When you thought you were the only one

Back in the '80s, I remember seeing a dude in a diaper in a tech magazine ad - PC Mag or such. Stopped me in my tracks.

When I was 10 or 11, I had a friend a year older who told me he enjoyed wetting his underwear. I told him I did too, so I knew I wasn't alone. In high school, my best friends' brother was being forced by his mother to wash his own underwear so I figured he was into it as well. I still felt I must be crazy however and it was about the same time I realized I was sexually attracted to some of the boys my age. I was probably 16 at the time. It was a tough time living without the internet because I still thought we were a small minority and what I was doing didn't seem normal at all.

Reactions: KBoy and wetaccident
Wow, that's awesome, you had a totally different experience from me, you met another person and of course you knew, but you are right, pre internet I know a lot of people must have thought they were alone or in a minority small they would never speak to another

I don't remember being particularly concerned about being the only one or wondering if there were others. I just knew it was my dirty little secret that had I had to keep to myself.

I chance encountered piece by piece on the early internet that there were others and it was more like a "huh interesting" than any kind of relief. I'm not really one for group think so it didn't really matter to me if others were doing it or if I was alone. I don't remember how exactly, maybe it was comments left in diaper/pullup maker's forums by ABDLs claiming they still wore them at age 12+ or finding people writing diaper fiction stories and eventually pictures and the existence of ABDL products.

I'm glad there are many others though, means there's a huge market for cute stuff in adult sizes. 🤣

Last edited:
LittleAndAlone said:
I don't remember being particularly concerned about being the only one or wondering if there were others. I just knew it was my dirty little secret that had I had to keep to myself.

I chance encountered piece by piece on the early internet that there were others and it was more like a "huh interesting" than any kind of relief. I'm not really one for group think so it didn't really matter to me if others were doing it or if I was alone. I don't remember how exactly, maybe it was comments left in diaper/pullup maker's forums by ABDLs claiming they still wore them at age 12+ or finding people writing diaper fiction stories and eventually pictures and the existence of ABDL products.

I'm glad there are many others though, means there's a huge market for cute stuff in adult sizes. 🤣
Well our dirty little secret seems to be a common one, and our diapers seem to be the only thing dirty about it. Great attitude, and a different perspective

Up until I was 9, I used to think I was the only one, and then when I was about 10 I found the story Ashely's Diaper Adventures, and that was when I realized I wasn't alone.

Reactions: longallsboy and KBoy
I want to say 99 or 2000. I found my first ABDL site by just randomly searching for diapers. It was…an experience. I eventually found my way to AR Archive, which was my hangout for years. Then Fox Tails Time and deviantart. I can’t remember when I found ADISC but I think I lurked for like ten years here before finally registering an account

Am also an 85 baby. A good time in that I got to see ABDL go from niche and kinda pervy to very broad spectrum and fun. But I low key wish I was coming into it as an 18-20 something now. Some of the communities we have now would have really helped me when I was trying to figure out who I was.

dinomonsterrawr said:
I want to say 99 or 2000. I found my first ABDL site by just randomly searching for diapers. It was…an experience. I eventually found my way to AR Archive, which was my hangout for years. Then Fox Tails Time and deviantart. I can’t remember when I found ADISC but I think I lurked for like ten years here before finally registering an account

Am also an 85 baby. A good time in that I got to see ABDL go from niche and kinda pervy to very broad spectrum and fun. But I low key wish I was coming into it as an 18-20 something now. Some of the communities we have now would have really helped me when I was trying to figure out who I was.
I can’t remember when I found ADISC but I think I lurked for like ten years here before finally registering an account.

-Same

Oddly I don’t remember thinking about being the only one. Maybe it crossed my mind, and of course I knew I was weird, but it really seems it wasn’t a big sticking point for me.

When I was 12 or so, my parents were out of the house on day, and I found myself looking up ‘diaper’ on Wikipedia :ROFLMAO: That’s how I eventually learned about fetishes and was led to BitterGrey’s website. That was a turning point. But I guess I wasn’t surprised there were others. After all, there was me.

Back