abrich

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with the various body shavers that are heavily promoted to me by FaceBook and YouTube (I can't think why! 😉).

I am, sadly, very hairy, and much as I would like to have a completely clean-shaven nappy area, I just don't think that's going to be practical for me, but I would like to trim things as short as possible without risking irritation and cuts. To make clean-ups easier, I'd ideally like something that I could use on the rear as well as the front, although I can imagine that might be a bit harder to find.

If anyone had any recommendations based on their own experiences, then I'd be very grateful. :) 👶

Reactions: Babybike2, Diprs2, Etienne and 3 others
abrich said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with the various body shavers that are heavily promoted to me by FaceBook and YouTube (I can't think why! 😉).

I am, sadly, very hairy, and much as I would like to have a completely clean-shaven nappy area, I just don't think that's going to be practical for me, but I would like to trim things as short as possible without risking irritation and cuts. To make clean-ups easier, I'd ideally like something that I could use on the rear as well as the front, although I can imagine that might be a bit harder to find.

If anyone had any recommendations based on their own experiences, then I'd be very grateful. :) 👶
Good luck..... If you find anything other than waxing that lasts more than a couple of days (2 for me!) before things get itchy/uncomfortable, let me know (I'm so hairy all over that I could be mistaken for a Grizzly Bear.) From personal experience, there's a version of Nair for sensitive areas that works great (as long as you are careful- can still get chemical burns if you leave it on way too long- plus there's a REALLY strong chemical smell that lingers) but it doesn't last long at all. Manscaped makes a good electric razor (what I currently use) that, while expensive, couldn't cut my skin if I tried as long as I have at least one of the guards on it (front is easy to do... unless you have help though, doing the underside/back is almost like doing it blind.) Supposedly the IPL Hair Removal devices work wonders but I've never tried due to cost (supposed to be the best thing next to waxing.)

Reactions: littledub1955, Tappy, abrich and 1 other person
abrich said:
Hi Everyone,

Try Harry’s razors I shave with it every other week to keep my Tooshie clean & shaven,& also I only trim my bush with hair scissors until it looks fairly flat & then I shave my private parts otherwise if I just shave it all off it just gets too itchy for me!😖

Reactions: babyscotty37, Etienne, Tappy and 2 others
Honestly the Manscaped Mower has served me well and does exactly what it says on the box. I’ve never had an accident or injury with it and it’s built to perfection.

Little bit off baby lotion and shave away, super simple and super easy even on the bum! Fantastic bit of kit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jodie, littledub1955, furry121 and 5 others
The first part is the most annoying part which is using an electric trimmer to cut down the long hair. But you really only need to do that once.

Once that is done, then its just daily maintenance which I use these

71Gr5lAiWNL.jpeg

And I don't use shaving cream, I just lather soap all over and then use the razor to remove the hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: DorianLogan, Tappy, abrich and 2 others
abrich said:
Hi Everyone,

I have shaved my diaper areas (front and back) for years with good success. I was scared to use a razor at first but persevered and found that I could do it. Honestly, I've only had 3 or 4 small nicks in the last 6 months, no infections, no ingrown hairs. I just have to be VERY careful using the blade. I have used both male and female razors and don't have a particular preference--they both seem o work OK for me. When I didn't shave regularly--long ago--I would trim with an electric clipper before shaving. Also, I discovered that shampoo works great for me for shaving my diaper area. I use whatever inexpensive shampoo I happen to buy and what I have tried work well. As for shaving the rear area, I do it strictly by feel--and VERY GENTLY--and have never nicked myself there.

I had some irritations and ingrown hairs at the beginning, but I eliminated them by regular shaving. No problems like that for me now. Also, I read somewhere that using a loofah and soap every day to wash the diaper area before shaving, or even if you're not shaving, helps to toughen the skin. I think you might have to experiment for a while and see what works for YOU. It's trial and error, but you will have success ultimately. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Tappy, abrich, Diaperboy27 and 1 other person
Funny this came in my feed just now. I wondered this last night, and seeing a can of "Magic Shaving Powder" at Family Dollar, I read the somewhat scary ingredients list and the warning to use it only on the face and test first, and said to myself, "Why not misuse this and see what happens?" I usually don't mess my diaper, but if I were shaved I wouldn't automatically have to take a shower if I do. I also thought it might improve the seal around my legs.

