Body Shaver Recommendations?

I shave my crotch in the shower each morning. Regular Gillette razor (5 blade one). I epilate the rest of me weekly.

Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks, Tappy and 2 others
abrich said:
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I don't want to be itchy, so I'll need to find the right balance for me. I wish there was a way to just stop the hair growth from that area, but as there isn't, I'll put some work in to get to a solution that gives me results I can live with. Thanks again! :)
I find so far that the regrowth stubble doesn't really itch with the shaving powder. Honestly I don't know how else I'd ever shave the sack. But a big part of the reason I thought I'd try it with the powder and never tried anything else was the itchiness that the sharp ends from cut hair create on regrowth. I imagined that this would not be the case with the powder, and so far that seems to be the case. I'm at about 48 hours and not itchy.

Also, there are more benefits than just easier cleanup after a mess. It seems like I do get less leakeage around the legs, and it definitely makes applying oils and creams easier and more efficient.

Time will tell if I stay with this, but so far I really like it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Tappy, Diaperboy27 and 1 other person
I used the Magic Shaving Powder again tonight. I went quite a bit further down my legs and up my stomach, and redid most of what I did 2 days ago. In the interest of not hurting myself, I didn't do it so obsessively this time, and it left a little, but that's ok. I'll get it next time.

A few observations. This time I really didn't irritate anything, other than my fingers. :O I discovered that my suspicions from last time were true: not only was my mixing with my fingers a very bad idea, but using my fingers to work it into the hair was also a bad idea. Since my right hand fingers were still sore from last time, I used my left hand. There's something about rubbing your fingertips over curly hair's roughness in the presence of that stuff that peels the skin right off. I guess that isn't surprising, when I think about it. The instructions say not to work it into the skin, but just put it on and let it sit. I'm guessing that just for cleaning up a few days' worth of regrowth it won't be such a big deal, but if my fingertips get zapped again, I'll have to come up with a different method.

Overall, I think this is tremendously worthwhile, and I'm glad I tried it.

Reactions: Diaperboy27, Tappy, Babygrace1964 and 1 other person
MudPuppy said:
I shave my crotch in the shower each morning. Regular Gillette razor (5 blade one). I epilate the rest of me weekly.
It sounds like that's a good way to go, so I'll look to build shaving into my regular routines. What do you use to epilate and do you do that on your whole body? Thanks for replying! :)

Reactions: Tappy and Diaperboy27
DadPhilosopher said:
I used the Magic Shaving Powder again tonight. I went quite a bit further down my legs and up my stomach, and redid most of what I did 2 days ago. In the interest of not hurting myself, I didn't do it so obsessively this time, and it left a little, but that's ok. I'll get it next time.

A few observations. This time I really didn't irritate anything, other than my fingers. :O I discovered that my suspicions from last time were true: not only was my mixing with my fingers a very bad idea, but using my fingers to work it into the hair was also a bad idea. Since my right hand fingers were still sore from last time, I used my left hand. There's something about rubbing your fingertips over curly hair's roughness in the presence of that stuff that peels the skin right off. I guess that isn't surprising, when I think about it. The instructions say not to work it into the skin, but just put it on and let it sit. I'm guessing that just for cleaning up a few days' worth of regrowth it won't be such a big deal, but if my fingertips get zapped again, I'll have to come up with a different method.

It certainly sounds like an interesting product! I'll have to have a look out and see if there's anything similar available here. It would be good to avoid sharp ends on the hairs, and I guess that's not going to possible using a razor or clippers. Thanks for taking the time to write the update. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tappy, PadPhilosopher and Babygrace1964
abrich said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with the various body shavers that are heavily promoted to me by FaceBook and YouTube (I can't think why! 😉).

I am, sadly, very hairy, and much as I would like to have a completely clean-shaven nappy area, I just don't think that's going to be practical for me, but I would like to trim things as short as possible without risking irritation and cuts. To make clean-ups easier, I'd ideally like something that I could use on the rear as well as the front, although I can imagine that might be a bit harder to find.

