• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Wondering why i feel the need for a diaper/nappy.

EastEnglandM

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Fairly quiet DL who wants to understand why I need DL. I feel so secure at night. Wonder if someone, preferably looking from the female side could explain.

I think we would need a lot more information than that for starters. We are not likely to be able to explain why you, specifically, need diapers. It's not really something other people can explain to you. I can explain why I like 'em but that's about it I'm afraid. A therapist could have a good try at it but we're just randoms on the internet

Reactions: KBoy, EastEnglandM and TeeMousy
Welcome and enjoy

Hi and Welcome

Reactions: KBoy and EastEnglandM
Hello & Welcome to the site
Unfortunately why people wish to wear diapers is extremely varied across the board
we'd need a lot more information
because not everyone just fits in one category
and it's sometimes unknown why

take my self
I started getting an attraction to diapers at age 5 and have liked them since for various reasons but right now they help me with anxiety & ptsd
on top of that im incontinent so also need diapers to stay dry.

some people use it as an escape from adult / mature grown up time
others use it for comfort
for others it can be sexual / pee fetish or into bdsm things
for others still it's a shield from past abuse
there are even more reasons or a variation of what's mentioned above

everyone is unique and why you like them can also be unique.

if you want to share more about your self we can try and help you figure it out. It's often not a like a light switch or solved over night type discovery though.

• Love
Reactions: BenNevis, KBoy and EastEnglandM
This book will help a LOT https://www.amazon.ca/Youre-Not-Broken-Rhodas-Strong/dp/0999452614 and just keep reading posts about peoples stories on here.

I lost my dad at 4 1/2 so feelings of abandonment play a role. Diapers and pretending to be younger just feels “right” - before I learned the world is full of bad things, it feels safe and comforting when I’m little

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, EastEnglandM and MetalDan86
As @SparkyDog has said there is all different reasons why peaple like to wear diapers or have a interest in them for me I just wanted to feel small and worry free when I'm not at work so instead of drugs and alcohol I decided to learn about regression to work through my stress and anxiety since then I've quit all alcohol drinks and smoking and went back to school to be a commercial driver and I wear/ regress every min I'm not at work because it relaxing and soothing 😊 especially if my mommy is home to put me down for a nap with my bottles

So I hope you find your happiness and your reasoning who knows it could be as simple as it bring ur enjoyment 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: KBoy, EastEnglandM and SparkyDog
Welcome

Reactions: KBoy and EastEnglandM
Firstly Welcome.
Secondly that’s the million pound question! Many of us may know or think we know why we feel this way but some of us don’t. I’m still not 100% sure why I’m ABDL or why it works so well for me but I’ve learned not to question it too much and just enjoy it. Sure it’s not common, sure it’s not normal but it’s helpful, healthy, legal, natural and it keeps my emotions in check so I use it.

Reactions: KBoy, EastEnglandM and ryan8710
KarmaBaby3 said:
This book will help a LOT https://www.amazon.ca/Youre-Not-Broken-Rhodas-Strong/dp/0999452614 and just keep reading posts about peoples stories on here.

I lost my dad at 4 1/2 so feelings of abandonment play a role. Diapers and pretending to be younger just feels “right” - before I learned the world is full of bad things, it feels safe and comforting when I’m little
That book is extremely insightful. Thank you. I am just a DL and I wonder if it serves as an enjoyable experience which helps relieve stress and anxiety by taking my mind off anything negative due to the feeling of a wet nappy.

Reactions: KarmaBaby3 and KBoy
EastEnglandM said:
That book is extremely insightful. Thank you. I am just a DL and I wonder if it serves as an enjoyable experience which helps relieve stress and anxiety by taking my mind off anything negative due to the feeling of a wet nappy.
I just enjoy that padded feeling! I'm big into texture and feel so I love panties as well. I'm not IC though I sometimes wet through choice. Not into messing.
And that's about it for me!

Welcome from SW UK.

As others have said explaining why you personally feel a connection/desire toward nappies is not really possible, at least not without a lot of background info, it's something only you can really figure out. it can help reading about and examining other peoples experiences and thoughts and looking for comparatives to your own experience but at the end of the day this is a very personal thing and everyone comes to it from their own angles.

At the end of the day though, while it can help you to know what the reasons are or why you feel this way, as long as you are enjoying it and get something from it the why of it all doesn't really matter so much, just allow it to be and know that it is ok, there is nothing wrong with these desires and if they help you in some way (like stress relief or a way to work through trauma) then that is great.

This is a good place to be though, you will find plenty of advice, stories, experiences and support from the members here.

Reactions: EastEnglandM
Back