Am I being scammed

dunkirk17 said:
Okay thanks to all of you and I am truly devastated by all this and guess I will just have to be lonely
you don't have to be lonely just focus on local relationships
start with a normal relationship and mention abdl if comfortable
don't lead with it

Reactions: Diprs2, Forced and LittleBoyCuddles
SparkyDog said:
you don't have to be lonely just focus on local relationships
start with a normal relationship and mention abdl if comfortable
don't lead with it
I have tried that and am currently in the middle of my second divorce and I’m not even 40 yet so I must be broken or just a freak 😭😭😭😭

Reactions: Diprs2
dunkirk17 said:
I have tried that and am currently in the middle of my second divorce and I’m not even 40 yet so I must be broken or just a freak 😭😭😭😭
you arnt
unfortunately that attitude won't help
i know its rough
might want to look into speaking to a therapist to work on your self worth

Reactions: Diprs2, lilbabyjooce and LittleBoyCuddles
SparkyDog said:
you arnt
unfortunately that attitude won't help
i know its rough
might want to look into speaking to a therapist to work on your self worth
I’ve been there and done that I suffer from mental health issues as well as adhd

MamaWitch said:
Hun I'm sorry, but this whole thing reeks of a scam. If people want to charge a service fee, usually that's done with actual money, not a gift card that can be sold on the grey market.
She has asked me to do it through a PayPal account

dunkirk17 said:
She has asked me to do it through a PayPal account
the question you should be asking is why do you have to pay 🚩
you arnt getting any services

Reactions: Diprs2 and LittleBoyCuddles
SparkyDog said:
the question you should be asking is why do you have to pay 🚩
you arnt getting any services
She said it’s a one off fee and then she will come and see me

• Thinking
Sounds truly wonderful!! What could possible go wrong!! Send her like twice the amount she is asking for, but also remember to provide her the routing information and account number for your checking account while you are at it, after all she has to be real, right??

Sadly, you had two marriages go bad, why not add a mommy to the list!

But it is your money and your life after all, you're an adult and can make the correct choice for yourself, right?

Having some money, but lonely is much better than having no money and lonely, right!

RUN!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, lilbabyjooce, Forced and 2 others
dunkirk17 said:
She said it’s a one off fee and then she will come and see me
Guaranteed to be a scam, they start off little and ask for more.

dunkirk17 said:
She has sent me pictures of her and her home
The pictures she is sending you could well have been stolen from the web. It sounds 100% scam.

I have already told her I can’t give her any money or anything and she still wants to talk to me and she said she still wants to look after me

dunkirk17 said:
I have already told her I can’t give her any money or anything and she still wants to talk to me and she said she still wants to look after me
That's what they do to gain your confidence, then they strike. I would drop and block if I were you.

Reactions: Diprs2, lilbabyjooce and LittleBoyCuddles
Don't share any details that you aren't happy being pushed into the big wide world, that includes real name, and pics you wouldn't want family seeing, just to be sure. Sounds like a scam for sure and you don't want anything shared, potentially being used against you.

By my count, you’ve had about a dozen members here urge you to run away from this individual. If you choose to ignore their advice (and some, I’m sure, have been there before!) then you probably deserve what you get.

One question: Why would you solicit advise and opinion that you then want to ignore, even when it’s unanimous?

Reactions: Diprs2, Forced, LittleBoyCuddles and 1 other person
I have told her that I am no longer interested in her being my mummy and we are now speaking over the phone to each other to see where it goes from there

Edgewater said:
Sounds truly wonderful!! What could possible go wrong!! Send her like twice the amount she is asking for, but also remember to provide her the routing information and account number for your checking account while you are at it, after all she has to be real, right??

Sadly, you had two marriages go bad, why not add a mommy to the list!

But it is your money and your life after all, you're an adult and can make the correct choice for yourself, right?

Having some money, but lonely is much better than having no money and lonely, right!

RUN!!!
I don’t have a checking account as I am in the uk and I literally have no money

There's nothing else I can say.

You are gonna ignore what we told you, now all I can say is good luck.

Reactions: Diprs2, lilbabyjooce, Forced and 2 others
dunkirk17 said:
I have told her that I am no longer interested in her being my mummy and we are now speaking over the phone to each other to see where it goes from there
🤷‍♂️

If you're not interested in her being your mummy, why are you still talking to her? All they're trying to do, is get more information out of you, get you more emotionally engaged, and then they'll be asking for or demanding money.

If something seems too good to be true, logic dictates it probably is. You start getting emotionally involved, your common sense will go even further out of the window than it has already.

YMMV, but I hope you don't get taken to the cleaners

I need to decide if it’s worth the risk talking to her and becoming friends and see how that goes as she wants to be friends with me no money or anything else involved

i think we will all be very curious how this pans out since you have decided to move forward with things.
so do report back where things are down the road with this all

Back