If anyone had any recommendations based on their own experiences, then I'd be very grateful. :) 👶
I understand what you’re going through I have the same problem and I’m scared of cutting myself specially, since I can’t hold my hand still enough to shave down there I joke a lot

Reactions: Tappy, Diaperboy27 and abrich
Babygrace1964 said:
I understand what you’re going through I have the same problem and I’m scared of cutting myself specially, since I can’t hold my hand still enough to shave down there I joke a lot
I'm a bit worried about causing myself an injury! It sounds like there's some options that at least minimise that risk though, so I'm going to look into those and see what might work for me. :)

Reactions: Diaperboy27 and Tappy
When you are in little space what do like to do for me I like to play with my baby dolls and play with my baby toys and sucking on my baby bottle

• Thinking
Reactions: Tappy and PadPhilosopher
abrich said:
It certainly sounds like an interesting product! I'll have to have a look out and see if there's anything similar available here. It would be good to avoid sharp ends on the hairs, and I guess that's not going to possible using a razor or clippers. Thanks for taking the time to write the update. :)
Oh of course. I like to write. :)

I was at Meijer (a regional supermarket) last night and thought I'd see what they had. They did not have the powder, but they had several creams meant for men and a foam and a cream meant for women with the same active ingredients as the powder I'm using. I think Nair was one brand. As it was more expensive and not functionally different I didn't buy any of them, but they may be other options for you. The inactive ingredients did suggest they might make it milder, but that may be a study down the road.

Last night I had much less irritation, I think because I mixed it more thoroughly and removed it sooner. I know that the lumps did a number on my fingers the first time, and I think that might be how I ended up with a sore on the upper base of the little guy the first time. I had missed that spot and went after it with a fresh second batch that wasn't mixed well, and I think it took a lump. :( Ouch. This time I put barrier cream over the sore spot and just worked around it. Not a problem. When I was done I put it all over, and it was soothing and wonderful. :)

It's interesting and startling to look down there now. I remarked to myself that I hadn't seen myself so clearly since I was a child. I'm bigger there now, but it still gives it a more child-like appearance. I'm mostly indifferent to that, but some would not be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaperboy27 and Tappy
abrich said:
A few additional thoughts. It is possible that you've not seen shaving powder in the UK because one or more of its ingredients is not allowed in cosmetics in the UK. It's also possible that because it's a product made for black men (it says so on the can) the perception may have been that the target demographic wasn't sufficiently present in the UK to justify the marketing and distribution costs. It's hard to say.

I have noticed that being hairless in my groin, I feel the diaper much more. I don't view that as good or bad, just different. If I had some particularly uncomfortable diaper, it would be bad. Some might find it a very nice upgrade. :)

Reactions: Diaperboy27, abrich and Tappy
DadPhilosopher said:

Would wearing those medical type gloves help?

Reactions: Tappy and Diaperboy27
adam said:
Would wearing those medical type gloves help?
Oh, definitely. But it may not be necessary. I think I'm understanding how the stuff works, and why the can has some of the warnings it does. Chemistry, anyone? :)

Here goes. This product is basically a mild caustic. Caustics have different effects on different things. On hair, which has a lot of surface area compared to its volume, it soaks in and the hair is destructurized. In sufficient concentration, and given enough time, it will do this with any organic matter. This is why caustics are commonly used to clear drains. However on skin, applied at the right concentration and left undisturbed, it will slowly saponify (turn to soap) the oils in the topmost layer of skin (which is dead anyway) and that forms a somewhat protective barrier that slows the reaction with the deeper skin to the point that if you don't disrupt this protective layer, and rinse it all in a timely manner, the skin is essentially unaffected. This is why it says NOT to wash your face first; it needs the oil present to protect your skin.

This is also why it says not to work it into the skin, but just let it sit on top. If you scrub, you remove the soap layer, then the caustic degrades the skin underneath, and then if you scrub more, you remove that, and one layer at a time you can actually quickly scrub your skin right off as the caustic is continually being given access to the next layer by removal of the degraded layer that was slowing the process of degrading the next one. That's why scrubbing it into the hair aggressively on Thursday left me with an actual open sore on one of my right hand fingertips where the skin was completely gone and very thin spots on 2 others, and scrubbing gently yesterday gave me slightly thin spots on 3 of my left hand fingers, but aside from the spot where poor mixing made a hot spot, my much softer skin in my groin was largely unaffected.

