Any one carry a flash light personally?

TrashPanda01

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Curious if anyone carriers a flashlight on them personally through the day? When I was a kid I got a miniMaglite that I carried all the time. Then in high-school I picked up a Surefire G2. After college I started carrying a Surefire P6.
Having a light on hand comes in so handy, but I notice most people don't carry one. Grant it cell phones now have the flashlight feature, but there is just something about 600+ lumens from a tube that can be beaten up and still works.

• Thinking
Reactions: Woncrinklz, PadPhilosopher, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
TrashPanda01 said:
Curious if anyone carriers a flashlight on them personally through the day? When I was a kid I got a miniMaglite that I carried all the time. Then in high-school I picked up a Surefire G2. After college I started carrying a Surefire P6.
Having a light on hand comes in so handy, but I notice most people don't carry one. Grant it cell phones now have the flashlight feature, but there is just something about 600+ lumens from a tube that can be beaten up and still works.
Great Q, I always have a good flashlight at hand, especially in the winter months, and especially when walking our little Dachshund, another security thing for me.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, TrashPanda01, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
TrashPanda01 said:
1706442892193.pngYa, I rely on the cellphone unless I need to diagnose/repair something.

I hate not being able to see what is going on. I like the battery operated trouble lights.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, TrashPanda01, CLPP and 1 other person
My work always requires it
So Yes
I'm more useful to others and safer myself with a good flashlight 🔦

Reactions: TrashPanda01 and KindaOlde
I have a little led keychain dealie that comes in handy in my day to day life.

A lot of my hobbies involve making things, and I would say good lighting is very much under-appreciated. One of the better things I've done at home is invest in a good lighting system so I can actually see what I'm working on and man does it make a difference. Multiple light sources from different angles so you aren't constantly casting shadows over your own work is key!

Those magnetic LED trouble lights are also awesome for when working on your car or around the house. Again, just being able to really see what you're doing makes such a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woncrinklz, TrashPanda01 and KBoy
Yep got 2 in my truck cab as our DVSA (Driver and vehicle standards agency ) do not recognise a phone flash light as a suitable means of flight for daily checks or emergency’s
1, Is a mini 2 light led lamp
2nd is a led torch

Reactions: Woncrinklz, TrashPanda01 and KBoy
Yes. Cellphone flashlights are ok for some uses, but sometimes you you need both hands on something and a flashlight you can hold in your break is Real Handy.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrashPanda01, mistykitty, NappiedTruckDriver and 1 other person
Adult Babies like flashlights
Who knew?

• Wow
Reactions: Woncrinklz and TrashPanda01
KBoy said:
Adult Babies like flashlights
Who knew?
Anything can be a toy 😄
From a TTA episode I remember:
Babs: Guess what time it is?
Bratty little bunny she was babysitting: Time to go down in the basement and play with the power tools?

Reactions: Woncrinklz, TrashPanda01, mistykitty and 1 other person
I almost always have my iPhone and its flashlight option but I picked up the stick light led for my Milwaukee M18 battery system and its hi/lo led is quite illuminating and long lasting on both settings. Might have to think about starting to carry it along with the phone.

Attachments

• IMG_1207.jpeg
    IMG_1207.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: TrashPanda01 and KBoy
I did as part of my EDC: Every Day Carry but the clip wore out and kept falling out my pocket. It presented a safety risk when working on helicopters. It’s called FOD: Foreign Object Debris. It can cause a crash. Caught up in mechanical parts or sucked up into a jet engine. I bought new clips for them but they don’t seem to last long enough. Usually catches on something bends out of shape. I’ve tried reforming it but it never holds. So I quit wearing it. Using my phone flashlight anymore. Not preferred but I haven’t found a reason to spend money on yet another new clip. My wife calls it my security blanket. I don’t care to have a stubbed toe when walking in the dark. She’s constantly leaving the lights off in the entire house.

Reactions: TrashPanda01
I have been more often. My brother in law recently got me a rechargeable mini light (braun) and I've added it to my pile of daily pants pocket items lol. Its definitely nice to clip on the bill of my hat as a headlamp if I need to be hands free in the dark. Has flood light and black light capacity too. And a magnet

Attachments

• 17064530251535410886564772786693.jpg
    17064530251535410886564772786693.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Yes. Pair of Fenix PD36R.

I hate that they are made in China but damn they are good.

I will only use stuff powered by CR123, 18650, or 21700. Alkaline needs to go away.

I've got a 18650 to 21700 adapter too as well as having made an effort to make sure everything is USB C where possible (curse vendors who still use micro). Everything I have is interoperable, power compatible, dual fuel, and multipurpose. USB C and micro USB cables in doubles, etc. Two is one and one is none.

Also Fenix HM71R headlamp, Streamlight Polytac X 90 on my bag strap. Protac HL-X and TLR series weapon lights also. Want to try Surefire again with the M640DFT, their DF series had various problems with flicker and dimming in the past and their remote switches are outdated and current limited with modern tech.

I'm gonna have to get a M640 at some point, a pivot mount is the only way I'm gonna be able to tuck a light in tight at 1:00 or 11:00 on a GKR-10MS AKM rail.

Last edited:
I used to carry those little LED keyring ones at work (over 10 years ago and tech has moved on) as the nature of the work didn't really allow for bulky nor costly gizmos to be carried about oneself.
Having grown up in the world of bulky, ineffectual torches, powered by shortlived, bulky batteries, I am a bit smitten by the new stuff (got 3 within hand's reach, right now 😁; not including those gizmos which have them built-in, like my handwarmer-cum-battery-backup and whatever that I can't recall has one).

ade said:
I used to carry those little LED keyring ones at work (over 10 years ago and tech has moved on) as the nature of the work didn't really allow for bulky nor costly gizmos to be carried about oneself.
Having grown up in the world of bulky, ineffectual torches, powered by shortlived, bulky batteries, I am a bit smitten by the new stuff (got 3 within hand's reach, right now 😁; not including those gizmos which have them built-in, like my handwarmer-cum-battery-backup and whatever that I can't recall has one).
Always reminded me of the scenes in Stargate SG1 where they have these huge lanterns with big bulky battery bricks. Dingy brown light with tiny illuminated area with huge central dead zone.

Then I pull out a magic stick from my pocket that weighs a couple grams and lights up the night sky and only has to be charged once a month if that (5000 mAh 21700).

Magic.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrashPanda01 and ade
Ar2rQ4pdoh80ItKT3sdOBT2H5WhTpSExyal-zF7aWGI.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: KBoy, TrashPanda01, dogboy and 3 others
il_794xN.5626904862_jga7.jpgshopping.jpeg

I do have one I carry with me regularly (exception being to work when I put it in my cars glovebox).

I have a Crimson Trace CWL 300 that I carry from time to time.

Don't forget that some of the newer LED lights have the strobe (flashing) function.
Good for emergency attention and briefly blinding persons with ill intentions.

Back