Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 0 guest views remaining

Wicking to the back

Riddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
So I was fiddling around with some luvs size 6 and found that wetness was nicely carried to the back to make it pleasantly squishy.
My main other basis for comparison is Goodnites. So do other diapers wick wetness to the back better, or is this more a matter of the baby diaper being smaller?

• Thinking
Reactions: Woncrinklz, goodnitedog and PearlandDL
So far, I haven't found an adult diaper that wicks to the back. If I'm sitting down then everything is in the front only. If I'm standing up then it partly fills the front and partly the middle. If I'm laying down on my back then it fills the front and partly the middle and sometimes a little bit of the back but never close to all the way. I can actually fill the front to overflowing while laying on my back and the back will still be mostly dry.

I was thinking the same thing when walking by and "viewing" the things they had at my nearby grocery store. I saw the older versions, up to 140lbs. I recall I bought the Huggies pullups when in my late 20s. The GoodNites.
I think I saw another version competitor. Maybe pampers(?) I dunno.

I did think, as I stood in the aisle yesterday; that they were calibrated for a small body where the main absorbant pad is the same for many adult diapers, but without the extra useless fluff that is needed to fill a regular adult diaper in the back. I don't know why the fluff in the back is so awfully useless.
My assumption was, as I recalled how much they held...at least back when I bought them...that the focus was to help a sleeping smaller body, no matter what position. There is no need for back fluffing.

I tried using a booster in all sorts of places within the adult diaper to copy the concept for the horizontal-mode Goodnites and others did, and find boosters can actually impede comfort. But that's another conundrum. The boosters help, but kinda do weird things, like push and distort the fit which seems to inhibit wearing them without ironic odd leaks, etc. I swear, I think a booster is best for a wide crotched-diaper, with a long front and back to make it work, along with good inner guards " ".:unsure:

Sorry to get kinda off the subject:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::unsure:

Reactions: PearlandDL
It mIght be useful to use a DIY liner, like a thin linen or microfiber towel folded to run from front to back.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
The old confidry dry 247 used to wick very well. I soaked many of those all the way to the back wings! So sad they are gone. The second best I have ever used is NS supreme diapers. They wick almost as well. I think the issue is with the real high capacity diapers, there is so much SAP that they just swell till they leak rather than wick to the rest of the diaper,

• Thinking
Reactions: Woncrinklz
The new incontrol bedry elites actually seem to do a decent job of wicking all along the front, middle, and partway up the back, farther up the back than I've experienced with a lot of other brands.

Back