When were you potty trained for Daytime

When we're you potty trained?

• Total voters
Yeah I was super young. Not even 2 yet when I got potty trained :/

• Sad
Reactions: Halibut
I was 3 and a half years old but I wore pull ups until I was 4. According to my mom I was a really hard trainer being completely disinterested in potty training. I was also told they tried training me when I was 2 and for a whole year I never really told anyone when I needed to go and when asked I always said no until someone checked me and discovered I was completely soaked! By the time I was trained I was dry most the time but on vacations and out shopping I couldn’t hold it for long. Probably explains why in childhood I wanted diapers but I’m finally able to wear them again part time as a 25 year old lol!

I was fully potty-trained, day and night time use, when I was incredibly young. In fact, my Mother still boasts about it to this day, that I was potty-trained and out of diapers at 18 months, so I was just over a year old :cautious:

It's whatever because I am back in them now 😄 But still being potty-trained at such an early age made being able to trust in diapers as an AB difficult, that darn potty-training block :mad:... No worries though because I'm over that now, I use my diapers like a pro :)

I was 2 and don't remember all that much besides having a potty

When I was two and a half. But I still wore nappies on occasions for some time after that.

I think i was 5 or 6 as i saw photos of me at that time with diapers clearly visible

Reactions: Freddie07601, espectro, Rezzu and 1 other person
23 months. So, almost 2. I was really easy to train considering I grew up to enjoy nappies. My mum said she ran out one day so she just tried me with no nappy and it worked

I'm 18 so being trained before 2 was pretty rare in my generation I guess

Technically, 4 and a half. My folks started around when I was 3, but apparently I was extremely stubborn. To think had I stayed stubborn that I might not have trained at all. Highly doubtful though.

Reactions: Freddie07601 and T3guuM44
I was potty trained but I voted never just to be funny.🤪

as far as I'm aware and what I'm told, I was potty trained around 2 with no problems. Imo, big mistake! :p My cousin wasn't potty trained fully until he was like 6 or 7. Lucky. :p

I honestly have no idea when I was originally potty trained. In the 1960's it was common for children to be pushed into early potty training, so I'd guess at age 2 or so.. I know my mother told me I wasn't any trouble to potty train. Then at about age 10 I went through a phase where I pooped my pants, I think I was too busy playing to go in and take care of business, so had a few "accidents". I remember my parents threatening to put me back in diapers if I didn't stop. I did, but looking back, being put back into diapers might have been fun.

AddyShadows said:
My cousin wasn't potty trained fully until he was like 6 or 7. Lucky. :p

I had a neighbor like that, but apparently his mom was very neglectful. My mom told me that the best thing she ever did for him was bake a frozen pie...
We watched blues clues together, though I wasn't that into it, he was a nice person atleast.

Reactions: Freddie07601
Straycatz said:
I honestly have no idea when I was originally potty trained. In the 1960's it was common for children to be pushed into early potty training, so I'd guess at age 2 or so.. I know my mother told me I wasn't any trouble to potty train. Then at about age 10 I went through a phase where I pooped my pants, I think I was too busy playing to go in and take care of business, so had a few "accidents". I remember my parents threatening to put me back in diapers if I didn't stop. I did, but looking back, being put back into diapers might have been fun.
I was born in the 40s. At ten if I pooped my pants more than once, I'd be paddled or given the strap. As matter of fact any soiling your pants after potty training was over (usually by age 2) would have gotten me or any kid a bright red bottom.

Last edited:
I think a variation in potty training age has to do with a type of diaper that were used as babies. I think some of those people who voted age 1 or 2 lived in a time when the only choice for diapers were cloth and cloth diapers were a pain in the butt to deal with back then and that’s what motivates parents to take their children out of diapers earlier than usual. People who voted 3 or 4 are probably younger and mostly likely wore disposables when they were babies.

Last edited:
ARBBB2 said:
i asked to wear them at 4 years old and remember being told your a big boy now you don't need them!

I was the same, I used to beg my parents to let me wear them. I got caught going into my brothers nursery and putting on diapers and plastic pants so many times. I would pad up and play in my room in a diaper, plastic pants and tshirt. Being 5 years I wasn't smart enough to think of padding up in secret. I would pad up and play until my parents would walk in and catch me and make me change back into big boy clothing.

SicartheaSpikefan said:
I had a neighbor like that, but apparently his mom was very neglectful. My mom told me that the best thing she ever did for him was bake a frozen pie...
We watched blues clues together, though I wasn't that into it, he was a nice person atleast.

Yeah my cousin's parents aren't neglectful, they just for w/e reason struggled to potty train him, it was really weird. His older sister potty trained fine. Every kid is different though I guess.

Reactions: T3guuM44
Around age 4 since I wore pull-ups in 2000.

Reactions: T3guuM44
This is always a fascinating topic for me. Biologically, children usually do not have the combination of physical and cognitive skills to achieve full potty training until they are between 2.5 and 3.5 years old. Almost every child that has a parent claiming they were trained before 2.5, may have been out of diapers before 2.5, but that does not mean they were COMPLETELY potty trained. Even in some of the responses you see here, people commenting when they were potty trained, but then stating they still wore diapers after that, meaning they were not completely toilet trained until they no longer needed protection anymore. I define completely toilet trained as the point when the child doesn't have accidents anymore (except for maybe the very, very rare one). Complete training in the daytime for most is achieved between 2.5 and 3.5, while many don't achieve such control until they are between 5.5 and 6.5 years old. A small number still have regular accidents up to between 8.5 and 9.5 (ask any elementary school nurse or school secretary). Most that have trouble beyond 9.5 years old typically have physical or psychological reasons. Constipation and UTI infections are some of the most common reasons for "accidents" in older school age children.

As for me, my mother use to claim I was two when I was finally completely potty trained. When I provided her evidence that would contradict that, she changed it to 3 (in an era when kids were supposedly all completely potty trained before their 3rd birthday). Reality, I suspect, is that I was still in full time diapers until I started Preschool at 4.5 and at that time only trip trained (only went in toilet when taken to bathroom). Then I occasionally used diapers up to 7.5. Now, I wouldn't consider myself completely toilet trained until I was in college. At least that is when I finally stopped having accidents (no disposable pull-ups back then, so I had a lot of messy underwear over the years). Yet with the freedom of College, that is when I started wearing diapers and exploring my ABDL side. So, ironically, when I finally stopped needing them, I started wearing diapers.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, chamberpot and Halibut
Teekabell said:

Now see, with me I was potty trained by 2, out of diapers, no accidents. The only notable accident I ever had was when I was around 5 in kinderguarten, I had a rather messy accident in my pants and didn't know it, somehow I managed to go the whole school day without anyone really saying anything, there were comments on smell but no one ever like, did anything, until I got home, discovered what had happened and told my mom. But as far as I know that's the only accident I ever had, and as for wearing diapers past 2, I don't think I did. I never wet the bed, the only diapers I wore past 2 were those I wore for fun that I'd find in closests and such in our house.

Back