Well, I went to work in the bathtub, and an hour later, after not pre-trimming anything (I should have, but fear the itch of the cut ends) I had basically no hair on anything in my groin. My skin felt baby soft. I also had an irritated scrotum, an aggravation of a pre-existing irritation, very dry skin everywhere it had been and severe chemical burns on 2 of my right hand fingers. Don't mix water into the powder with your fingers! :O It's just too concentrated at that point, and it's caustic; that's how it works, of course.

So I'll never do that again, right? No, I will; I'll just plan to do it more correctly next time. Now that there's not such a bush there, it'll be quick and easy to get the regrow every few days, and I think at a reasonable application time it won't be so irritating. As it is, my skin oil (jojoba, grapeseed, essentials) made things feel quite a bit better immediately, and some zinc oxide diaper paste has helped my severe irritations. I'm sure in a few days everything below will feel normal but dehaired, but I'll post back to let everyone know the results long term. My fingers.....well, they'll heal eventually. ;) Ironically my right index finger got an acid burn Wednesday, then caustic burns yesterday. It has had a rough couple of days. :cry:

But this I know already; for the first time ever I was able to properly clean a mess without a shower. It doesn't really matter that much in my case, because I seldom use the diaper for that, but it's a logistical improvement for sure. I like options. :) As for the seal around my legs being better, the jury is still deliberating on that. Also, I need to go a little further down my legs to be sure that the seals aren't in hair. I am hopeful that this solution will not make the regrowth itchy because of sharp cut ends, but time will tell on that.

I'll check back in a few days with the continuing saga.

EDIT: I don't know what got into me, but it wanted out this morning! I thought I was going to pass gas, and I passed poop again. Then more, and more, and more! Once I got surprised, I made a point to get it all out this time, and I think I did. I thought about just jumping in the shower a little earlier, but the cleanup was again so easy and quick that I just went back to my routine. Amazing, actually. The irritation was noticeable but not unbearable, and still seems to be improving.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Diaperboy27, ozzy4605, longallsboy and 3 others
DadPhilosopher said:
Funny this came in my feed just now. I wondered this last night, and seeing a can of "Magic Shaving Powder" at Family Dollar, I read the somewhat scary ingredients list and the warning to use it only on the face and test first, and said to myself, "Why not misuse this and see what happens?" I usually don't mess my diaper, but if I were shaved I wouldn't automatically have to take a shower if I do. I also thought it might improve the seal around my legs.

Well, I went to work in the bathtub, and an hour later, after not pre-trimming anything (I should have, but fear the itch of the cut ends) I had basically no hair on anything in my groin. My skin felt baby soft. I also had an irritated scrotum, an aggravation of a pre-existing irritation, very dry skin everywhere it had been and severe chemical burns on 2 of my right hand fingers. Don't mix water into the powder with your fingers! :O It's just too concentrated at that point, and it's caustic; that's how it works, of course.

So I'll never do that again, right? No, I will; I'll just plan to do it more correctly next time. Now that there's not such a bush there, it'll be quick and easy to get the regrow every few days, and I think at a reasonable application time it won't be so irritating. As it is, my skin oil (jojoba, grapeseed, essentials) made things feel quite a bit better immediately, and some zinc oxide diaper paste has helped my severe irritations. I'm sure in a few days everything below will feel normal but dehaired, but I'll post back to let everyone know the results long term. My fingers.....well, they'll heal eventually. ;) Ironically my right index finger got an acid burn Wednesday, then caustic burns yesterday. It has had a rough couple of days. :cry:

But this I know already; for the first time ever I was able to properly clean a mess without a shower. It doesn't really matter that much in my case, because I seldom use the diaper for that, but it's a logistical improvement for sure. I like options. :) As for the seal around my legs being better, the jury is still deliberating on that. Also, I need to go a little further down my legs to be sure that the seals aren't in hair. I am hopeful that this solution will not make the regrowth itchy because of sharp cut ends, but time will tell on that.

