World Coins

Due to the incentive of a research program that my daughter and I are in, I had a windfall on the first of April.

Therefore I was able to cross the "last big" line on my coin collection. I now have GOLD! in my collection. I was able to by two very small Mexican Gold coins. Both are 1945. The smallest is a 2 Peso and the second one I used my duplicate silver coins exchange for a 2 1/2 peso coin.

I put my 1864 large motto and 1866 2 cent coins into my coin collection.

I should stay off of E-bay.

I just bought 6 oz of silver coins for $12.50 oz. (spot silver this morning was $14.78 and oz)

I just could not pass that up.

egor said:
I should stay off of E-bay.

I just bought 6 oz of silver coins for $12.50 oz. (spot silver this morning was $14.78 and oz)

I just could not pass that up.

The coins arrived today. About 1/3 of them are ones I do not have listed, and most of the others I will look at for upgrading the ones I have.

Just finished my coin collection inventory/records and I now officially have 246 countries and 15246 coins.

The sad /funny part is most of those are worthless. This is definitely a hobby that you literally through good money for bad.

I need to stay off of e-bay.

But its for the kids:sneaky: collection.

Picked up a 1857 flying eagle for $10.

Have been buying specific coins lately. I am now 1921 S mercury dime away from a complete collection and have picked up 2 of the Key date Indian head pennies that I need. So 4 more to go and that collection will be complete.

egor said:
Have been buying specific coins lately. I am now 1921 S mercury dime away from a complete collection and have picked up 2 of the Key date Indian head pennies that I need. So 4 more to go and that collection will be complete.
That impressive egor. I collected coins as a kid and have the 1916 D mercury dime, but not the 1921 S.

dogboy said:
That impressive egor. I collected coins as a kid and have the 1916 D mercury dime, but not the 1921 S.
A couple of weeks ago I had a handful of silver duplicates I took back to the coin store and went through the 12X face box. I could not believe it. It is usually filled with 194* mercury and a bunch of 196* Roosevelt dimes. But this time most of them where 191* p, d & s. It was such a boot digging through that box.

If I ever stop buying(using all of my coin budget) on E-bay I would like to go through the 16X face box.

I was surprised my wife did not hit the ceiling this evening, when she came up behind me as I made a $200 bid on a 1909s Indian Head Penny. I am sure I will not get it, but I did not want this person bidding against me to get it so cheap.

If it does win I may have to put new hay in the dog house so I have something clean to sleep on!

Ah....the life of a numismatic! I have a 1909 Indian Head as it was the year my father was born; no S though.

I think I'm out of control :)

An add for E-bay popped up on Facebook and I had to go look!

Uncleaned, unsearched Roman Coins from Israel for $6 each. Most of what I have seen for bronze coins are $30. I know how to minor clean coins, and could not resist so I ordered 5.

It will be interesting to see what you get. I live about 50 miles from a lake/resort area and I got an add in the mail today advertising lots for sale for $19,000. They typically go for $50,000 or more, so I wonder what's up. Are they in hard to build locations?

I have alot of us silver. I also have a 5 and 10 dollar gold eagle. Those are from the late 1800s. I have a bag of silver 3rd Reich coins.

egor said:
Due to the incentive of a research program that my daughter and I are in, I had a windfall on the first of April.

Therefore I was able to cross the "last big" line on my coin collection. I now have GOLD! in my collection. I was able to by two very small Mexican Gold coins. Both are 1945. The smallest is a 2 Peso and the second one I used my duplicate silver coins exchange for a 2 1/2 peso coin.
I have 3 of those gold 2 peso coins. Fun little coins to have. They basically half about a 25th of an ounce of gold in them. If you want to go for more gold Mexican coins to make a set I can direct you to a couple good sites

Lonelydl said:
I have alot of us silver. I also have a 5 and 10 dollar gold eagle. Those are from the late 1800s. I have a bag of silver 3rd Reich coins.

That's cool. I hope to get some of those one day when I really start buying a lot of gold. But for now the silver is in my price range most of the time.

I have several oz. of German Silver from German States to West German coins, like the 1972 Olympics.

Lonelydl said:
I have 3 of those gold 2 peso coins. Fun little coins to have. They basically half about a 25th of an ounce of gold in them. If you want to go for more gold Mexican coins to make a set I can direct you to a couple good sites

Ya that's why I got them they are so small and only $75.

I am always interested in finding new and reputable sites. The Stuff I have found on E-bay is way over priced and out of my budget zone.

Providentmetals.com is a good one. They deal in a ton of newer bullion coins. But they do get old Mexican gold coins in all the time

Lonelydl said:
Providentmetals.com is a good one. They deal in a ton of newer bullion coins. But they do get old Mexican gold coins in all the time

I do not know if I dare!!!!

I just went on to nerocoins.com and got into trouble again. This is the person I bought the 5 coins from. They deal in Ancient Greek, Roman, and middle east coins.

I just bought another 13 low grade coins for $1.59 US each to practice cleaning before I do the other ones.

Lonelydl said:

Thanks for the link.

Looked at their site and found it very interesting. Definitely will have to adjust my budget if I want to get some of those Items, but it is nice to have a good reference source in nothing else. I did pay a 10% less for my two coins, but it is hard to find someone that has those listed regually. IT is real hit and miss with my primary source, because they are more into turning gold bars and rounds fast then trying to sell "coins" and if they do have them they are few and far between and only there for a couple of days. Besides most of what they have are current coins/not in circulation and when they do the coins are full or 1+ oz gold.

If I bought a $1400 coin I would definitely be in trouble with the boss. Even she does not spend that much on shoes!!!!

egor said:
A couple of weeks ago I had a handful of silver duplicates I took back to the coin store and went through the 12X face box. I could not believe it. It is usually filled with 194* mercury and a bunch of 196* Roosevelt dimes. But this time most of them where 191* p, d & s. It was such a boot digging through that box.

If I ever stop buying(using all of my coin budget) on E-bay I would like to go through the 16X face box.

I was surprised my wife did not hit the ceiling this evening, when she came up behind me as I made a $200 bid on a 1909s Indian Head Penny. I am sure I will not get it, but I did not want this person bidding against me to get it so cheap.

If it does win I may have to put new hay in the dog house so I have something clean to sleep on!

Well this other person and I was in a bidding war over the 1909 S, but I just had to draw the line at $300. Over that and it just was not worth the fight that would have ensued.

That seems to be my budget line. the last thing I pasted up on was a 1899 savarin at $295.

Egor, you're a high roller!

Back