Any Military DLs ??

footedpjs said:
Spent four years in the Marine Corps. Greatest time of my life.
Same! I'd do it all again today, too :)

Reactions: Diprs2, Jk95 and footedpjs
Royal Navy here

Reactions: Diprs2
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
How did you all manage to wear diapers in the military? I'm just curious, as I would've guessed abdl would be something looked down upon in the military, and I wonder how you all got them, stored them, and of course used and disposed of them covertly...
It's very easy wearing since our uniforms have loose fits ! I addition, active duty army is no different from a day to da job, going to work and getting off with the rest of the day to the next morning diapered up :)

Reactions: Diprs2 and I12BLittle89
Jk95 said:
It's very easy wearing since our uniforms have loose fits ! I addition, active duty army is no different from a day to da job, going to work and getting off with the rest of the day to the next morning diapered up :)
Don't you share rooms? Like common bunking and whatnot?

Jk95 said:
yep, the Air Force was the same way. Get up, go to work and then come home. Very easy to wear diapers under the uniform. My fear was all the “good games” people did at work. That made it hard for me to wear.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Jk95
Prior US Army here. 6 years. Playing around in a different branch now for the past 3 or so years. Thank goodness for medical waivers. Its a lot easier not being in a barracks now to deal with things.

Never wore them in military. Diaper would be very usefull on some long guard duty.

Reactions: Diprs2, dfabuk and RampDog
wearforsafety said:
Never wore them in military. Diaper would be very usefull on some long guard duty.
They certainly made a lot of the flights easier. That and when standing radio guard in a cp or playing 24/7 staff duty games

I wore mine to work in the Air Force, but I was nervous. I would have loved it if they let me.

BabyHailey1977 said:
I wore mine to work in the Air Force, but I was nervous. I would have loved it if they let me.
I was nervous about from the horseplay/smack-talking standpoint at first, but didnt have a choice and that quickly went away once people got to know/trust each other. Fortunately, camo uniforms are baggy and break up lines on people too.

I had to fight like hell for them to grant me a med waiver once i was in tho. Going thru MEPS we were all obviously perfect specimens (even if we werent), so i didnt get one until after AIT and once i was up on flight status at my first unit. Once i had one though, it was fairly easy to show it wasnt the biggest of issues for a deployment, especially because AFG and Iraq both had been already up and running with a steady supply line for personal items coming in country.

@RampDog, My OAB really kicked in the last two years before I retired. I didn’t go to the doctor because I was afraid they’d force retire me early. Now I kick myself for not going. Could have been added to my VA claims. I painted jets for 21 years, meaning I was exposed to a lot of chemicals. Doctors don’t know what caused my OAB, developed IBS too. I think it’s all related. Now I’m 24/7 and I feel my control slipping.

I get diapers through the VA, but they are terrible. My PCM knows I’m a DL, so she thinks a lot of it stems from that. I disagree though. Do you get quality diapers?

Where are you from in Oregon? I grew up in Bend.

Last edited:
BabyHailey1977 said:
My OAB really kicked in the last two years before I retired. I didn’t go to the doctor because I was afraid they’d force retire me early. Now I kick myself for not going. Could have been added to my VA claims. I painted jets first 21 years, meaning I was exposed to a lot of chemicals. Doctors don’t know what caused my OAB, developed IBS too. I think it’s all related. Now I’m 24/7 and I feel my control slipping.

I get diapers through the VA, but they are terrible. My PCM knows I’m a DL, so she thinks a lot of it stems from that. I disagree though. Do you get quality diapers?

That was one of my biggest fears was getting kicked out, but it barely if ever was an issue once i got the waiver. It probably helped that i had a degree even tho i was enlisted, shot perfect and had perfect PT scores. I also tried hard to and got promoted a lot quicker than others which might have helped prove my worth.

Im sorry to hear about that. I wish i had kept track of the chemical stuff from the start or at least been told to. I now keep copies of everything in terms of what im exposed to. Mine just for some reason never went away. Docs said weaker/less developed bladder muscles was likely it, but i’ve always hated taking meds, even just asprin so i was only on them for a short stint as a kid/teen, and stuck to diapers throughout it after growing out of goodnites.

I get mine thru TriCare, but i have to get them via a prescription since the issued ones are trash. I got McKesson at the very first, but got ATN shortly after. After explaining what i need for the job, especially with the higher heats, and ability to not always take off boots/uniform, i was written one eventually for Abena M4s, and their cloth variant (helped for heat and longer days). I still get M4s now, but will likely try to see about BetterDrys. That might be a stretch to get tho. The doc here and pharmtech i work thru are incredibly helpful.

Your VA pharmacy tech might be able to help work something out for something better, but it obviously would be harder to do since it might not have been fully documented by DoD.

Im originally from Vancouver, WA, but spent my time anywhere from there to Salem to Pendleton to Pullman. I lucked out getting stationed here this time around. Currently work the coast, PDX and all the way over to Lewiston. Kinda depends on whats going on at any one point.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977 and Diprs2
Army Veteran. Just as an FYI, both ABU & Tykeables offer a military discount. You have to submit details to claim the discount.

