Abuniverse Space Diapers, Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered a pack and I'm really excited. Normally when looking for a diaper, I don't usually think of baby print diapers. These seem really nice though. They look really thick, so I know when I have an accident it'll be contained. Plus the pattern and concept is interesting. I'm not AB but I'll probably try their other diapers too. They look so much more comfortable, and soothing then regular adult diapers. I think anyone who has to wear diapers for any reason would say they'd rather feel comfortable and swaddled, versus feeling like they're wearing a giant bed sheet.

CP1234 said:
I just ordered a pack and I'm really excited. Normally when looking for a diaper, I don't usually think of baby print diapers. These seem really nice though. They look really thick, so I know when I have an accident it'll be contained. Plus the pattern and concept is interesting. I'm not AB but I'll probably try their other diapers too. They look so much more comfortable, and soothing then regular adult diapers. I think anyone who has to wear diapers for any reason would say they'd rather feel comfortable and swaddled, versus feeling like they're wearing a giant bed sheet.

The pack I ordered has been sitting at UPS in my town since 8am Saturday morning, I have been chomping at the bit! Can't wait for tomorrow (my delivery date) and feel like a kid at Christmas, hope I sleep tonight! I am not AB either but don't mind cute prints every now and then, all white is just too boring. However they will be selling an all white version (if you perfer all white) & fury some time next year (January I believe).

I won't get mines until Thursday... I can't wait >.< Cons of living on the east coast...

I can't wait to try out a pack of these diapers pretty soon. :)

I will be ordering mine in November cant wait!!!

lilkayden said:
I won't get mines until Thursday... I can't wait >.< Cons of living on the east coast...
Although I received my pack today, yay, I can relate. I probably wont wear one until Thursday night because the wife and kids will be gone. Nothing but a Space diaper & T-shirt while I test it out for the first time! Till then I can touch but not wear.

Wearing one right now. First thing I noticed, really thick between the legs, even more than Comficare. Definitely cut on the same machine as Bellissimo and Comficare. Tapes are wider than either.

Can you say diaper stash?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445299697.758750.jpg

DLMunky said:
Although I received my pack today, yay, I can relate. I probably wont wear one until Thursday night because the wife and kids will be gone. Nothing but a Space diaper & T-shirt while I test it out for the first time! Till then I can touch but not wear.

I won't be able to wear one until Saturday :(

lilkayden said:

Still lucky. I'm not sure when or if I'll ever be able to get some.

BouncyBoy said:
Wearing one right now. First thing I noticed, really thick between the legs, even more than Comficare. Definitely cut on the same machine as Bellissimo and Comficare. Tapes are wider than either.

Can you say diaper stash?

View attachment 24843

I thought they made it so you can only order 2 bags

First overnight test. I've only done tested overnight here, so someone should provide some standing up testing. Morning weight of the diaper was 2.3 liters. It looks like it had more capacity left.

This is easily a good replacement for the Comficare (which is/was the best in my opinion), and if they drop the prices, far better priced than importing them. The tapes are excellent as far as I can tell. Wider than anything I've seen on a 2 tape diaper and survived the riggers of a restless sleeper. In fact, of the two I've worn so far, I was able to pull the diaper right off like a pullup without the tapes coming off. If they can really do this over and over again, they would make a great diaper for those who want to use the bathroom to go number 2 and don't want the hassle of using packing tape to keep the diaper together. I have to use packing tape on most diapers so I can pull them up and down.

The issue will come down to price in the long run for me, The Bellissimo is a 2 liter diaper easily so there will have to be some good case pricing in the future.

This could be the most absorbent diaper ever but I just need to get more pee in it :laugh: I wore a Comficare the other night and it leaked profusely but weighed 2.5 liters. Typically it's safe max is 2.3 liters, at which point it is soaked head to tail. Bellissimos can handle between 2 and 2.3 liters before leaking (overnight). Rearz, between 1.8 and 2 liters. Those are the only competitors I can think of off hand, so you can buy this diaper knowing you're getting one of the best, if not the best. Recently I tried the Fabine Exclusive. While the same cut as these diapers, the recent iteration can only handle about 1.5 liters, so don't even waste your time there. Snuggles Wadler/S.E.X. , about 1.6 liters. Most other high end brand diapers run into the 1.6 liter range overnight in my experience (Think Molicare, 24/7, Abena).

Last edited:
lilkayden said:

Sorry to hear you're in the same sad, slow boat as me!

- - - Updated - - -

Mattew said:
Still lucky. I'm not sure when or if I'll ever be able to get some.

I hope you'll be able to try them next month when they have 2 (or 3) diapers samples available.

- - - Updated - - -

crowza said:
I thought they made it so you can only order 2 bags

They did, two bags per order but you can place as many orders you want (or can afford). Seems kind of pointless if the goal is a 2 pack limit so "everyone gets a chance to try them".

- - - Updated - - -

BouncyBoy said:
First overnight test. I've onlt done overnight testing, so someone should provide some standing up testing. Morning weight of the diaper was 2.3 liters. It looks like it had more capacity left.

This is easily a good replacement for the Comficare (which is/was the best in my opinion), and if they drop the prices, far better priced than importing them. The tapes are excellent as far as I can tell. Wider than anything I've seen on a 2 tape diaper and survived the riggers of a restless sleeper. In fact, of the two I've worn so far, I was able to pull the diaper right off like a pullup without the tapes coming off. If they can really do this over and over again, they would make a great diaper for those who want to use the bathroom to go number 2 and don't want the hassle of using packing tape to keep the diaper together. I have to use packing tape on most diapers so I can pull them up and down.

