Why I love my jelly sandals

feetintrouble

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
jelly sandals.jpg

I recently bought these inherently childish sandals, and here is why I love them. Unlike Crocs, they are very snug fitting, and I cannot easily kick them off. As a child, I remember how when an adult had buckled my closed-toe sandals tightly, I couldn't get them off no matter how I tried. (I didn't yet have the dexterity to undo the buckles myself!) My feet were locked up in their little prisons. :cry: But they are very light, and it almost feels like being barefoot. I love to wear shoes without socks, and something I heard as a child was that if I did this, my toes would disappear. But as these are transparent, I can check that my toes haven't disappeared. I can walk through water or mud without messing up the shoes, or risking losing them. My toes are protected from being hurt, yet I can see them. My feet are protected from anyone who might try to tickle them. And I love to watch them disappear into the blackness when my caregiver blindfolds me for a fun activity.

Reactions: doublepadded and BBBen
I have a pair of jellies myself.

Crocs are far superior in the comfort department, but jellies look far nicer.

I've remembered there's a children's book "Jellyfish shoes", in which a girls brother tells her that her sandals are made from jellyfish which have been washed up on the beach.

I have 2 pairs. You can still buy them in many colors from the manufacturer that started this ages ago. https://www.meduse.com/fr/

Reactions: feetintrouble
I got some from here, they are fun to wear,

Those look great on you! I have to say that I too, incorporate some childish footwear into my daily outfits. It does really bring out the regression factor as I can show them on my feet and show how "little" of a person I am. Very cute!

Back