Reactions: camdendl, Diprs2, Tessa and 1 other person
BabyHailey1977 said:
@RampDog, My OAB really kicked in the last two years before I retired. I didn’t go to the doctor because I was afraid they’d force retire me early. Now I kick myself for not going. Could have been added to my VA claims. I painted jets for 21 years, meaning I was exposed to a lot of chemicals. Doctors don’t know what caused my OAB, developed IBS too. I think it’s all related. Now I’m 24/7 and I feel my control slipping.

Small world, I was Air Force for 14 years (jet engine mechanic), and am living in Central Oregon now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyHailey1977 and Diprs2
Llayden said:
Small world, I was Air Force for 14 years (jet engine mechanic), and am living in Central Oregon now.
Its the perfect place in the country imo. Just enough green and most of the land is state owned so camping and hunting is great. Being a WA resident stationed here is nice too in terms of no income/sales tax. It‘s also nice to see others who come from a certain type of life you cant find anywhere apart from the military.

RampDog said:
Its the perfect place in the country imo. Just enough green and most of the land is state owned so camping and hunting is great. Being a WA resident stationed here is nice too in terms of no income/sales tax. It‘s also nice to see others who come from a certain type of life you cant find anywhere apart from the military.
It's not bad, but far too dry and desert-y for me. I never want to see another desert again. My heart is much further north on the cold coastal waters of puget sound and Canada. Now THAT's green, hahaha!

Llayden said:
It's not bad, but far too dry and desert-y for me. I never want to see another desert again. My heart is much further north on the cold coastal waters of puget sound and Canada. Now THAT's green, hahaha!
I feel ya. Heat was one of the many reasons i switched branches. Wearing flight gear, body armor and then my other protection could be miserable at times. That and the choice of duty stations was a lot more open in terms of locations.

Spent some time in the Army and in Iraq. Never wore while in uniform. That was a time in my life when I did not want anybody to know anything. But I remember several times in convoys going in a bottle while trying to drive across a good forsaken desert thinking...a diaper would be easier.

On the VA discussion you can get it added but be prepared for a fight. But even a "0%" recognition may get you some free diapers. Also, llmedico gives military/vet discounts and are easy to get. They accepted my USAA insurance card as evidence.

Reactions: Diprs2, Mas16210 and RampDog
RandomABDL said:
Spent some time in the Army and in Iraq. Never wore while in uniform. That was a time in my life when I did not want anybody to know anything. But I remember several times in convoys going in a bottle while trying to drive across a good forsaken desert thinking...a diaper would be easier.

On the VA discussion you can get it added but be prepared for a fight. But even a "0%" recognition may get you some free diapers. Also, llmedico gives military/vet discounts and are easy to get. They accepted my USAA insurance card as evidence.
Fortunately, i never had to worry about convoys being flt, so having 32pax in the cabin or not having a spare bottle wasnt a concern for me as my diaper lasted long enough. After the initial combat deployment, and after i was correctly taken care of med waiver wise, i was flagged and only allowed to go OCONUS for operational deployments (rotations, pacific pathways, OP AR, etc) or PCS. It was a bummer because i was much more fit than most, but that was the condition to stay in and finish out the remainder of my contract.

Even tho MEPS had it marked down as a prior condition, something happened as they moved records thru the newer genesis system (my best guess), they lost a large portion of mine, and I ended up getting 60% for it under the VA make believe formula (or whatever crazy rules they use). Between that, my back, and a few other injuries, i should be set here in about 9 more yrs or so. Im just glad I was allowed to transfer and continue. Its crazy the difference in the different missions/med reqs for different branches and how much more relaxed things can be.

What MOS were you or what did you typically operate over there? I wanted an Iraq deployment too, but got AFG instead. You can always appeal the 0% too after and try to get a higher rating. The VA options for diapers are awful tho unless you have a good doc or pharmtech who will fight for and listen to you.

RampDog said:
Fortunately, i never had to worry about convoys being flt, so having 32pax in the cabin or not having a spare bottle wasnt a concern for me as my diaper lasted long enough. After the initial combat deployment, and after i was correctly taken care of med waiver wise, i was flagged and only allowed to go OCONUS for operational deployments (rotations, pacific pathways, OP AR, etc) or PCS. It was a bummer because i was much more fit than most, but that was the condition to stay in and finish out the remainder of my contract.

Even tho MEPS had it marked down as a prior condition, something happened as they moved records thru the newer genesis system (my best guess), they lost a large portion of mine, and I ended up getting 60% for it under the VA make believe formula (or whatever crazy rules they use). Between that, my back, and a few other injuries, i should be set here in about 9 more yrs or so. Im just glad I was allowed to transfer and continue. Its crazy the difference in the different missions/med reqs for different branches and how much more relaxed things can be.

What MOS were you or what did you typically operate over there? I wanted an Iraq deployment too, but got AFG instead. You can always appeal the 0% too after and try to get a higher rating. The VA options for diapers are awful tho unless you have a good doc or pharmtech who will fight for and listen to you.
I had multiple Corp Of Engineer MOS. I could design, build, and then blow it up, just let me know which one in advance so I don't default to blowing things up. The driving was moving equipment around. COE has alot of large equipment. Mostly Baghdad but got to see most of the country south of there, did not venture north too much as it was not our AO.

60% from the VA is not bad. Just to get them to accept my initial claim I had to go get copies of an MRI taken during redeployment to prove "before/after". Fortunately, the MRIs were all done by private hospitals, and they kept the original records.

Reactions: Diprs2 and RampDog
Back