EDIT: I don't know what got into me, but it wanted out this morning! I thought I was going to pass gas, and I passed poop again. Then more, and more, and more! Once I got surprised, I made a point to get it all out this time, and I think I did. I thought about just jumping in the shower a little earlier, but the cleanup was again so easy and quick that I just went back to my routine. Amazing, actually. The irritation was noticeable but not unbearable, and still seems to be improving.

Instead of chemical burning yourself and increasing the odds of cancer just buy an electric shaver.

Reactions: Diprs2, Tappy, abrich and 1 other person
LittleMonsterUK said:
Instead of chemical burning yourself and increasing the odds of cancer just buy an electric shaver.
We'll see; I may or may not even keep doing it long term. The chemical burns are because I misused it. :O The cancer risk.....I don't trust some of the ingredients, it's true. It's not the one with barium sulfide though; I skipped that one because that did seem particularly toxic. It's the one with the glycol and calcium hydroxide. I suppose I could at the very least research the toxicology of the ingredients rather than assume one is less toxic because glycol vs. barium. Barium is at least natural. It bears research.

Thanks for the good thought. Maybe I'll rethink this long term.

Reactions: Diprs2, Tappy, abrich and 2 others
frostypuppy said:
Good luck..... If you find anything other than waxing that lasts more than a couple of days (2 for me!) before things get itchy/uncomfortable, let me know (I'm so hairy all over that I could be mistaken for a Grizzly Bear.) From personal experience, there's a version of Nair for sensitive areas that works great (as long as you are careful- can still get chemical burns if you leave it on way too long- plus there's a REALLY strong chemical smell that lingers) but it doesn't last long at all. Manscaped makes a good electric razor (what I currently use) that, while expensive, couldn't cut my skin if I tried as long as I have at least one of the guards on it (front is easy to do... unless you have help though, doing the underside/back is almost like doing it blind.) Supposedly the IPL Hair Removal devices work wonders but I've never tried due to cost (supposed to be the best thing next to waxing.)
Thanks for replying! :)

I could be mistaken for a Grizzly Bear too! :) It's so annoying!

I have thought about waxing, but I'm not sure I could stand the pain, and I suspect I'd have to go somewhere to get it done properly, which might be a bit embarrassing. I've thought about Nair, so perhaps that's something I can look into. I see a lot of adverts for he Manscaped, and perhaps that's as a good as place to start as any. I'll let you know how I get on!

Thanks again!

Reactions: Diprs2, Tappy and Diaperboy27
Diaperboy27 said:
Try Harry’s razors I shave with it every other week to keep my Tooshie clean & shaven,& also I only trim my bush with hair scissors until it looks fairly flat & then I shave my private parts otherwise if I just shave it all off it just gets too itchy for me!😖
Thanks for your reply! :)

How often do you find you have to shave to keep the itchiness at bay? I did shave my front one with a normal razor, and didn't find the irritation that bad, but I didn't pluck up the courage to try on my behind.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Diprs2, Tappy, Diaperboy27 and 1 other person
LittleMonsterUK said:
Honestly the Manscaped Mower has served me well and does exactly what it says on the box. I’ve never had an accident or injury with it and it’s built to perfection.

