Did you hate being in nappies for bedwetting ?

I both hated and loved them. I hated them because it made overnight trips and sleepovers with anyone outside my family awkward and stressful for me. However, even from a young age I knew I liked diapers and liked that I needed to wear them at night.

Reactions: antoniorain789 and Davvyboy
I’ve never really minded sleeping in diapers and rubber pants. Other than a few years in my teams, where you feel humiliated, whether real or imagined, I decided it beats the alternative of waking up in a pee soaked bed. I tried no diapers for a couple of years in high school, and found out very quickly that high school boys can pee large volumes over the course of a night. My beds were not wet- they were flooded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyric and Davvyboy
My mother made it a priority to start potty training me at a young age. However, I seemed to have accidents quite frequently, and even wet the bed occasionally until I reached the age of 14. Surprisingly, my mother never resorted to putting me back in diapers for these mishaps. However, whenever someone else babysat me and I had an accident or wet the bed, they would take the initiative to put me in diapers. There is one particular incident that remains vivid in my memory, where my cousin decided to put me in a Huggies diaper after I had an accident. It's strange how that moment has stayed with me for so long. Additionally, there was one night that stands out in my mind, where my grandfather spanked me severely and then proceeded to put me in diapers. It's astonishing to think that these are some of my earliest memories, dating back to when I was only 2 or 3 years old. From the moment they first put me in diapers, I felt a sense of comfort and care. The softness of the diapers against my skin made me instantly fall in love with them. Ever since I was a little toddler, I have cherished the feeling of being wrapped in those cozy diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetaccident and Davvyboy
To the contrary I was secretly envious of anyone my age who did.

Reactions: 12srepaid and Davvyboy
iampadded said:
I’ve never really minded sleeping in diapers and rubber pants. Other than a few years in my teams, where you feel humiliated, whether real or imagined, I decided it beats the alternative of waking up in a pee soaked bed. I tried no diapers for a couple of years in high school, and found out very quickly that high school boys can pee large volumes over the course of a night. My beds were not wet- they were flooded.
As did I. Even with pajamas, sheet and mattress pad absorbing my pee there were times the stain was all the way out to the edges of my single bed and not far from ends when I woke up. What a sight. (Mom was not impressed.)

Reactions: Teddy02 and Davvyboy
Boopa said:
I was bedwetter into my teens. I wore diapers for pretty much the whole time. I had very much love/hate relationship about it.

My parents put me back in diapers at night when I was 8. I fought it. I was embarrassed and hated it, especially when I had to be around other family members...sometimes my cousins would make fun of me for wearing diapers.

But eventually it became part of my routine and I accepted that diapers were a better option than a constantly wet or smelly bed.

Id say that by the time I was 11 or so, I realized that I kind of liked wearing diapers. I didn't mind them and would actually look forward to putting them on in the evenings. And during this time I

But of course as I went into my teens...I started to hate again the fact I was a bedwetter and realized that none of my friends had the same issue. It was a challenging time for sure. But I was lucky that I had a good friend who knew about it and was accepting of me. So that made life a bit easier, and I was still able to have sleepovers with him.

But still, it was always an embarrassing thing.
Boopa said:
I was bedwetter into my teens. I wore diapers for pretty much the whole time. I had very much love/hate relationship about it.

My parents put me back in diapers at night when I was 8. I fought it. I was embarrassed and hated it, especially when I had to be around other family members...sometimes my cousins would make fun of me for wearing diapers.

But eventually it became part of my routine and I accepted that diapers were a better option than a constantly wet or smelly bed.

Id say that by the time I was 11 or so, I realized that I kind of liked wearing diapers. I didn't mind them and would actually look forward to putting them on in the evenings. And during this time I

But of course as I went into my teens...I started to hate again the fact I was a bedwetter and realized that none of my friends had the same issue. It was a challenging time for sure. But I was lucky that I had a good friend who knew about it and was accepting of me. So that made life a bit easier, and I was still able to have sleepovers with him.

But still, it was always an embarrassing thing.
Sorry for your troubles

Reactions: Bedwetter12
Davvyboy said:
I was never a bed wetter myself.
But I had friends that did.
They had to wear nappies at night, like it or not !
I was quite envious at the time !
However I don’t think I would have liked my own mum changing my nappies after age 2 or 3.
She was never a kind or patient person and she would have made it extremely stressful.
I hope my ADISC friends were treated with kindness and respect.
me, i am autistic and incontinent, renal development delayed and still in nappies

my mother always changed me, i even had nurses change me as a adult,
i loved the way, that mother, child bond lasted,
cuddle times at 16 years old, i loved the way she always made me feel on nappy changes, tickling and making me giggle
ok not many 16 years can experience it, i am very infantile, i was always treaded like a small boy,

most embarrassing change, mothercare (mother and 0 to 5, child shop) there shops had a changing room, you know if a child went into there, it was changing time, yes i was taken into this area,

most embarrassing shop, mother did 1 shop a month, big shop, my nappies where on top of the trolley, my younger brother (by 4 years) was with us, a lady asked him, are those your nappies, mother pointed at me, said, no there his nappies

Reactions: Rezzu and Davvyboy
I’ve always loved my nappies. Yes at times it could be embaradsing especially as an older teen but the fact I could still openly wear nappies every night as a dl was a major bonus

Reactions: Davvyboy
I wish I had Goodnites when I was a kid/teen. They were not even thought of.