The issue will come down to price in the long run for me, The Bellissimo is a 2 liter diaper easily so there will have to be some good case pricing in the future.

This could be the most absorbent diaper ever but I just need to get more pee in it :laugh: I wore a Comficare the other night and it leaked profusely but weighed 2.5 liters. Typically it's safe max is 2.3 liters, at which point it is soaked head to tail. Bellissimos can handle between 2 and 2.3 liters before leaking (overnight). Rearz, between 1.8 and 2 liters. Those are the only competitors I can think of off hand, so you can buy this diaper knowing you're getting one of the best, if not the best. Recently I tried the Fabine Exclusive. While the same cut as these diapers, the recent iteration can only handle about 1.5 liters, so don't even waste your time there. Snuggles Wadler/S.E.X. , about 1.6 liters. Most other high end brand diapers run into the 1.6 liter range.

Nice! Thank you for the update, now I'm more impatient than ever to try these! Looking/compairing this diaper yesterday (folded) to a Bambino Bellissimo they look very similar, except the Space looks longer. I'm surprised to see the Rearz maxes out at 2 liters but that confirms my instincts are right, Bellissimo holds more! I've only ever tried one Comficare diaper sample and thought the fit was too small/tight for a medium. Perhaps if I had more of them to try (what I was saying early on in this thread) I could figure out how to tape them to be comfortable on my body. As normal nowa days with all products, you find something you like, something that works, then they change it (or "improve" it) and fuck it up.
Sounds like you ran out of time while testing the Space diaper or you didn't think it could handle any more tinkles? Would love to hear your final thoughts on it and what the true usable max capacity is.

Ya I ran out of time/couldn't pee enough.

Please keep in mind that standing capacities, as well as sitting, vary widely compared to laying on your back. I once went to Vegas and had a medium Rearz hold 3 liters while walking around.

As far as I can tell, the Space/Comficare/Bellissimo/Rearz are identical cuts. So choose the same size you used in those brands to fit into a Space Diaper. The Space has more elastic so they shrink up more in the middle and probably snug better on a larger size range of people. When stretched out, their cut appears identical.

Abu is also FAR MORE REALISTIC than the other brands about practical use sizes that they advertise. The bottom tops are also higher than the Comficare and being more above my fat thigh, I think this makes the Space fit better.

Oops. The question. I think it could hold more. There were still a couple inches in front and back at 2.3 liters whereas the Comficare was saturated.

It's hard to make a guess but I'll say the Large Space diaper potentially could hold at least 2.4 to 2.6 liters laying on your back. It will take some time to overflow these to get a more accurate/safe number. Essentially this is would be the largest capacity diaper I have ever tried, and I've pretty much tried every high capacity diaper.

Last edited:
Wow if only the price was not so high I think they are listed at $ 34.99 and is just to much for only ten diapers I could get a pack of abena m4's case of 14 on amazon for around 18 to 25 dollars or a case of 42 for about 56 dollars so I'll just wait until the the first of this coming month to place my order

dragon123 said:
Wow if only the price was not so high I think they are listed at $ 34.99 and is just to much for only ten diapers I could get a pack of abena m4's case of 14 on amazon for around 18 to 25 dollars or a case of 42 for about 56 dollars so I'll just wait until the the first of this coming month to place my order

Meh, not to cast aspersions on ABU, but this is a prime opportunity for price discrimination. Early adopters always pay through the nose. I've no doubt that the large margin on the early sales will go a long way towards shoring up the company's financial position after the damage done by the previous management. I'm sure that the price will come down eventually, once stock starts to build up, but in the meantime, if people are willing to pay $3.50 a nappy, that's their own lookout.

I'll be interested to see what the UK price is, given that Nappies R Us, ABU's UK reseller, also stocks Rearz Spoiled.

dragon123 said:
It really is hard to beat the M4's affordability and effectiveness. These space diapers look super cute, but at such a steep rate, I may just be sticking to the M4's for the time being.

I guess you're right I'll just have to bite the bullet on this one

I got a delivery notice from UPS today, says I have a package tomorrow from "STROM HOLDING". I assume that's the new ABU?

bambinod said:
I got a delivery notice from UPS today, says I have a package tomorrow from "STROM HOLDING". I assume that's the new ABU?

Yeah. That's the name.

Well I drank 3 liters of water before bed last night. What is the result?

It leaked.

When I weighted it, it was 2.430 liters.

So I'm going to call it and say that 2.3 liters is the safe max for sleeping on your back. This makes it identical to the Comficare.

This not a bad thing, the Comficares are discontinued, making this the top diaper in my opinion. Also I think the space diapers have better tapes. The plastic does tend to loosten up a bit after you tape it on really tight, but that didn't seem to affect anything.

I'm sure others will test standing and sitting performance, but without comficares these are certianly the best diaper I have ever used. I hope that relatively speaking, tests for standing and sitting are just as good.

I'm also quite fond of the print. My desire for diapers has been waining a little lately but this new print is very appeling (like if my little were 3) and the performance is equal (maybe better in other tests) than the outgoing Comficare (rest it's soul).

As I mentioned before, the tapes are indeed better (best), and the bottom tapes placed higher which to me, make it fit better. This diaper is a winner, perhaps THE winner.

I really think a direct test with Comficare and Space would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back