Attitudes to bedwetting pants/nappies in other cultures.

Angelapinks said:
Check out the web page for Tiger Brand undies for men and boys. They sell 4 layer trainer pants and plastic pants also. Tiger brand have a distinctive coloured dash pattern on the waistband of their undies and have appeared in several movies if I recall. I always loved their plastic pants and their Ads show several boys who are named wearing the trainers and plastic pants and even diapers that they sold at one time.
Could you please post a link?

• Sad
Reactions: Angelapinks
dpcare said:
how about the way this ad says "NOT A DIAPER"?
No, they're panties! That surely builds confidence in a young lad 🙄

I mean I wouldn't have minded PANTIES on the package at that age, but my son wore plastic pants like this with an alarm until middle school and he wouldn't have worn anything made for a "girl". Same with my younger daughter. No way she would wear it if it's for a "girl" ,🙄

Fun fact: 2 working enuresis alarms (add some gorilla tape to stick them on your shirts) and 2 squirt guns makes for a really bad substitute for Lazer Tag

• Haha
Reactions: WillFord384 and hoimi
dpcare said:
I don't remember seeing this ad and others like it as a child I think they were a little before my time I am just wondering if anyone actually used these and were they as terrible as they look and don't you like the catchphrase "NOT A DIAPER"
As I remember, there were two varieties of Stay Dry Panties, one with snap sides and one with little ties that I could never manage. I graduated from diapers to these during the day and always wore them or something like them. They did not work all that well, although they were comfortable enough and could keep me dry after a single moderate wetting. I thought the boy in the ads was awfully brave, and I envied him a bit at the same time. Didn't they advertise these in Boys Life magazine?

The liner was some kind of cloth, better than the worst disposable pull ups available today, nowhere near as good as the best. But they were what was available, and my parents were grateful for them. I would have rather worn diapers and plastic diaper covers, but I couldn't wear diapers and go to "regular" school. I was diapered at night, though, as well as for trips and on many weekends.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and dpcare
musicaldiaperdude said:
Could you please post a link?
I am not sure they are in business anymore.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Angelapinks
dpcare said:
I don't remember seeing this ad and others like it as a child I think they were a little before my time I am just wondering if anyone actually used these and were they as terrible as they look and don't you like the catchphrase "NOT A DIAPER"
That ad looks a lot like the ones I would see in a Spencer Gifts catalog we'd get in the mail when I was a kid, And what got me into this fetish at a very young age...

• Wow
poopyone said:
That ad looks a lot like the ones I would see in a Spencer Gifts catalog we'd get in the mail when I was a kid, And what got me into this fetish at a very young age...
back in the 70's these were advertised quite regular in the back of Better Homes and Gardens

Attachments

• 492c2f8a68577fd62f4c83147d1c7794.gif
    492c2f8a68577fd62f4c83147d1c7794.gif
    233.7 KB · Views: 35
  • BHG197304208.jpg
    BHG197304208.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 35
  • BHG197608126.jpg
    BHG197608126.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: WillFord384, GatoChihuahua and Angelapinks
dpcare said:
back in the 70's these were advertised quite regular in the back of Better Homes and Gardens
I purchased a similar “apparatus” from Sears in the early 70’s. It was not a good match for my already developed kink. Comco plastic pants a few years later were the first that hit my wetting/diaper kink dead center.

sport1 said:
I wore something like that some.
I wore them for years.

Freddie07601 said:
I wore them for years.
Were they as bad as they look?

poopyone said:
I wonder if we can find those Spencer Gift catalog ads another product I remember seeing advertised was called Gerber Dri-Pride like most products like that the ad would for Men Women and Children

dpcare said:
They did leak pretty badly. I remember never being fully comfortable in them, thinking often about the state of my bladder and bowels and always nervous. I carried a spare panty and a plastic bag in my bookbag to school. It was considered a good day when I didn't have to change at school. I continued to be diapered at night.

here is another similar product

SANIPAC1.JPG

Attachments

• SANIPAC7.jpg
    SANIPAC7.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 19
  • SANIPAC6.jpg
    SANIPAC6.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 20
  • SANIPAC5.jpg
    SANIPAC5.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 22
  • SANIPAC4.jpg
    SANIPAC4.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 20
  • SANIPAC3.JPG
    SANIPAC3.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 19
  • SANIPAC2.JPG
    SANIPAC2.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 17
  • SANIPAC1.JPG
    SANIPAC1.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: WillFord384, Angelapinks and Freddie07601
and here is another
Vtg-Salk-Pro-pant-Flannel-Lined-Plastic-Vinyl-Pants.jpg

• Love
Reactions: WillFord384, GatoChihuahua, Angelapinks and 1 other person
You're giving us a guided tour of incontinence management history. Thank you! I didn't remember the name, but the picture of mom, dad, and child all looking happy in their plastic pants always made me smile. I was the only wet one in my family of four siblings. I liked to imagine having a diapered sibling and/or parent. As I continued to grow up, an Asperger's kid with significant incontinence, an emotional aversion to toilets and an emotional attachment to diapers, I wore Sani Pac as well as Stay Dry Panties and other daytime incontinence products and, each evening after dinner, my beloved "real" diapers. The flannel liner in Sani Pac was pretty comfy, and I could carry a spare snap-in liner instead of a whole extra pair pants.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Angelapinks and dpcare
dpcare said:
These are what I found in the early 90's on a trip to Boston. I loved these so much I drove into every Pharmacy on the way back to Canada to try and find more in my size. When I got back to Canada I took a pair in the box to my home Pharmacist and he ordered more for me for a few years until they were discontinued with the soft white plastic cover. They went to a laminated polyester pant and it just was not the same for my plastic pants fetish. I still have one pair in the box in size Small or Med. I think.

• Love
Love all the photos! Stinks that the tiger underwear is so expensive

it's a shame tiger underwear's sister company Undercarewear has claims against them of issues with their teen boy models I wouldn't support such a company

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: blaincorrous and GatoChihuahua
dpcare said:
I actually wouldn't mind trying on a pair for fun. What about them looks so bad?

GatoChihuahua said:
I actually wouldn't mind trying on a pair for fun. What about them looks so bad?
that Stay Dry Panties had a choice of either snaps or tie tapes I would think with the tie tapes it would be hard to get a good fit and seal to prevent leaks, especially applying yourself

Last edited:
Back