Reactions: Davvyboy and wetaccident
Yes, I did for many years. I used to hate them when I was younger but being forced to use them is what eventually turned me into a DL.

I certainly wasn’t ecstatic having to wear pull-ups to bed until I was 11 and I’m sure my parents weren’t exactly thrilled that they needed to remind me to use the bathroom like a 3 year old until I was almost a teenager, but over time I came to see wearing a pull-up as a security blanket of sorts. Certainly better than ending up with wet clothes or a flooded bed.

Reactions: wetaccident and Davvyboy
I wish I could've been in diapers for bedwetting, but I never was.

Instead I got yelled at, which probably made it worse.

Shilohsaurus said:
I wish I could've been in diapers for bedwetting, but I never was.

Instead I got yelled at, which probably made it worse.

That's no good, hopefully it didn't cause you too much stress.

Last edited:
Yes I hated them. Even worse when I was a teenager.
Afterward, I realised that I didn't hate the protections but the bedwetting.

I hated being a nightly wetter in diapers until 8 or 9? That’s when I started looking forward to taking ng my bath then laying on my or my moms bed being pinned into my diapers, having my plastic pants pulled on and all the edges tucked in. Have wet nightly forever. Struggled leaks ng as well during the day and that was stressful. I went 24/7 18 years ago and the stress got 100% better. I love the fact I still love being diapered and need them as well.

Reactions: Davvyboy and Lyric
ballyhooser said:
I hated being a nightly wetter in diapers until 8 or 9? That’s when I started looking forward to taking ng my bath then laying on my or my moms bed being pinned into my diapers, having my plastic pants pulled on and all the edges tucked in. Have wet nightly forever. Struggled leaks ng as well during the day and that was stressful. I went 24/7 18 years ago and the stress got 100% better. I love the fact I still love being diapered and need them as well.

My experience really wasn't that bad? I wasn't overly embarrassed about diapers/pull ups around my family, it was pretty matter of-factly pointed out that they obviously made pull ups in larger sizes because kids needed them and wetting the bed was part of growing up for some kids and I had to deal with it until my body caught up with everything else, doing laundry everyday was not an option nor was me not getting a full nights sleep and being grumpy, so I wasn't given a choice, but I never remember not needing them until I dried up so there's not really a point where I didn't wear them either?

I didn't care for the packaging and hated being around when we went to Costco or Sams when Mom was buying them. Massively embarrassing and I always hoped people would think they were for my older brothers but given I was obviously the youngest boy by several years I'm guessing that didn't fool anyone. Helped me to think that but I'm sure no one really cared and probably just felt bad for me that did notice.

Like many of you have also said, I had a love/hate relationship with the diapers I wore to bed growing up. Up until I was about 5 or 6, I really wasn't aware of the fact the other kids my age didn't have to wear diapers at night like I did. One time during a long car trip to the beach, I was spotted by another boy around my age who saw me getting changed out of a soggy diaper in a busy parkway rest stop. His reaction is what made me realize that I was different. After that embarrassing moment, I started to get a funny flutter in my stomach when I was watching tv early in the morning and a Huggies commercial came on.
What I hated about wearing diapers was that it limited my ability to have sleepovers like everyone else. I also hated the humiliation I'd feel whenever the topic would come up around extended family or friends. And even though I desperately tried to conceal it, there were still a few occasions where I was found out by either a neighbor, a friend, or total strangers while we were traveling.
What I liked about it though was the comforting security that wearing a diaper at night provided. I really sort of liked getting out of the tub at night and having a diaper be a part of my pajamas. As a kid, I wouldn't have been able to explain why I actually liked the way my diaper felt in the morning when it was wet and saggy, even if it was a little leaky.
But then when puberty started to arrive and I was still wearing, that was when I REALLY liked them. I was very much relieved to stop bedwetting around my sophomore year of high school. I was very happy to have gotten control. I had three dry years at night before my bedwetting started up again. During those three dry years, I still would sneak a diaper from one of my younger siblings or even grab one from a grocery store.
In a nutshell, bedwetting was highly embarrassing and totally inconvenient. But I really did enjoy the positives of wearing to bed.

Reactions: diaperkool, GoodnitesXL21, JOCKMAN and 1 other person
My parents always threatened me with it. And I always wished they would have. But I remember I was always to scared to say yes. I wet the bed till I was 9. I wanted to wear them. But was afraid to ask lol

Diapering was the only way to take care of bedwetting in the 70's and 80's. No pull-ups or youth pull-ups available yet. They came later into the late 90's and early 2000's. I was lucky in my mom took excellent care of my bet wetting by diapering me with Pampers each night until I outgrow them. She switched over to cloth diapers and plastic pants for a few years until youth Attends hit the market. Attends was just like Pampers of that era only larger and thicker for larger wettings.

Glad my mom took the diapering approach to bed wetting. It was so much better than a wet bed and PJ's.

Reactions: KenworthW900b, Davvyboy and sissybaby34
Back