Abuniverse Space Diapers, Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered 2 bags. Looks like the stock is getting low, too. Guess the order restrictions were a good idea, ABU!

There's someone already selling these on ebay...at a markup of course.:damnpc:

well I decided to get a few bags anyway despite the higher price. hope they're worth it.

For Science!!

I agree that $3.50 is alot of money per diaper but when you look at other single pack orders (after you add in shipping) the price is not that far off. If you buy a 2 or 3 diaper sample pack you can spend up to $5.00 (or more) per diaper. Personally I was all for 2 or 3 diaper samples but have since come to the conclusion I need more information than they allow me to obtain. Perfect example: the first time I tried Northshore supremes (free 2 diaper sample) I hated them. I ended up buying 2 cases of Abena M4 from Northshore shortly after and both cases came with 2 samples (4 more supremes for me to try). Now I have only 1 sample of 6 left and have a better understanding of them. I no longer hate them and would rather have 2 cases of then vs. the 2 cases of the Abena I bought. What I am saying in all this rambling is I decided I need to buy a pack of diapers as a "sample" to judge the fit, quality, etc. instead of judging a diaper after only wearing/trying 2.

DLMunky said:
What I am saying in all this rambling is I decided I need to buy a pack of diapers as a "sample" to judge the fit, quality, etc. instead of judging a diaper after only wearing/trying 2.

I'd totally agree with that. 2 is not enough. But from the vendor's perspective, it's not practical to send out an entire bag as a "free sample"

The free sample is basically enough for you to justify the cost of getting a bag or two to really test.

(tho lately I seem to be getting 1/2 to 1 case to "sample"....)

Sample packs are generally 'teasers' that get you to want to purchase some more.

bambinod said:
I'd totally agree with that. 2 is not enough. But from the vendor's perspective, it's not practical to send out an entire bag as a "free sample"

The free sample is basically enough for you to justify the cost of getting a bag or two to really test.

(tho lately I seem to be getting 1/2 to 1 case to "sample"....)

Lol.. I would never expect a company to send a free bag! I think you understand what I'm trying to say though, I should be buying bags not 2 diaper samples. After trying a whole bag of 8+ diapers you know if they will work for you and if you like them. Half cases or whole cases as samples are really risky, what would you do if you use the first pack and realize you totally hate them? Maybe I'm too picky or expect too much from "high quallity" diapers.

- - - Updated - - -

BabyDenise said:
Sample packs are generally 'teasers' that get you to want to purchase some more.

That's the truth!

DLMunky said:
Half cases or whole cases as samples are really risky, what would you do if you use the first pack and realize you totally hate them? Maybe I'm too picky or expect too much from "high quallity" diapers.

Well, last year I ordred a case of Northshore mediums, because the size range suggested they'd fit me. Not a chance in hell, their upper size is the max belt size for only getting the top tape barely to the edge of the front wing. (so the lower tapes are going to miss the front wing by ~4") Every other manufacturer puts the max size where the top tapes are about 2" away from the padding, so the lowers can actually reach the lower edge of the wing. So I ended up using some for stuffers and others I just gave away.

Owell. I survived. Others can't afford to waste that kind of money though I'm sure.

My first bag of Space Diapers arrived today. These things are *incredible*. Similar in construction to Bambino Bellissimos, but with more substantial padding that seems less inclined to clump, wider, stronger tapes, and a really nice backing that doesn't stretch as much, yet still feels soft. The dimensions are worse for me, because I'm between Sm-Med, and Bellissimos ran a little on the small side, but even so, these are superb. Wearers who normally fit well in an Abena M4 will be thrilled.

It surprises me a bit that ABDL diapers couldn't simply be classified as "novelty" and thereby dodge all the FDA nonsense. Of course, if it only takes a few days to get their stamp of approval, I suppose it can't hurt to have that. Otherwise: Health supplements are a bazillion-dollar business festooned with claims of real health benefits and all sorts of other pseudoscientific claims--and no FDA in sight. Jeez, mon! Go after the untested herbal shit and "energy balance" bracelets first.

Heven said:
My first bag of Space Diapers arrived today. These things are *incredible*. Similar in construction to Bambino Bellissimos, but with more substantial padding that seems less inclined to clump, wider, stronger tapes, and a really nice backing that doesn't stretch as much, yet still feels soft. The dimensions are worse for me, because I'm between Sm-Med, and Bellissimos ran a little on the small side, but even so, these are superb. Wearers who normally fit well in an Abena M4 will be thrilled.
Thanks for the update! Bellissimos are my all time favorite diaper (so far) and now I really can't wait to try them! UPS says the delivery date is Monday but I'm crossing my fingers & hoping they come early. I'm not 100% sure but I thought ABU said they were going to have the new lines available in size small also, eventually?

DLMunky said:
Thanks for the update! Bellissimos are my all time favorite diaper (so far) and now I really can't wait to try them! UPS says the delivery date is Monday but I'm crossing my fingers & hoping they come early. I'm not 100% sure but I thought ABU said they were going to have the new lines available in size small also, eventually?
If you're like me, you are hoping that they will wick in to the back of the diaper. This is the one issue that I always had with Bambino in general. If the Space Diapers do indeed spread wetness throughout the diaper, and everything else stacks up, I may be saying goodbye to Bambino.