Little bit off baby lotion and shave away, super simple and super easy even on the bum! Fantastic bit of kit.
Thanks for replying and thanks for the recommendation. It's really good to hear from somehow who's had a positive experience with the Manscaped. It could be as good as place to start as any! Thanks again!

diaperbobby said:
I have shaved my diaper areas (front and back) for years with good success. I was scared to use a razor at first but persevered and found that I could do it. Honestly, I've only had 3 or 4 small nicks in the last 6 months, no infections, no ingrown hairs. I just have to be VERY careful using the blade. I have used both male and female razors and don't have a particular preference--they both seem o work OK for me. When I didn't shave regularly--long ago--I would trim with an electric clipper before shaving. Also, I discovered that shampoo works great for me for shaving my diaper area. I use whatever inexpensive shampoo I happen to buy and what I have tried work well. As for shaving the rear area, I do it strictly by feel--and VERY GENTLY--and have never nicked myself there.

I had some irritations and ingrown hairs at the beginning, but I eliminated them by regular shaving. No problems like that for me now. Also, I read somewhere that using a loofah and soap every day to wash the diaper area before shaving, or even if you're not shaving, helps to toughen the skin. I think you might have to experiment for a while and see what works for YOU. It's trial and error, but you will have success ultimately. Hope this helps.
Thank you for replying and for sharing this; this is really helpful. :)

Yes, I guess we're all different and it might take me a little while to find the right solution for me. It's something I'm determined to do though, as I'm fed up with how things look and feel in my nappy area, and I want to feel more comfortable with my own body.

Thanks again!

Stargazer93 said:
The first part is the most annoying part which is using an electric trimmer to cut down the long hair. But you really only need to do that once.

Once that is done, then its just daily maintenance which I use these

View attachment 108789

And I don't use shaving cream, I just lather soap all over and then use the razor to remove the hair.
Thanks for replying! It seems there's quite a few people here having success with normal razors, so that's certainly something I'll consider. :)

Thanks again!

Reactions: Diprs2 and Tappy
DadPhilosopher said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It certainly sounds like an interesting experience! I've not seen powder like that here in the UK, but I'll keep an eye out, and, if I find any, I'll make sure I read the instructions! 😁

I don't mess all that often, but I would like to more, and I think being less hairy behind would make that a lot easier. I do shower afterwards, but sometimes the scale of the clean-up puts me off using my nappy to the full, and that's something I want to do more often.

Thanks again!

LittleMonsterUK said:
I think I'll try that first and see how I get on. I'll report back once I've given it a go! :)

LittleMonsterUK said:

I will second this! It's close but smooth and it makes it easy to do every few days

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: AshtonFreecss, Diprs2, Angelapinks and 5 others
PamperedMarine said:
I will second this! It's close but smooth and it makes it easy to do every few days
Thanks for replying and thanks for the recommendation! That's really helpful, and I feel like I have a way forward now. :) Thanks again!

abrich said:
Thanks for your reply! :)

How often do you find you have to shave to keep the itchiness at bay? I did shave my front one with a normal razor, and didn't find the irritation that bad, but I didn't pluck up the courage to try on my behind.

Thanks again!
Honestly I would have to say every other shower so say every 3 or so. As for areas that I shave it’s visaversa for me I’ve always kept my cheeks shaven but never went past the base of my leg, I don’t think I could ever shave my front end fully it just gets too itchy & I don’t want to get caught with my pants down😳. I’ve done it ones or twice before but didn’t like it, then I tried growing it out didn’t like that either & found that gets too itchy too. So I found my happy medium, not too long not too short but juuuust right!😂

Reactions: Diprs2, Tappy and abrich
Diaperboy27 said:
Honestly I would have to say every other shower so say every 3 or so. As for areas that I shave it’s visaversa for me I’ve always kept my cheeks shaven but never went past the base of my leg, I don’t think I could ever shave my front end fully it just gets too itchy & I don’t want to get caught with my pants down😳. I’ve done it ones or twice before but didn’t like it, then I tried growing it out didn’t like that either & found that gets too itchy too. So I found my happy medium, not too long not too short but juuuust right!😂
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I don't want to be itchy, so I'll need to find the right balance for me. I wish there was a way to just stop the hair growth from that area, but as there isn't, I'll put some work in to get to a solution that gives me results I can live with. Thanks again! :)

Back