when they leaked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy86
I wet the bed until i was 7 or 8 and I hated it! A few years later, well, things shifted a little bit lol.

Reactions: Wetshisbed
DRZWDerepaid said:
I wet the bed until i was 7 or 8 and I hated it! A few years later, well, things shifted a little bit lol.
I can't say y bedwetting ever bothered me. This frustrated my mother because I never made any effort to get dry at night.

Jg21101 said:
I’ve always loved my nappies. Yes at times it could be embaradsing especially as an older teen but the fact I could still openly wear nappies every night as a dl was a major bonus
I too could openly wear nappies in my teens as it was my mother that had got me back in them by insisting the family doc did something about her 15 year old son who still wet the bed just about every night. Once my nappies were delivered and stacked I'm my room it was open family knowledge. So I had no reason to hide them.

Reactions: Andy86
INCONTGUY said:
I've always been a bedwetter and have ALWAYS loved my diapers and plastic pants.
I can't honestly say I have always been a bedwetter but until I was almost 22 I was seldom dry at night. And all through my adult life I had episodes of bedwetting sometimes the odd night and other times a few nights and occasionally for a week or two. Nappies and plastic pants are now my normal night wear ad I have been back to nightly wetting for almost 11 years.

FastBlackRX7 said:
That was good you were never scolded. :)
I was shouted at had my face rubbed in my wet sheets and was often made to sleep in the same unchanged bed for several nights. Then when I was put back in nappies at night all punishments stopped. They gave up trying to get me dry at night and It was just accepted I would probably always wet the bed. No one was more surprised than my mother when I finally became dry at night in my early 20s. By then it was thought I would be like my great uncle who wet his bed his whole life.

• Sad
Reactions: diaperkool
Wetshisbed said:
I was shouted at had my face rubbed in my wet sheets and was often made to sleep in the same unchanged bed for several nights. Then when I was put back in nappies at night all punishments stopped. They gave up trying to get me dry at night and It was just accepted I would probably always wet the bed. No one was more surprised than my mother when I finally became dry at night in my early 20s. By then it was thought I would be like my great uncle who wet his bed his whole life.
WOW That sounds horrible, sorry you had to go through that. :(

i was a bedwetter until around 12 or so, and while i don't have very strong memories of my childhood due to PTSD and Dissociative Identity Disorder, i can confidently say that i have no strong memories of negative feelings about my diapers or bedwetting. to me, it was just a fact of life, i was too young to understand that i should be "embarrassed" by it, i think being autistic also helped in that regard because it was just my reality. it was how i had to do things, so why would i feel bad about it? i think i was too young to understand those societal pressures and fears, but i know for a fact that my mom was horrified of other people finding out to the point where she took time off of work to be my chaperone on a school field trip where i had to stay overnight in a hotel because we had traveled to another state.

my mom was a very crappy person so this really wasn't a gesture of love for me, but rather one of embarrassment and not wanting to have to deal with talking to the principal of my school again for the goodness-knows-how-many'th-time since i was very heavily bullied for being fat, autistic, and androgynous. i think it was also partially because she knew the bedwetting was from the abuse my father had put me through. i think she was just embarrassed that it was a sign of her poor parenting, you know? the bedwetting stopped once my father moved out and we moved away from my childhood home. i don't really remember what it was like when i was dry again at night or how it felt to finally stop. all i know is that when i had to wear them, i accepted my diapers, they were just my night time underwear and it saved me from having to sleep in a wet bed. again as an autistic person sleeping in a cold wet bed was just impossible, i'd rather have the diapers!!!!!

Back