Diapers - comfy or not?

Are diapers more comfy than undies?

• Total voters
Fireball44 said:
Does a diper cover keep you dryer than plastic/rubber pants when sleeping on your side>?
The term diaper cover has multiple means from an additional outer cover that commonly matches your outerwear or yet another term for plastic pants.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita and BobbiSueEllen
I've never felt truly comfortable until I started wearing some sort of padding in my undies (or "as" my undies). Im not sure if it was fear of dribbling or something else but discovering pads, and later on diapers, was a game changer for my comfort and sanity.

Im not sure if that is what this poll was going for, but I do think diapers are super comfy (except when its hot an humid)

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
Are diaper comfortable?
Yes and no.
Yes they are super comfortable when wearing at home in the sanctity of my own personal space, where no one can disturb me. They are super comfortable when dry and powdered.

No they are not comfortable wearing outside in the hot summer months, especially the plastic backed diapers. They are also not comfortable if I'm out running errands and I run into someone I know. They are also not comfortable when they are soaked and sagging to my knees and making me feel wet. Diapers are also not comfortable when I have to wear pants or shorts over them.
My comfort level also depends on the diaper. I find medical grade diaper aren't as comfortable as ABDL diapers. I guess it's more of an aesthetic thing, like an authentic infant diaper. The more infantile the diaper looks the more appealing it is to me. Medical grade diapers just don't give those feelings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and bdale
I have had to wear a diaper or pullup 24/7 for seven years now. I wish I could wear undies.

• Wow
So for me, overall I find MY diapers more comfy than undies. The softness, warmth, quiet crinkling, and gentle cradling bulk is wonderful! 🤗

The main thing is that you have a good quality and proper fitting diaper. When I was mainly wearing Goodnites, I tried some adult diapers I could get in stores and they WERE NOT comfy. I mainly wear Megamax and Abena, and occasionally Tykables and ABU. I also always have Goodnites around since I think they are very comfortable and still fit me perfect, (although more a novelty, since of their limited capacity). I've also been wearing them more as of late due to a tighter budget at the moment. I also don't mind wearing the boys or girls ones, I like the patterns on both. They both are equally comfortable as well. If I use them, the only difference is that the boys ones swell slightly more outward in front vs the girls bulking a little more more between the thighs. My two stores I go to usually run out of the Boys XL when I buy them- or only 1 box left. I usually get a couple of boxes when they have them on sale- obviously other people get that idea too. 😂

I will say that underwear is definitely more comfortable doing anything out in the heat though.

A diaper near capacity is also not comfortable because you get a slight wet feeling. I don't really hold that against diapers though and consider that as a "function" of the diaper because at that point it's a warning that you need to change. It's served it's function to the "fullest" and letting you know. :ROFLMAO:

I will say though, It's not often I completely use my day diaper to complete capacity, but feeling that "wetness warning" is really one of the only things that makes me feel "little" when diapered. When I feel that I'm like Uh-Oh, something has to be done or if I wet again there could be a problem.:oops:

Stargazer93 said:
Bikini underwear I find to be most comfortable as certain male parts have room to grow and it is kind of nice to be able to close legs, but diapers are very comfortable when I emotionally need them. And on some days, there is nothing more comfortable than a properly fitting, quality made diaper.
(y)

The only underwear I wear is bikini style since about 16. I love the look for my body type (which is still the same since then) and how they feel like nothing, aside from the gentle support they provide. I tried normal boxers once and HATED the looseness and lack of support. In the summer here in Michigan, it gets pretty hot and humid, so I tend to wear underwear when out and about more often than I want to unfortunately. I'm diapered more from fall through spring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Fireball44 said:
Does a diper cover keep you dryer than plastic/rubber pants when sleeping on your side>?

Hi Firebal44

Yes its has help me by keeping me dryer, they help keep my diaper stay in place and from sliding down ! Plus they last so much much longer ! I'm also an side sleeper and had very issues and very few leaks when sleeping on my side .
In time plastic panties will get old & stiff then start cracking the elastic & leg bands start losings its strength and cuts in to your skin . Can't machine wash plastic panties like you can with diaper cover !
Don't get my wrong I'm not trying to knock them down !! I just fine diapers cover are morebetter for my needs !!

Reactions: dogboy, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Yes, I think diapers are way more comfortable than regular underwear.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita, BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
Diapers are extremely comfortable. Once you’re used to the bulk, not having that bulk is extremely uncomfortable. Having that bulk is so comforting because you know you have a diaper on and can just let loose

• Love
It does depend on how you wear your diapers and what size you have.

If you only wear them for fun (like me most of the time) having them not too tight between the legs, then I mostly find that you almost forget that you are wearing one. But for some reason your have more cushion then before which is perfect.

If you do have them a bit too tight between the legs or around the belly area, then it can suck a bit because you do feel it being too tight (especially when you sit down).

Very comfy! I especially feel at my comfiest when i'm in bed snuggling my blankie.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Honestly, I find good diapers to be decadently comfortable, and I don't just mean "comforting" in the psychological sense of the term. I've been at this for a while, though, so I fully accept that I might be biased. It's been a few years since I had anything other than a diaper on under my clothes, but when I go swimming, for example, I can't wait to get back into a diaper. I'd probably wear swimming diapers, too, if I could find any that didn't look like a grandma's pull-ups.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ortler and BobbiSueEllen
I much rather wear diapers then any other kind of undergarment... they make me feel so safe and protected and in public I don't have to worry about getting caught as a trans person using a gendered restroom. Not to mention I find them cuter than panties or anything else.

• Love
They are more comfy because of the bulk and thickness. To me feeling like a big cloud down below. The only time they lose the comfiness is when they are soaked and get all clumpy and squishy.

I find diapers super comfortable for lounging around the house or sleeping, far more comfortable than underwear and there is something that makes me feel really secure when I am in a diaper. However, as soon as it comes to being out and about and anything that involves moving around I feel like diapers are not really comfortable at all, especially a dry diaper. I only wear diapers in the house and only when I have no plans to do anything that involves being at all active.

Last edited:
For me, the experience of wearing diapers has three components:
1. It takes me back to simpler times. It's a safety blanket in a way.
2. The practicality of not needing a bathroom when nature calls.
3. It's comforting being cradled by a snug, thick and crinkly diaper.
A diaper to me is what a thunder shirt is for dogs basically.

• Love
Reactions: dogboy and BobbiSueEllen
Back