Basically, I need to fight my instinct to try to scrub the hair off while I'm applying the product. Gently apply it, let it do its thing, rinse it, and THEN scrub the hair off, if it doesn't just rinse away. Patience and procedure. :)

Once my hands are 100% again, I'll reapply it and see if I can do it without injuring them. I think I can. If not, yes, gloves would entirely solve the problem.

Reactions: Diaperboy27 and abrich
DadPhilosopher said:
A few additional thoughts. It is possible that you've not seen shaving powder in the UK because one or more of its ingredients is not allowed in cosmetics in the UK. It's also possible that because it's a product made for black men (it says so on the can) the perception may have been that the target demographic wasn't sufficiently present in the UK to justify the marketing and distribution costs. It's hard to say.

I have noticed that being hairless in my groin, I feel the diaper much more. I don't view that as good or bad, just different. If I had some particularly uncomfortable diaper, it would be bad. Some might find it a very nice upgrade. :)
Yes, I think there are quite a few chemicals commonly used in the US that are restricted here, and with the smaller market overall, perhaps it wasn't worth looking at alternatives. I'd certainly enjoy feeling my nappy more! :) Thanks for replying.

Reactions: Diaperboy27
DadPhilosopher said:
Oh, definitely. But it may not be necessary. I think I'm understanding how the stuff works, and why the can has some of the warnings it does. Chemistry, anyone? :)

Here goes. This product is basically a mild caustic. Caustics have different effects on different things. On hair, which has a lot of surface area compared to its volume, it soaks in and the hair is destructurized. In sufficient concentration, and given enough time, it will do this with any organic matter. This is why caustics are commonly used to clear drains. However on skin, applied at the right concentration and left undisturbed, it will slowly saponify (turn to soap) the oils in the topmost layer of skin (which is dead anyway) and that forms a somewhat protective barrier that slows the reaction with the deeper skin to the point that if you don't disrupt this protective layer, and rinse it all in a timely manner, the skin is essentially unaffected. This is why it says NOT to wash your face first; it needs the oil present to protect your skin.

This is also why it says not to work it into the skin, but just let it sit on top. If you scrub, you remove the soap layer, then the caustic degrades the skin underneath, and then if you scrub more, you remove that, and one layer at a time you can actually quickly scrub your skin right off as the caustic is continually being given access to the next layer by removal of the degraded layer that was slowing the process of degrading the next one. That's why scrubbing it into the hair aggressively on Thursday left me with an actual open sore on one of my right hand fingertips where the skin was completely gone and very thin spots on 2 others, and scrubbing gently yesterday gave me slightly thin spots on 3 of my left hand fingers, but aside from the spot where poor mixing made a hot spot, my much softer skin in my groin was largely unaffected.

Basically, I need to fight my instinct to try to scrub the hair off while I'm applying the product. Gently apply it, let it do its thing, rinse it, and THEN scrub the hair off, if it doesn't just rinse away. Patience and procedure. :)

Once my hands are 100% again, I'll reapply it and see if I can do it without injuring them. I think I can. If not, yes, gloves would entirely solve the problem.
That's really useful; thank you! :)

abrich said:
Yes, I think there are quite a few chemicals commonly used in the US that are restricted here, and with the smaller market overall, perhaps it wasn't worth looking at alternatives. I'd certainly enjoy feeling my nappy more! :) Thanks for replying.
You're certainly welcome!

According to my research, the major active ingredient sodium thioglycolate is considered safe when used as directed in the EU, so I'd be surprised if it were not in the UK.

I've been using the gold can. I have the red and white available locally but haven't tried it. I've never seen the blue and white or the silver before. I saw but haven't tried the red and white tube; the powder is more cost effective. I didn't want to dump a lot of money into something I might decide not use.

