XP5000 vs BetterDry

hubert

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've tried "super premium" diapers like megamax and InControl, but they never seem to fit as well as BetterDry, so BetterDry reliably have the highest real world capacity based on how they fit my body. I think the extra tall standing leak guards are just especially important to my body shape, and I have bowel IC from time to time too so the tall guards are helpful for containing messes. Has anyone tried both XP5000 and BetterDry that can compare them for me? I'm especially curious how XP5000's leak guards stack up. I try to make it to the toilet for #2, so the hook and loop tapes would be a godsend for taking it off, using the toilet, and putting it back on. BetterDry's Achilles' heel truly is their ridiculous attempt at landing zones which are only effective if you put the tape back in the exact location that you originally had it, so they're utterly useless for adjustments.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, ElPulpo and Seasonedcitizen
I like the XP5000 they do have a bit smaller part between the legs then betterdry, but they fit me just fine as do betterdry.
The betterdry is still for me personally better value for usage but the XP5000 are very comfortable, though they feel more swollen between the legs when used than the betterdry does for my personal experience.
For the #2, I just slide the back down, but the front not that much, so pee goes in the betterdry and the #2 in the toilet, without untaping, yes it does put a little bit of strain on the sides/front plastic but never really had it rip.

XP5000 hook and loop in my batch are having a small issue with pulling it (too?) tight that you end up with one of the tapes ripped of, so be gentile and steady pulling just enough.
For me the XP5000 when pointing down the backside always gets saturated sooner than the front, so I have to adjust pointing upwards during the day to get the most saturation out of it, otherwise it does leak around the ass area when sitting down, so not right between the legs but a little bit further.

I really like them and they are more comfortable, they are not too expensive, but pricewise they do not keep up to my betterdry. I do keep a stack in storage of them because its nice to have a change from time to time.

(For fitment I think they go a little bit more to the style of attends it feels a bit narrower than the betterdry between the legs, so padding width as my opinion goes is : attends -> beyond xp5000 -> tena activefit maxi -> betterdry -> megamax -> rearz/tykables)

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I recently tried betterdry day's, which I'm fairly certain fit me about the same as betterdry normal did. I also just got a case of xp5000's. I did try the xp5000's when they first came out, but they're a lot difference since then.

At least in terms of fit, the betterdry's were always a little too tight around my legs. The xp5000 is pretty comfy overall. The velcro landing strip has been annoyingly poking me in the side a few times at the edge of the wings. The leak guards on the xp5000 seem definitely shorter than betterdry's, but a little taller than average.

Capacity wise, I don't know yet. I put a booster in this one and I'm still dry :p I will add though that the betterdry day capacity is about 80% that of abenas. Not very impressive for the price.

Reactions: Woncrinklz and Seasonedcitizen
I'm going to be the contrarian and say I much prefer Betterdry over xp5000. I really dislike how stiff the hook and loop panel is, and I don't usually retape a lot so it doesn't buy me a lot. Also the whole thing about not being able to roll up and tape. Capacity wise, it seems roughly the same for me at least.

Reactions: Woncrinklz, Bigguydl, ElPulpo and 2 others
BetterDry for me!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz
I have used both. I had to find a replacement for my ConfiDry 24/7. The BetterDry was the closest thing. I couldn’t get past the rough feeling of the hook and loop landing zone.

Reactions: diapeybabybrian
Has anyone ordered XP’s from this latest batch after the long inventory dry spell. They seem a little thinner in the crotch, but it might just be me.

So, I really soaked an xp5000 last night at least for me, but no problems. It was wet enough to be sort of stiff in the crotch. If you move around a lot at night, you might find these uncomfortable.

But, I had some stomach stuff, and yea the velcro tabs are awesome there. I've never been able to get a diaper off faster than with these.

My latest batch of XP'S are little thinner. But they still do well for me.

I’m just a DL so functional performance isn’t as important but I never liked the stiffness of the BetterDry. The BetterDry Day is a great diaper for comfort and isn’t stiff due to being thinner. I tried the XP a long time ago and it was fine. Nothing spectacular but those folks that rely for accidents may feel otherwise.

SaggyB said:
I'm going to be the contrarian and say I much prefer Betterdry over xp5000. I really dislike how stiff the hook and loop panel is, and I don't usually retape a lot so it doesn't buy me a lot. Also the whole thing about not being able to roll up and tape. Capacity wise, it seems roughly the same for me at least.
Exactly what I came to say, and the xp doesn’t fit me as well. The xp is also not a long as the better dry.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
I seem to have always bounced back to the Better Dry and Crinklz for the day, then switch to the Rearz's brands geared as way stronger for the night. I suppose I am stubborn(?) but quality is quality. I like the perfect fit of Better Dry. Never tried "day" type, although I have honestly "nearly" tried all the brands, minus store bought, except when young, and tinkering around.

As far as the possible "stiffness" of the core: Just gently bend it or kinda roll the core a little to loosen the stuffing. But they really work dependably well.
One thing: Is the outer shell thinner? :unsure: I either am too used to Rearz, or I am not remembering something. Is the plastic shell getting lighter? I got the pirate ones in Crinklz, and they are so much different than what I recall from the regular types in the cartoon prints. But things are getting more expensive now, and maybe companies are making the gauges in plastic thinner for shipping, just like the boxes they ship in sometimes.

I agree the better dry does have a great fit. I just wish they would meet my needs. Like they did before.

Back