Where to post transgender questions.

BigAl2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have some questions to ask. Not sure where to post.

BigAl1 said:
I have some questions to ask. Not sure where to post.

Depends on their specifics, I guess. If they are about anatomy, the might go into the Sexuality forum. If they are about MTF and female gender roles, they might go into the Sissy forum. If they don't fit in any specific forum, you might post them here in Off-topic.

Reactions: Angelapinks and BigAl2
My question is does the hormone therapy effect ones mind? My son is going through MTF. Lately every time he helps me with something. He ask if im surprised he did. And if im happy. It's like he's a little kid again. It has me concerned.

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks
I'm not an expert by any means, just someone who tries to inform himself about a variety of things, so don't take this as medical advice.

I suppose individual effects may vary a lot, but according to what I have read, hormone therapy can affect feelings, mood and behaviour. That would be no surprise, since it is observed for the hormone cycle and contraceptives in females.
If you are concerned and talk about a minor, you probably should talk to the doctor who prescribed the hormones (an endocrinologist, I presume?).

Reactions: dogboy and BigAl2
He's 33 years old. He's on some patch and i think oral meds too. I know he is working on lowering his testosterone levels. I told him to be prepaid for the hot flashes from low T. I have andropause and im on T injections to keep mine at healthy levels.

@BigAl1 As someone who is trans, most hrt questions are addressed in sissy/girls forum. I believe you are refering to the estradiol patch and spironolactone diuretics.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl2
BigAl1 said:
He's 33 years old. He's on some patch and i think oral meds too. I know he is working on lowering his testosterone levels. I told him to be prepaid for the hot flashes from low T. I have andropause and im on T injections to keep mine at healthy levels.
I'm on hrt so feel free to message me any questions if you want.

I’ve asked on my wife’s bahalf many times on Reddit. I’ve never considered adisc the best place to get good input on transgender related questions.

mistykitty said:
I'm on hrt so feel free to message me any questions if you want.
Yes the other is a diuretic. And thank you too. (y)

BigAl1 said:
Yes the other is a diuretic. And thank you too. (y)
Your welcome. I know it is a complex thing so if I can help demystify stuff for you by all means. As I've said to many others I don't hide anything I'm totally open to talk about stuff.

BigAl1 said:
My question is does the hormone therapy effect ones mind? My son is going through MTF. Lately every time he helps me with something. He ask if im surprised he did. And if im happy. It's like he's a little kid again. It has me concerned.
From my point of view I would say perhaps he is trying to be the mommies little girl he never got to be. That was always my outlook when I wanted to transition although I never did in the end. I don't think it matters how old we are, there are still things we want to do or wish we had done when we were younger. As far as I know the Hormones don't effect the mind as much as we do ourselves but I am not a doctor or any kind of medical personel so I cannot say for sure. I do know that mood swings factor in quite often.

Angelapinks said:
From my point of view I would say perhaps he is trying to be the mommies little girl he never got to be. That was always my outlook when I wanted to transition although I never did in the end. I don't think it matters how old we are, there are still things we want to do or wish we had done when we were younger. As far as I know the Hormones don't effect the mind as much as we do ourselves but I am not a doctor or any kind of medical personel so I cannot say for sure. I do know that mood swings factor in quite often.
the short version is that at the beginning of hrt it's like going through puberty all over again. your essentially reprogramming your body to start growing differently.

Reactions: BigAl2 and Angelapinks
after that it's just maintaining and enhancing those received effects. a lot of emotional fluctuations though so be prepared for that. to get through that part i was temporarily given abilify.

Reactions: BigAl2 and Angelapinks
I was Mr Mom for most of his life. Great point Anglea.

Maybe a on a transgender website dedicated to trans people and not a site for wearing adult diapers!

Last edited:
BigAl1 said:
I was Mr Mom for most of his life. Great point Anglea.
I guess it would be daddies little girl then but either way the juvenile spirit comes into play. It is why I love little girls panties and clothes, to re-live my childhood the the way it should have been if my parents had taken me seriously instead of threats of an institution.

Back