Reactions: Diaperboy27 and abrich
DadPhilosopher said:
You're certainly welcome!

According to my research, the major active ingredient sodium thioglycolate is considered safe when used as directed in the EU, so I'd be surprised if it were not in the UK.

I've been using the gold can. I have the red and white available locally but haven't tried it. I've never seen the blue and white or the silver before. I saw but haven't tried the red and white tube; the powder is more cost effective. I didn't want to dump a lot of money into something I might decide not use.
Thank you! I shall investigate further! :)

abrich said:
That's really useful; thank you! :)
You're welcome, but beware of opening Pandora's box. Since I shaved my groin, 100% of poop has gone in the diaper. :O The first time it was research to see how much easier it was to clean, and then when that was so easy, almost all psychological barriers collapsed, and since I was alone every time the urge has hit since, it just went in the diaper. Unless it's especially soft and spreads a lot, it's not really much more work than the toilet, and it's so easy to just let it out, finish whatever I was doing, then wipe most of it off with the diaper; a few quick additional wipes, a fresh diaper and back in business. If I had been in public at the time, that would have added a "don't stench the bystanders" factor which would have caused consideration for their noses and my public image to use the toilet instead, regardless of the additional hassle. But generally I have always pooped first thing in the morning, so that works out great so I don't have to worry about it one way or thd other during the day.

I don't think it feels good or bad; it just feels like it feels. I've said before I'm not really a DL, not at all AB, just a DU (diaper user.) Maybe I am just lazy.....no, I'm optimizing my schedule. :) Which is actually true. I'm far from bathrooms most of the time when I'm away from the house, and I can risk an indecent exposure charge, feel like I'm about to explode all the time, spend time I don't have making extra travel for bathrooms, or wear a diaper. Kind of a no-brainer, really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaperboy27
DadPhilosopher said:
You're welcome, but beware of opening Pandora's box. Since I shaved my groin, 100% of poop has gone in the diaper. :O The first time it was research to see how much easier it was to clean, and then when that was so easy, almost all psychological barriers collapsed, and since I was alone every time the urge has hit since, it just went in the diaper. Unless it's especially soft and spreads a lot, it's not really much more work than the toilet, and it's so easy to just let it out, finish whatever I was doing, then wipe most of it off with the diaper; a few quick additional wipes, a fresh diaper and back in business. If I had been in public at the time, that would have added a "don't stench the bystanders" factor which would have caused consideration for their noses and my public image to use the toilet instead, regardless of the additional hassle. But generally I have always pooped first thing in the morning, so that works out great so I don't have to worry about it one way or thd other during the day.

I don't think it feels good or bad; it just feels like it feels. I've said before I'm not really a DL, not at all AB, just a DU (diaper user.) Maybe I am just lazy.....no, I'm optimizing my schedule. :) Which is actually true. I'm far from bathrooms most of the time when I'm away from the house, and I can risk an indecent exposure charge, feel like I'm about to explode all the time, spend time I don't have making extra travel for bathrooms, or wear a diaper. Kind of a no-brainer, really.
Making it easier to mess (and clean up!) would be a big motivation for me to get rid of the hair, so that's really good to know! :) When I first started buying nappies, I was younger and far less hairy, so messing was easy and natural, but I find the psychological barriers have increased over the years, and I think the body hair is part of the issue.

I'm very much AB, so using my nappy just as a baby would is something that I really want to be able to do.

Thanks again! :)

Reactions: Diaperboy27 and KCA
abrich said:
Making it easier to mess (and clean up!) would be a big motivation for me to get rid of the hair, so that's really good to know! :) When I first started buying nappies, I was younger and far less hairy, so messing was easy and natural, but I find the psychological barriers have increased over the years, and I think the body hair is part of the issue.

I'm very much AB, so using my nappy just as a baby would is something that I really want to be able to do.

Thanks again! :)
Well then, you're welcome! Glad to be of service. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: abrich and Babygrace1964
DadPhilosopher said:
Well then, you're welcome! Glad to be of service. :)
I understand what you want I want the same thing I love going in my diaper and being just a baby

• Love
Reactions: abrich
Back