With this said, I think that ABU, by bringing in these new high capacity, premium diapers, can dethrone Bambino as the best AB/DL diaper company in the US. They'll possibly be the best diaper available in the country.

One thing that I'm afraid of, as seen by all of us is that products always change somehow. Like the recent batch of Dry 24/7 being changed.

I hope they can maintain they're product quality or improve it without sacrificing something else.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
If you're like me, you are hoping that they will wick in to the back of the diaper. This is the one issue that I always had with Bambino in general. If the Space Diapers do indeed spread wetness throughout the diaper, and everything else stacks up, I may be saying goodbye to Bambino.

With this said, I think that ABU, by bringing in these new high capacity, premium diapers, can dethrone Bambino as the best AB/DL diaper company in the US. They'll possibly be the best diaper available in the country.

One thing that I'm afraid of, as seen by all of us is that products always change somehow. Like the recent batch of Dry 24/7 being changed.

I hope they can maintain they're product quality or improve it without sacrificing something else.

I've noticed while sitting in a desk chair day after day that no adult diaper will wick to the back in this position, with one exception. The Northshores did wick to the back but because their overall capacity is not as good as Bellisimos or Comficare, I don't use them. I have never reliably got more than 1.3 liters reliably sitting in a desk chair from any brand period.

Comficares have some kind of blue wicking rectangle in the center but I've not been able to overload them yet. I'm wearing black pants so maybe I'll give it a go today :p. Sadly, those dumb fucks are discontinuing them and I doubt the redesign will be as good.

Even if the Space Diapers don't wick to the back they won't be any worse than any other premium diaper. If they can hold more than 1.3 liters just in the front, there's no question they will be the best.

I guess I'm placing a lot of faith in the early reviews because I ordered 6 packs.

BouncyBoy said:
I've noticed while sitting in a desk chair day after day that no adult diaper will wick to the back in this position, with one exception. The Northshores did wick to the back but because their overall capacity is not as good as Bellisimos or Comficare, I don't use them. I have never reliably got more than 1.3 liters reliably sitting in a desk chair from any brand period.

Comficares have some kind of blue wicking rectangle in the center but I've not been able to overload them yet. I'm wearing black pants so maybe I'll give it a go today :p. Sadly, those dumb fucks are discontinuing them and I doubt the redesign will be as good.

Even if the Space Diapers don't wick to the back they won't be any worse than any other premium diaper. If they can hold more than 1.3 liters just in the front, there's no question they will be the best.

If you’re sitting, then wicking to the back requires that the liquid defy gravity. While that is possible, capillary action can only take you so far, especially once the SAP immediately surrounding the cellulose “channels” becomes saturated. Realistically, the absorbent capacity at the rear of a nappy is intended for use when lying down. We could do with a resident expert in Fluid Dynamics. :p

If the Northshore wicks extremely well, but has low capacity, I'd guess it has a higher cellulose-to-SAP ratio than Bellisimo or Comficare.

BouncyBoy said:
I guess I'm placing a lot of faith in the early reviews because I ordered 6 packs.

I thought that ABU were restricting orders to two packs?

I made 3 orders.

I think you are right about the Northshores. It would eventually wick all the way up the rear while sitting down. It maxed out at 1.6 liters. Really quite impressive under such a harsh position, but laying down does't hold any more either.

So I stick with a Bellissimo or Comficare with one Quattro booster in the front and all is well.

At night I need no booster. Bellissimos and Comicares can handle to 2 to 2.3 liters without a leak. I've never tried putting more than 2.3 liters into the Comficare so it may be able to hold more.

I just downed a bunch of water to see if the Comficare will manage past 1.3 liters while sitting with its magic wicking strip.

I'm with you thatguy46, those are a long way past what my budget will allow.

thatguy46 said:
Am i the only one who thinks that $3.40 per diaper is a bit too much? id rather wait for tykables (snuggies) to restock on their updated overnights. Plus ABU just stole the wetness fade design from them anyway.
$3.50 is exspensive per diaper, but again 2 or 3 diaper sample packs cost more per diaper and you get a tease not a real test of the diapers quality like you do from a whole pack. Personally it takes me a few attempts (sometimes) to figure out where to place tapes and how far do I bring up the front to achieve the best fit. Through trial and error I know where to place the tapes on several different brands for the best fit to my body shape.
Not trying to start a fight but Snuggies were not the first adult diapers with a "fade when wet" design. Granted the did come up with a very cute design and impressed me!

Last edited:
I've been away from ABU for too long the site is completely different from when I last saw it but I would not mind buying a pack to see what they are like.

tall2826 said:
I've been away from ABU for too long the site is completely different from when I last saw it but I would not mind buying a pack to see what they are like.
ABU has been under new ownership. They are completely different from the previous owners. I've heard nothing but positive reviews since the change. Communication is key, this is where the previous owners had zero effort. With stock issues being second.

ABU used to be the dark horse in this industry, but the new owners have put customers ahead of themselves and now have the best service in the ABDL market by a long shot. Now they are stepping up their game by providing better products. In the future, hopefully beyond disposable diapers.

Good job team at ABU. Thanks for stepping up the game and revolutionizing customer service in our industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back